Poll for vocal tulpas: did you dislike being given a form?

How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get your form, and how do you feel about it?

• I was given a form, and wish I hadn't been.
    • I was given a form, but I like it.
    • I wasn't given a form, but I wish I had been.
    • I wasn't given a form, and I'm glad of it.
    • Other. Explain in post.

I notice a lot of people creating tulpas without forms, or with as little form as possible, because they don't want to force the tulpa into something they don't want. So, tulpas, did you care?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from Zola.

"I was given a form, but I was able to communicate pretty early... We mostly ended up working on it together. My host was very inconsistent early on with how he imagined me outside of several footnotes, so whenever he visualized me I helped nudge things along in a few directions. In the early stages, King always kept flipping around between purple and magenta hair but I stopped that outright and chose green hair for myself. Once I did that and showed it to him, he never had trouble picturing it again.

I don't quite think it matters unless your tulpa eventually says so, and personally I feel that having a form was easier to work with in the early stages. Now, this is really just me but I think if you worry about every last thing like that you'll end up thinking nihilistically and over thinking every aspect of your tulpa wondering if you forced it to be a certain way. King has actually struggled with this himself, and he still does... But I remind him each time that yes it's up to the tulpa, but with regards to him giving me a 'set' form and personality I tell him that he needs to remember that those things are just the building blocks. King put them up and I arranged them how I wanted. Granted I didn't deviate too much, but there were some things I changed. But- King has outright told me many times he's glad I did. Looking back he sees his initial idea as kind of boring, and how I am now is a lot more fun for the both of us.

I don't think there should be anything wrong with using a basic outline to your form because if your tulpa doesn't like it, they will change it as long as you aren't being an asshole to it and trying to force it into something it doesn't want. Instead of worrying about it just relax and trust your partner. We tulpa are part of you, you know. We're not about to randomly choose something that would make you upset typically. If you're worried about the romantic implications of forcing yourself a waifu down to every last fetish, though... Then yeah. You probably should let the tulpa do it's own form because no one wants to be created for the SOLE reason of being everything the host wants sexually. Treat it intelligently if you happen to want a tulpa romantically, and not for it's form. If it happens your tulpa will naturally have a form pleasing to you, but it doesnt exist TO please you (exclusively, at any rate. treat us like real people if you want love.) That's how it is with King and I at any rate.

I hope this gave some feedback... I know others will have different opinions and really nobody will be right here. I just think it's good in general to not worry and deal with things maturely as they happen. On another note, this is the first time I've ever posted on this forum through Proxy. I hope I did alright."

from red and snow's and dodger's word of voice:

"We LOVE our forms, we don't know what to tell you beyond that. Ray loves foxes, cats, and bats and dragons so we assume any form he asks of us best part of it, is we can be anything we want and Ray absolutely trusts us and doesn't question what form we take."

I tend to have full trust for my tulpas, thought forms, entities, what have you. i am not going to question what form they take because it's not my business to question them. I just live and let live.

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

This is from Shira:

I was given a form, and I liked it. It made forcing easier on Gryphon and myself, and I liked being able to move around in a cool gryphon form. I liked that form, for a while, but I tend to like change and I felt that, though I liked the form, there were others that would suit me better. Thus, I had to choose Other in the poll, as I was right in the middle of the two top options. I was given a form, glad I was, but I didn't like nor hate it. Gryphon gave me the option to change, anyway, so I never wished that I hadn't been given a form.

This is Doughnut's tulpa Amy! Doughnut was nice enough to understand that I might not like the form he gave me, so he kept telling me that it'd be ok no matter how much I deviated. I was supposed to be an anthropomorphic fox, but now I'm a feral kitsune! He was really shocked when I changed myself, bunt it was more that something was happening in his mind completely out of his own more than anything. Now we are both really happy with how I turned out! I love my host for being so understanding in giving me leeway to be what I wanted instead of what he thought he wanted.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

Annalisse: I was given a form but I made it my own. Remember, don't hate, deviate. :D

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

Kate was too bad at visualizing to even give me a proper form, though she tried. I didn't mind. She let me turn it into something that suited me.

Giselle's always been pretty laid back and she really appreciates the form she was given, she considers it a gift. She doesn't stay in her own form too often, but it is special to her.

-Jaden

• 8 months later...

Ava: No, I didn't mind at all. I want to be pretty and fun, easier for my host to remember me if I have a visual form. She let me pick everything for myself; my looks, my voice, my personality, my name. So of course I have no qualms about anything about me.

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

Noriko:

Eh, the form he gave me was ok. But I like my current form even more. Not even sure why I picked it in the first place.

Sabari:

I look pretty close to how I looked in the beginning. Skin tone and dress style is different but everything else is the same. Oh, and different eye color I think.

So I was like 75% satisfied or something.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread