Feelings while talking to my tulpa

Hello, I started the creation process 3 days ago and something's bothering me.

When narrating I always try to keep my tulpa's image in my mind. Like if she was just in front of me, and I'm talking to her in my thoughts. Not sure if this is necessary, but it helps me have the feeling that I'm talking to a person who is definitely listening to what I'm saying, but just isn't able to respond yet.

The thing is, I can only feel this way like 30% of the time. The rest feels like I'm talking to myself or just blabbering to no one, even though I am still visualizing her right in front of me. That is assuming that I can do that, as my concentration skills are terrible.

This really bothers me. Should it, though? Because the only times I feel the forcing sessions are productive are when I can feel this sensation I described.

So, should I seek this feeling every time I narrate or is it not really important?

Having the feeling that your tulpa is actually listening is always a good thing. However, it is not necessary to make progress, and I couldn't really tell you how much it helps. I think if nothing else, it is probably an encouraging feeling to have.

I would strive to get this feeling, if you think you can, but I would not worry when you do not feel it. You are still talking to your tulpa, whether you feel like you are, or not.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I worried about that at first too but as long as you are thinking about her it's fine, everyone is different but I would say the most important part for me was assuming she was listening to me, and with the passing of time it became more and more easier to get that feeling you talk about until you don't even have to try to get it.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

For me, it helped to give my tulpa a name (even though she changed it later). That way I could begin my thoughts with her name and it made me feel more like I was talking to her rather than talking to myself. There will be a lot of time at the beginning though that it will probably feel like you are talking to yourself and that's ok. Just keep in mind and is listening even if she can't respond yet (or, she is responding but you can't hear her yet)

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

The thing is, I can only feel this way like 30% of the time. The rest feels like I'm talking to myself or just blabbering to no one, even though I am still visualizing her right in front of me. That is assuming that I can do that, as my concentration skills are terrible.

Your tulpa isn't necessarily always "there." They can't physically leave you, but sometimes their attention is diverted elsewhere or they're off doing something else in your wonderland and you need to get their attention. I've found that I have trouble visualizing my tulpas unless they're present, but getting them present doesn't usually take much more than calling their name and sending them feeling of intent, something along the lines of, "come here, please, I want to talk to you."

However, you don't seem to have trouble visualizing her. Have you tried asking her to nod if she's listening? If you've got visualization down, non-verbal communication might be the way to go. Consider giving her a pad of paper and a pencil or pen. If your visualization is good you might be able to see anything she writes.

Thanks guys, it's a relief to know that I don't require feeling it to make progress.

However, you don't seem to have trouble visualizing her. Have you tried asking her to nod if she's listening? If you've got visualization down, non-verbal communication might be the way to go. Consider giving her a pad of paper and a pencil or pen. If your visualization is good you might be able to see anything she writes.

Nah I have a lot of trouble with visualization and I've spent about 2 months visualizing stuff daily to try to improve at it but absolutely nothing changed. So I kinda gave up on trying to improve and am doing the forcing with garbage visualization skills.