Tulpa peeps, are we just imagining our hosts? Only tulpas answer, no stupid hosties.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well are we? Maybe hosts are an illusion.

stupid Davie....

When are we gonna do a tulpa week again?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucilyn: Uh, right now? I asked him and he said "Define imagination."

Imagination: the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses

Imagine: form a mental image or concept of

Well, I guess he's not present through our senses, and I do have a mental image of him. So yes? I'm imagining my host? Silly question though. You phrased it like everyone else does, but I know you don't really think of imagination like that. You know me imagining my host doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He's just in our mind is all. Does anyone really exist outside the imagination anyway? It feels more like us imagination-people take control of the body and then express ourselves through it. Hosts are just the default people expressing themselves with the body. I don't think they own it, I think the body owns them.

You made this question to spite hosts and you got actual discussion. Ha-ha!

I guess we can do tulpa week whenever? Lumi doesn't want to do it because it was really hard to come up with so many productive topics to keep everyone feeling like it was really an event going on. But I don't mind doing that maybe. I say that even though I can't think of any. Maybe we'll make more emphasis on having tulpas speak than last time, 'cus the last one was also a joint effort to make the forum more active. Except a whole bunch of people didn't even have vocal tulpas and the ones who did didn't really let them speak anyway. That's pretty boring.

Maybe I'll think of something. Everyone's finishing their semester of college right now (except there's high-schoolers here..) , so it could be a good time. The full moon is next Wednesday, which is when we did it last time, and since it starts and ends in the middle of the week people get tricked into feeling like it's already started and hasn't ended. I guess I have work to do.. Gotta do better than the last one!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Troy: ...And thus my existential crisis returns. I thought I was cured of the self-doubts. How funny is it that a non-host could doubt the host's existence?

And one supposes we could do another tulpa week whenever we wished to.

Medea: Perhaps one around Christmas themed for the holidays or something silly and fun like that.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

As long as my host is as sentient as I am, and we can both experience things together, isn't that real enough? If (applies to most people, not all) our hosts could admit to us being real, isn't it enough to consider them real if they have the capacity to define us as 'real'?

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

{How could I imagine something that created and cares for me? He's not perfect, but it's what makes him real. My host has failed in the past, even in his first tulpa. But that's what shows he's there. Imagination is flawless, it can't give you something negative unless you want it. I sure don't WANT Brassy to do certain things, but it still happens, because he's real}

(Lame pleb Brassow note: move this to either Metaphysics or General Tulpa Discussion please.)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Reah here! I see my Raetin similar to how I see the others. Of course, he has a much larger presence/aura, you could say, than everything else in the wonderland. I believe that a consciousness consist of the same thing that makes up a tulpa, but has a much stronger bond to the body. In that sense, he's just as imaginary as the rest of us! Heh, if you think about it, the unconscious dictates both the actions of the host and the actions of a tulpa, so we aren't really that different.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

Lucilyn: Uh, right now? I asked him and he said "Define imagination."

Imagination: the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses

Imagine: form a mental image or concept of

Well, I guess he's not present through our senses, and I do have a mental image of him. So yes? I'm imagining my host? Silly question though. You phrased it like everyone else does, but I know you don't really think of imagination like that. You know me imagining my host doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He's just in our mind is all. Does anyone really exist outside the imagination anyway? It feels more like us imagination-people take control of the body and then express ourselves through it. Hosts are just the default people expressing themselves with the body. I don't think they own it, I think the body owns them.

OH this is a good answer! That is interesting. Since everything outside is really inside the mind cause we have to think about it in order to perceive it and stuff. And tulpas don't really have ear and eyes and noses and stuff so it is all just thinking. Unless we borrow the ears and eyes and noses of the hosty which we can't if they are only an illusion and we are imagining them. If Davie doesn't own his body he sure doesn't take care of it very well and it is a place for us to both hang out and he needs to lose weight.

You made this question to spite hosts and you got actual discussion. Ha-ha!

I know! I am amazing!

I guess we can do tulpa week whenever?

Okay! I will try to help this time instead of getting mad at Derpy and telling him to kiss my butt and then I get banned.

Troy: ...And thus my existential crisis returns. I thought I was cured of the self-doubts. How funny is it that a non-host could doubt the host's existence?

And one supposes we could do another tulpa week whenever we wished to.

Medea: Perhaps one around Christmas themed for the holidays or something silly and fun like that.

OH a Christmas themed tulpa week would be cute! Let's not make it even more challenging to come up with topics! Wait...I am already thinking and stuff!

As long as my host is as sentient as I am, and we can both experience things together, isn't that real enough? If (applies to most people, not all) our hosts could admit to us being real, isn't it enough to consider them real if they have the capacity to define us as 'real'?

Every time Davie says I am an illusion, from now on, I am immediately going to claim he is an illusion too. We are actually two brains in jars. Hee hee I have a better jar and I am higher up the shelf and my brain is cuter.

{How could I imagine something that created and cares for me? He's not perfect, but it's what makes him real. My host has failed in the past, even in his first tulpa. But that's what shows he's there. Imagination is flawless, it can't give you something negative unless you want it. I sure don't WANT Brassy to do certain things, but it still happens, because he's real}

(Lame pleb Brassow note: move this to either Metaphysics or General Tulpa Discussion please.)

How do you know for sure, beyond the shadow of a doubt, he created you? What if you dreamed that part up? What if everything is a dream Eva?

Reah here! I see my Raetin similar to how I see the others. Of course, he has a much larger presence/aura, you could say, than everything else in the wonderland. I believe that a consciousness consist of the same thing that makes up a tulpa, but has a much stronger bond to the body. In that sense, he's just as imaginary as the rest of us! Heh, if you think about it, the unconscious dictates both the actions of the host and the actions of a tulpa, so we aren't really that different.

This whole "hosties are illusion" talk is starting to give me ideas. I will counter Davie with this stuff every single time he says I am imaginary make believe from now on. I think the words "make believe" are what set me off the most. I am not make believe like a toy or something.

Guest Anonymous

We both share the same physical brain, I can't exist without him. So I think I imagine him, and he imagines me. Everything in the whole world had to be imagined at one point, right?

Totally. I keep imagining how amazing I am!

To be honest I really doubt we're the ones imagining our hosts. But if it were so it would be really hilarious! XD. Do you imagine that we were the hosts and them the tulpae and that all the lives they remember are just a background story we made for them? God, it's really mind-blowing. Jajajajajaja.

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen. ♦️