Is it still progress when your dream self visualizes your tulpa?

So, I accidentally tulpaforced in my dream, and my dream self was actually doing 50 times better than me. He fell off the bed after forcing because he saw a glimpse of my Tulpa next to my bed, the rest has nothing to do with visualizing. So, the question is if my dream self visualizes, is it still progress?

Probably just a sign that if a mental projection of yourself can work his ass off into this, maybe it's something you should integrate into your lifestyle. There wasn't an accidental tulpaforcing. You've been fixated on this endeavor obviously, so if you want to see this as progress, sure, why not?

Progress isn't always about having to do something, and hopefully reaching a breakthrough. Sometimes it's finding an inspiration, reflecting about it, and giving you an urgency of doing, especially if you claimed this dream self did things 50 times better than your usual routine. If you want to feel that any dream where you're forcing, non-lucid or lucid, to be considered progress, then go ahead and go for that presumption. It's the thought that counts, I guess.

Debatable. Here's a few things I can think of. I would say that because you see your dream self as a separate entity to you that it isn't progress, as you're not reinforcing your tulpa truly being alive and active to yourself, but putting everything your tulpa did down to this dream self. Also I don't see the fact that you weren't conscious of being in a dream helping you much, as you want to be able to experience your tulpa being that active while you're awake and aware, not while you're unaware that you're dreaming. I think this because when you're dreaming, you're not thinking logically and thinking completely like the way you do fully awake. Dreams are also fairly hard to remember for most people; unless they have practiced keeping a dream journal. To me, not being fully awake lessens any experience I have with my tulpa, as I want to experience my tulpa while I'm fully awake and what I consider to be my real self.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtform#Modern_perspective

'I say 'soul making' Soul as distinguished from an Intelligence- There may be intelligences or sparks of divinity in millions- but they are not souls until they acquire identities, till each one is personality itself'

-John Keats, 1819

Is this dream-self like someone else, or just the same you in an asleep state where you do without thinking and actions happen for silly reasons or no reason?

I would say either way it's progress. For one thing, if you're seeing your tulpa in a dream in full clarity, that means that you have a mental picture of them that's pretty well detailed. For another, forcing is forcing, whether you're doing it or no. Something in your brain is making subconscious processes focus on this tulpa and bringing her to life, whether this dream-self is you or not. An existing tulpa can force another tulpa too.

There are two issues I see though:

- Don't let this become an excuse for putting in less effort when awake. Dream forcing is probably helping, but it's not a reason to slack off.

- If this was the only forcing on this tulpa, I'd be worried that you might end up only able to interact with her in dreams because the mind can put quite a divide between dreams and waking.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

this dream-self like someone else, or just the same you in an asleep state where you do without thinking and actions happen for silly reasons or no reason? Depends if it is a random dream that doesn't make any sense while I am still not able to know that. If it is, he's a seperate entity, if not he's not but more of like an uncontrollable version of me that can be controled by the power of my tulpas and saying "I will lucid dream" over and over again. So, yes the same thing as me when I am in an asleep state.

you're seeing your tulpa in a dream in full clarity, A very vivid image of her spinning with my eyes closed, dream and real life. I was actually closed eye visualizing before I slept. So, that creeped me out.

- Don't let this become an excuse for putting in less effort when awake. Dream forcing is probably helping, but it's not a reason to slack off. Eh, don't worry about that. I never get dreams that I want, even while lucid dreaming. Plus, I put in an hour or sometimes half an hour on forcing.

- If this was the only forcing on this tulpa, I'd be worried that you might end up only able to interact with her in dreams because the mind can put quite a divide between dreams and waking. Actually, this is my first dream visualization.

I would say that because you see your dream self as a separate entity to you that it isn't progress I don't think he's a separate entity unless non-believable things happen or actions that I would never do he does.

as you're not reinforcing your tulpa truly being alive and active to yourself, but putting everything your tulpa did down to this dream self. My dream self/he did it himself/myself. Probably because he wants to help me out on forcing because I fell asleep during my visualization.

Dreams are also fairly hard to remember for most people Same thing for me, unless it's about my tulpa. For some reason, I remember stuff about that cute little magician pony greatly, everything else is quickly forgotten... Hmmm...