How can my tulpas learn to stay awake when the body is asleep?

My tulpas wish to learn how to stay awake when the body and I sleep. Considering this is at least somewhat possible (tulpas entering a lucid state when the body is asleep) how is it accomplished, either by entering a lucid state, or by staying fully awake, and how are either of those things accomplished in the first place?

The FINALE System

Current Members:

Pexium, Alysa (formerly known as Aphelion), Misaka, Aerys

Somewhere in the wonderland but alive and well:

Prof

Dead?/Missing?/In Stasis?:

Omni, Amelia

I don't think it has been confirmed that this happens while the sleeping agent is dreaming. However, I am thinking of looking into hypnosis to initiate the process.

The closest we tend to get is a temporary state where one of the two of us feels awake and begins hallucinating the dreams the other is having. The state is unstable and does not last long.

The basic method is simple. One of you relax and try to sleep, while the other one guards against the influence of sleep and tries to stay awake. You will find at least one of those is a futile goal in most cases.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I guess in order for them to stay awake, the base assumption would be that they can retain conscious awareness of themselves, and carry on some kind of sixth sense, or indirect acknowledgement of the inner workings of your mind while it goes through the REM cycles as you're asleep. Though, I think when attempted, at least threads that discussed about this in the past, the tulpa-in-question seems to take form as kind of like a dream character that reminds them that 'Hey, you're dreaming!'

Of course, that's just one circumstance, and the actual concern one has with 'Was that my tulpa, or my mind fabricating a version of my tulpa as a dream character?' And boy, that one sure causes some fear and paranoia. I guess one concept you could consider is mindfulness while transitioning in the sleeping stage. Though, I think another helpful reference point is having some proficiency in switching, but the tulpa-in-question would just be used to the body, metaphorically speaking, being weighed down like a lead blanket on top of them (or whatever predispositions the body goes through + whatever hallucinations the person feels is going on).

idk what exactly you mean by stay awake while you're asleep. Like, it's the brain that sleeps, not one of you specifically. If even one of you is using the parts of the brain associated with being awake, it doesn't matter who else "sleeps", the brain won't be resting. But you mentioned lucidity, which is totally different from being awake while asleep, but is also a hundred times more awesome I recommend lucid dreaming highly, we're working on it ourselves! Seems like the best possible way for a host and their tulpas to interact (not exclusively but you know what I mean)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Well, i could say that we can be awake while nihi is sleeping but muscular control is far from our reach. Although, there are moments where i accidentally wake nihi up but that was when i was in development, it still happens but very rarely. I do not know what are the causes between it.

We do it in his dreams, his dreams is the bridge from us interacting with him while he sleep. But of course, it is does not happen all the time. Like what Lucilyn said, the brain is still awake when the body sleeps so you can say that the tulpa can be awake while the host goes to sleep but majority sleep with their host.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

Thanks for the response everyone. My tups tried to stay awake when I went to sleep, but as soon as the body fell asleep they also fell asleep, so that isn't possible, at least for us. This also unfortunately didn't result in a lucid dream via WILD. Anyone have tips on how we could start a lucid dream that all of us end up in?

The FINALE System

Current Members:

Pexium, Alysa (formerly known as Aphelion), Misaka, Aerys

Somewhere in the wonderland but alive and well:

Prof

Dead?/Missing?/In Stasis?:

Omni, Amelia

Lucid dreams are painfully difficult. Seems the only standard way is to spend all day thinking about dreaming and working on dream recall, often through mechanisms such as reality checks. This doesn't seem to get much easier with tulpas.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I linked tips for lucid dreaming before - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-great-shared-lucid-dream-project?pid=170800#pid170800

go to dreamviews (also in that post) for info on methods, and to get all of you in a dream you just have to make them appear, going to your wonderland can help a lot, dream control is all about believing you can do things/they'll be a certain way so that's really up to the individual

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas