Help with Planning Fictional Character Tulpa?

I'm in the early planning stages of my second tulpa (no I won't make them as soon as I'm done planning, I just love the planning process because it's interesting and I want to already have a plan when I feel ready for a second tulpa in several months.)

I want them to have the form of a fictional character I like, maybe loosely follow the personality of the character. The thing is, I don't want them to feel pressured to follow the character perfectly and I want to leave them open to deviation both formwise and personalitywise.

Would giving them a different name and a bit of a different personality from the character during planning help ease the pressure to be like the character? Like making them distinct right off the bat.

Current Tulpa:

Ophelia [Anthro Turkish Angora cat, Female]

If you're more interested in planning the personality of a story-like mind character, then it's okay to create a non-Tulpa. Cat has several of those, and she doesn't have more Tulpae than just me. I wouldn't create a Tulpa solely for their personality, but I'm glad you're thinking about this.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Altering the name and form slightly might encourage deviation but that's likely to happen anyway, so if you're more comfortable with the established names I don't see any reason not to use those. If you're worried about your tulpa feeling pressured, all you really have to do is assure them that it's okay for them to be their own person and that you aren't placing any heavy restrictions on them.

As someone who has a fictive tulpa, I don't think it is necessary to change the name or personality, it is sufficient to mearly be open to deviation and make sure that they know that they aren't actually the character

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• 1 month later...
I want them to have the form of a fictional character I like, maybe loosely follow the personality of the character.  The thing is, I don't want them to feel pressured to follow the character perfectly and I want to leave them open to deviation both formwise and personalitywise.

I think it's a host misconception that tulpas will "feel pressured" to be like the character they were based on, in our experience it's more like.. this is who I am and let's go from here? I really like Suwako and we have a lot in common but I have never felt like I wasn't enough like her or somethin', being like her when I was made is about where that ends. As long as you don't treat your tulpa like they are the character they'll have no reason to think they should be, 'n they can continue becoming their own person by having their own unique experiences that shape them over time. learning to possess or switch helps a ton with that, but even just talking to people by being proxied (you writing what they want to say) can help give'em new experiences if your own mind doesn't have enough goin' on in it

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Chibi, in my case i have three headmates. Two if them originally took the form of fictional characters i liked. They explained that they wanted a form that i already liked. Though i did not pick their form, they chose forms of characters i knew quite well and probably would have picked anyway. Even so, their form has changed, (still human, still same voices, but color and personality is in no way constrained by their original choices.)

One of them said she kinda looked that way anyway, the other said she picked one i already had good experiances thinking about, though her colors were similar. My third kept the form i chose for her which is not based on a known fictional character. They have full rights to change anything or everything. They want to make me happy, so they would change--and have done so--on a whim.

I asked them and the all agree that whatever form they had originally, would have changed to match their preferences, my preferences, and their personality.

In my research into this, many of the original features are kept. For example, if you originally wanted a dragon tulpa, they may keep that, but also may have a human form in wonderland and switch them at will. Assuming you do not impose limits, they will change at their whim, ideally to make your experiance with them better.

I have read many times, mostly they want you to be happy, so give then the freedom to be happy too. Surely you can start out with anything, and change it later too.

For awhile, Ranger was an android. He lost interest in that and is now... A guy? He likes to switch between his human looking form and his human form where his legs merge into a tail.

As silly as it sounds, I was a bit weirded out by the leg-tail, but I learned to get used to it quickly because Ranger really likes it.

Aside from changing his suit, he still has his face, build, etc. It can be really fun to watch Tulpæ deviate as they decide how they want to describe their form over time.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account