For some reason, my tulpa doesn't seem to be responding at all.

It's just a visualization issue. It does take time! I couldn't ever consistently view Amy at first. That is, until she deviated herself dramatically during a hypnosis session. After that, I could see her perfectly fine!

But like everything else in this art, practice makes perfect. Just keep visualizing your tulpa, and you'll find it getting easier each time. Patience is key.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

The best thing I can come up with is that you are simply just having trouble visualizing your tulpa.

As for him not breathing, don't be too concerned about that. Obviously, they don't need oxygen to survive (if that is what you were getting at.) Anything like that is purely aesthetic and, if you are as early on as it seems, is probably also just puppeting. I could always be wrong, just my summation.

Work on visualizing small parts at a time before going after the whole thing. If you are new to this sort of stuff, everything is probably going to seem blurry and confusing, but with time, practice and dedication, you'll see him just fine in your mind.

Edit: How long have you been struggling with this?

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

(Amy)>*giggle* Hosts are so adorable when they get all worried and impatient! Just relax. You're doing a good job, and I can tell you care about your tulpa and want to make him as good and "able" as you possibly can. So good luck! I'm sure you'll be having full-blown conversations and having wonderland adventures in no time! :3

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip