new to all of this

nathanpsy

Hey, so my name is Nathan, and i recently saw a thread about tulpas on 4chan. I was extremely interested and decided to research it a little bit. I have always had an interest in psychology, and have always thought the mind was a powerful thing.

I would very much enjoy a tulpa companion, but i want to make sure it turns out perfectly. So i have a couple questions.

First off, i am not sure what is wrong with me mentally. Part of me thinks i may have mild ashbergers, part of me thinks i am not a normal thinking person, and part of me thinks its all in my head (mostly due to my mother always telling me growing up that i wasnt normal and that i had mental issues. I have gone to countless appointments and stuff with psychologists growing up, being diagnosed with things ranging from, bipolar, ashbergers, adhd, schizo effective disorder, and maybe a few other things. None of which i am currently taking meds for) anyways i fit in to society pretty well, but i do do some weird things that most people dont do. So my first question is this

Should i make a tulpa if i feel that my personal psyche may conflict/ruin my tulpa.

Another question is, i am worried that with my psyche, i may go crazy and develop some sort of multi personality disorder or just simply lose my mind.

Third, how often is it that a person with a messed up psyche created a tulpa and it caused issues.

Fourth, i want to create a tulpa, not a servient. What happens if i were to mess up my tulpa and got stuck with a, for lack of better word, retarded tulpa.

Is it possible to undo them?

And finally, my creativity/ imagination is not very ggood. For example, i can not close my eyes and imagine a detailed picture of anything. Its more like a roug construct. Like if i try to imagine a car driving down a road, or a pencil writing, it would be very vague. Basicly not very good at imagining things. I just need some advice

"Normal" is a matter of definition: scientific, cultural, psychological, religious, societal, economic, political and (unfortunately) ethical. Many amazing people from history weren't deemed "normal" in their own time. I'd say do some reading in the guide section and then follow your path. More will be revealed as you go.

Should i make a tulpa if i feel that my personal psyche may conflict/ruin my tulpa.

If you feel that, just from the act of feeling that, you are more likely to have difficulties. However, I would say that you don't really need to feel that. You didn't list anything that will prevent people from making tulpas and having them turn out alright.

Another question is, i am worried that with my psyche, i may go crazy and develop some sort of multi personality disorder or just simply lose my mind.

You almost for sure won't go crazy. MPD/DID does not mean you have lost your mind. They just mean you have to do a lot of work to become a healthy system (group of people in the same brain) as opposed to a disordered one. Making a tulpa generally does not lead one to become a disordered system (though, even if so, the label DDNOS would be used instead probably). Also, not all multiples have MPD/DID, and not all plurals are multiple (host-tulpa systems are an example of plurals who are not multiple). Multiples can have tulpas as well. My system is one such system (2 headmates and 5 tulpas total).

Third, how often is it that a person with a messed up psyche created a tulpa and it caused issues.

Most people who have had major issues it wasn't due to mental health issues but due to them not treating their tulpas well and respecting them as people or they deliberately made a tulpa with a not very good personality (like making a Cupcakes Pinkamena tulpa (someone has done it, and I seriously had to talk someone else out of doing the same thing one time)). Recklessness is the other path by which people can have problems. I've been there with servitors. And there was of course Koomer with Oguigi (https://community.tulpa.info/thread-oguigi-%E5%86%85%E5%84%80-koomer-the-diary).

Really, if you treat tulpas well and respect them as people, don't start them out heading in the wrong direction, and aren't completely reckless; you and your tulpa/s will turn out fine.

Now, that isn't to say you should necessarily make one or not. It is something to very carefully think about. Making a tulpa is a lot of responsibility. It is also sharing your life with someone else in a way few understand before they do it. And you don't know from the get go how much sharing. A tulpa could want to stay inside exclusively, in which case you will be spending time meditating so you can be with them. They may want to control the body and have their own social life and hobbies, in which case you could be sharing body time with them. In that latter case, you kind of have to make life decisions together whereas in the former it is optional. And there is of course the sticky issue of what to do if you all get romantic interests in different people. None of these are innately bad, but such sharing is not for everyone. If it is not for you, don't make a tulpa. If it is, then look at your other reasonings. To make a tulpa is to bring a new person into the world. That can be a very special thing, but not something to do lightly.

Fourth, i want to create a tulpa, not a servient. What happens if i were to mess up my tulpa and got stuck with a, for lack of better word, retarded tulpa.

Servitors can be turned into tulpas. Tulpas can change, can grow, etc. So, you don't really need to worry about that.

Is it possible to undo them?

Yes, it is, but it is not something to do lightly. To dissipate a tulpa is to kill them. Think about that carefully.

And finally, my creativity/ imagination is not very ggood. For example, i can not close my eyes and imagine a detailed picture of anything. Its more like a roug construct. Like if i try to imagine a car driving down a road, or a pencil writing, it would be very vague. Basicly not very good at imagining things. I just need some advice

Visualization can be improved. There are guides here about that, actually. And you can work on visualization before even making a tulpa. I should mention that good visualization is not a prerequisite to making a tulpa.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful and motivating.

I think i would like to begin by saying i want tocpractice my visualization skills. So if anyone can offer up a couple links to mind training as i call it i would appreciate it.

Secondly, i was googling about where tulpamancers stem from and found out it has to do with ancient Tibetan monks, and i came across several interesting articles, including one that said monks were able to mentalize a form in their head and use it to enter the heavenly bodies. That intrigued me so much, and makes me wonder what other things are possible. I very much would liketo start meditating simply for the fact of soul searching, if anyone couls offer links up about ancient mediation practices, meditation phenomenons, things people have achieved, ideas about it, theories, whatever may seem interesting, i would appreciate that too.

I am on mobile and do not possess a internet on a computer, so it is very hard to internet search, which is why i ask of y ou guys to maybe help me.

Now, as for the personalities of a tulpa. Could i hypothetically create a tulpa with several traits that i give to the tulpa whether he she likes it or not. For example, undying love for me, the opinion that they are not extremely interested in switching, although they may want to try it but its not something he she cares abut too much, and slow to anger, idk, would it upset the tulpa if i gave it a couple permanent traits that he.she has no choice.but to have.

Secondly, i am only hypothesizing as of roght now. And i am pretty sure i would like my tulpa to create its own visualization. I want to give him her a rough idea of what he she looks like, and allow them to build and construct themselves the way they want. Simply because i am not very good at visualization, and chances are i will forget what i created.

Also, while creating, i wpuld most lilely attempt to visualize it as a character creation screen, such as from the sims, or skyrim, you know? Thats how i would go about it.

Character creation programs are a great place to start if you are having a hard time with visualization, and really any that provide a model that works for both of you are fine. After reading your posts, it sounds like you are quite anxious about how your tulpa's personality will develop. I would strongly advise you to stay away from permanent traits, regardless of how enticing the idea may be. I totally understand why, but I feel like you will be more engaged with watching them develop and grow if you give them more freedom. Likewise, please do not start the process and then feel the need to change or restart if things don't go as you explicitly planned. Ultimately it is a cooperative process of the host and the tulpa, so work together to keep it fun and interesting for both of you.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

You can create your tulpa with certain personality traits, but be aware they may end up developing differently. If they do, you shouldn't force them to still act a certain way. Let them be themselves.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

The classic text for the source of Tulpamancy is Alexandra David-Neel's Magic and Mystery in Tibet (1929). There's an English version available here:

Magic and Mystery

Amazon sells a kindle version, too. I'm about halfway through it at the moment--she was an amazing woman in many respects.

Well, it WAS available there--now they have a hack message up. If you google it you can still get the .pdf.