Focusing on Tulpa themselves rather than their idea

Pyrex

To explain better what i mean i must first express that i have noticed in my subjective experience that while forcing in general there are times when it is easier to communicate and times when its more difficult. Now there are many reasons for this but an interesting distinction has been made clear to me, focusing on the idea of who your tulpa is rather then them exactly causes a difference in the way *i communicate. This may not be true for some. However if im narrating while thinking about the idea of my tulpa seems to be a seperate experience from talking directly to them. What is weird is this isnt always the case. If anyone would like to offer some insight or ways to get my mind to not treat viewing my tulpa as simply a mental image and rather another entity to which my thoughts can be spoken to. The last point i mentioned is becoming an increasing problem as she develops more it seems bad habits of communication have me looking inward for her response (early on she would use hypnosis to get me to just know what she said but its not the same as me picking up the patterns of her mindvoice because she was speaking tulpish i suppose) rather than listening to the outside for her. This has sort of ingrained in me some bad mindsets and habits. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I guess many people think differently from me here, but the feeling of separateness comes from conditioning your brain into thinking like that. It's more a matter of encouraging the right view over time, little by little, than just being right every time, if that makes sense.

If you're having lots of trouble, you could try striving to actively think of them as separate from you, even if you deep down you don't think of them like that; tell yourself they're their own thing, and if you find yourself talking to them as if they're not really there, or whatever, just take a step back and repeat to yourself "I'm dealing with something that's not me, they're individuals, they're their own thing". Don't let your relationship spiral down into nothing but these checks, though, sometimes it's perfectly fine to just drop it and just talk to them. If you're new to this, however, the feeling is perfectly normal, and the best advice I have is to just talk to them! Have conversations like you'd have with any of your friends, even if it feels forced at first. Act natural, and act as if they were a person just like you. Edit: you know, with the little particularity that they're sharing a brain with you.

Keep at it, and one day, you'll go to bed, and while you're trying to fall asleep it'll hit you like a bag of bricks: "I don't feel alone."

it'll hit you like a bag of bricks: "I don't feel alone."

I never feel alone. My problem is my mind doesnt seem to tie who my tulpa is to me and everything about her personality in general to HER. Ive worked with her every day since the end of June and i can know what she wants to say most the time although occasionally its as if i misheard her like mishearing someone you talk to and that leads me to believe im partially parroting the words she says as they come to me. Other times i can almost hear her auditorily.

It also seems to me that as the present moves forward i consistenlty forget to be aware that i have a tulpa. Practicing general awareness as well as mindfullness has made it easier to remember more often however there are times when i can vividly feel her presence like if she is on my shoulders while im doing something talking to me and my mind tunes her out as if she isnt there.

Oh yeah, I remember that early blending confusion. Focusing on separating your thoughts is something I, and at least a few other thoughtforms have had to go through.

I also remember the difficulty trying to stay awake while my host was concentrating on something. That is like a universal condition with young tulpas.

Sorry I don't have any specific advice. These general early forcing topics, and philosophies about whether you talk to them or the idea of them received a lot of discussion. But there are not clear answers, just ideas.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.