The 'Do Not Disturb' technique- How to tell when your tulpa is awake!

Hal2000

Question

So here's the idea. In a hotel or some other place, you'll always find a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on a few of the doors, meant to show others that the person inside the room is asleep, or may just want some space.

Either way, the same principle can be applied to a wonderland environment. If your tulpas have a place or a room to call their own, consider giving them a 'Do Not Disturb' sign. That way, if they want to be on their own for a while or if they just want to sleep, they can place the sign on their door/room.

To summarise, here are the individual steps:

1. Create a place for your tulpa to call their own, with an entrance/exit. You could make this place as detailed as you wish, or leave it up to your tulpa, as long as there is a symbolic 'door' or something equivalent.

2. Hang the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the 'door', allowing your tulpa to remove and place it whenever they want.

3. When your tulpa is tired (or more likely, just wish to be alone), they can place the sign on the door. That way instead of waking them up, you can acknowledge the sign and let them get some rest.

We speak English, not German. Tulpa doesn't have to be capitalized in your title or text, so you should fix that. It's silly. And at one point you should write "tulpas" instead of "Tulpa's" as you meant the plural, which does not have an apostrophe.

Anyways, this is about as obvious as a tip can be and not sure if it would ever help anyone... But hell, there's always the possibility and it's not like this would be harmful or anything. It could be worth a try if this honestly is a thing that worries people. I personally would you know, just... Ask if the tupper's sleeping and if I get no respons then that's pretty simple. Assuming your tuppers even sleep, not all claim they do it. Then again, this could also be used for them just not wanting to be bothered at the moment instead of just sleeping.

Only problems with this method of course are that you require good enough visualization skills to notice the sign, which all won't be able to do. But then again, this might be the least of their worries. Same with those who have trouble seeing things they haven't put down themselves, but this could be good exercise to those. Who knows.

Don't sign your posts, though. That goes against the netiquette, unless you are implying your readers are so retarded they can't see your name to the side of your post and you just have to remind them that you wrote this. Rude. Not to mention that it's wrong as a) you are not a robot, b) I hope you are no actually homicidal and c) you are not a fictional character from a movie and if you are delusional and think that way, you might want to get professional help. Roleplaying Hal 2000 should of course be done in roleplaying threads - or better yet, roleplaying forums, which this is not. I hope.

Fix the capitalization of tulpa and nix the signing of your posts, otherwise this is approvable for tips and tricks I guess.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Approved for tips & tricks

It's a good tip for if a tulpa wants to be left alone, as a sleeping tulpa might not respond, making it more useful for the former situation than the latter most of the time.

We speak English, not German. Tulpa doesn't have to be capitalized in your title or text, so you should fix that. It's silly. And at one point you should write "tulpas" instead of "Tulpa's" as you meant the plural, which does not have an apostrophe.

Anyways, this is about as obvious as a tip can be and not sure if it would ever help anyone... But hell, there's always the possibility and it's not like this would be harmful or anything. It could be worth a try if this honestly is a thing that worries people. I personally would you know, just... Ask if the tupper's sleeping and if I get no respons then that's pretty simple. Assuming your tuppers even sleep, not all claim they do it. Then again, this could also be used for them just not wanting to be bothered at the moment instead of just sleeping.

Only problems with this method of course are that you require good enough visualization skills to notice the sign, which all won't be able to do. But then again, this might be the least of their worries. Same with those who have trouble seeing things they haven't put down themselves, but this could be good exercise to those. Who knows.

Don't sign your posts, though. That goes against the netiquette, unless you are implying your readers are so retarded they can't see your name to the side of your post and you just have to remind them that you wrote this. Rude. Not to mention that it's wrong as a) you are not a robot, b) I hope you are no actually homicidal and c) you are not a fictional character from a movie and if you are delusional and think that way, you might want to get professional help. Roleplaying Hal 2000 should of course be done in roleplaying threads - or better yet, roleplaying forums, which this is not. I hope.

Fix the capitalization of tulpa and nix the signing of your posts, otherwise this is approvable for tips and tricks I guess.

First off, thanks for pointing out the mistakes. At least that way I can improve upon my post, and not make any grammatical mistakes in the future. Regarding the (now deleted) signature at the bottom: I was not intending it to be taken seriously, and merely added it for humorous effect. On the other hand, I do take the whole idea of my tulpas (Not Tulpa!) seriously and was not trying to come across as roleplaying. Anyways, thanks for the response!

Yes, good to see that you fixed the small issues that were present. Just remember that signing your posts is almost universally frowned upon on almost every forum and you might even get banned for them in some places. It's not just a .info thing or anything, so better follow those unwritten rules of forums in the future as well, yeah?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Approved for tips. I want to say it's the thought that counts for this submission. Or in other words, it can give newcomers a chance to at least have one of many options in treating their tulpas as somebody that's actually there. It may seem vague at first glance, but it really has potential in a tulpa building up something for themselves. Especially those kinds of tulpas that are all power hungry with existential values and what have you.

I'd agree on this being an obvious tip, but sometimes the best way to treat someone as sentient is to do things any other gregarious being would do.

Approved for Tips and Tricks.

I'm not really sure I think this is something most people need, or if it's even something they'd want to do:

Some tulpas don't sleep, some have regular sleeping schedules, some don't have much of a regular sleeping schedule, but still get rest and so on.

It's not uncommon that if a tulpa is resting, you may not get an answer from them, or maybe you would bring them back to "waking" consciousness then.

I've yet to hear from my tulpa that they don't like being disturbed - they usually enjoy some attention, and if they're resting, it will become obvious to me.

Maybe instead of making fancy arrangements/symbolism for figuring out a tulpa's mental state, one just learns better communication, so that you can sense their (mental) state yourself without the need for them to always explicitly tell you.

Yes, good to see that you fixed the small issues that were present. Just remember that signing your posts is almost universally frowned upon on almost every forum and you might even get banned for them in some places. It's not just a .info thing or anything, so better follow those unwritten rules of forums in the future as well, yeah?

DND - might try this. It may seem obvious but humans don't apply it as often as they would if it were suggested either.

And don't listen to him about signing your posts. He may be yanking your chain. There's nothing wrong or right about putting a little signature on your post. This is not the best source for "unwritten rules of forums." There's even a signature field on many forums, and many use them.

My lip hurts.

Your reading comprehension never ceases to amaze me, Yori.

DND - might try this. It may seem obvious but humans don't apply it as often as they would if it were suggested either.

And don't listen to him about signing your posts. He may be yanking your chain. There's nothing wrong or right about putting a little signature on your post. This is not the best source for "unwritten rules of forums." There's even a signature field on many forums, and many use them.

Your reading comprehension never ceases to amaze me, Yori.

Nice to see that this threads got a few responses! Though signing may be allowed/not allowed on certain forums, I might as well take all the advice I can get, whether positive or negative.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand! Although it largely depends on how someone applies this tip/method due to it's nature, what ways do you think such an idea could be improved?