Possession/Switching and Driving Cars

SarahLogic

I searched around for answers to this already posted, but couldn't find anything, hence my starting a thread to ask (but I apologize in advance if there's already a thread on this out there).

Sometimes when I'm driving, I get really distracted or stressed or over-emotional, and end up not driving my car very safely.

I'm wondering if I should work on possession/switching with my tulpae so they can take over driving my car for me when I end up in situations like this.

Do any of you have experience with allowing your tulpa to drive your car?

Do you think it's safer or more dangerous?

>too emotional to drive

>thinks switching with her sentient thoughtform while driving is a good thing

This is almost worse than the people that 'let god take the wheel'

If your tulpa becomes good enough at possession/switching and knows how to drive a car well, it could work.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest amber5885

NO! ^^^^bad advice. This isn't a safe idea at all. Learn to control your thoughts do NOT! I repeate do NOT put other people or yourself in danger for stupid reasons.

Thinking switching is a safe way to drive is about on par with thinking one beer won't hurt I can still drive.

NO! ^^^^bad advice. This isn't a safe idea at all. Learn to control your thoughts do NOT! I repeate do NOT put other people or yourself in danger for stupid reasons.

Thinking switching is a safe way to drive is about on par with thinking one beer won't hurt I can still drive.

Honestly, I don't see how it's harmful, provided the tulpa can drive well, which they should be able to if the host can. It may be a good idea to supervise them at first to make sure they do have the hang of it (i.e., let them possess, not switch, at first so the host can take back control right away if necessary), but I don't see the actual danger in it.

There have been cases, after all, of tulpae switching with the host for extended periods of time and upholding the host's responsibilities just fine - and, yes, this does include driving to places safely.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest amber5885

You haven't been here long so let me explain something to you. Having a tulpa is not a way to get out of your daily life. It is not a way to avoid your problems and anxieties and a healthy tulpa would tell you the same thing.

If you have anxiety about driving or if you can't maintain focus then you should seek help to find out why it is that you have these problems and deal with them in a healthy manner.

Having your tulpa take over in areas of your life that you find "too stressful" is not only irisponsible but dangerous. Say you tried this. Say you did allow your tulpa to drive in your place. What would happen if he/she suddenly forgets what to do? Gets distracted or thinks that they may be able to do something that isn't possible in our world but is in there's because they don't know better?

Your judgment would be impaired from being in a "sleep state" an you wouldn't be able to stop from crashing the car or causing a head on collision from running a red light. And if you got injured or someone else died it would be on you not your tulpa.

Deal with your anxiety. See a shrink if necissary to combat it but don't think for one second that allowing a tulpa to take your place Ina situation where you need to be highly alert and reactive is safe, advised or even a halfway smart idea.

Fennec girl: just because they can doesn't mean they should. You are responsible for anything that happens not them. When you're behind the wheel you are playing with not only your life but the lives of people around you.

Not only that but saying "fuck it I don't like this part of my life" and giving the responsibility to a tulpa is unhealthy and completely missing the point of tulpa.

Amber, what you're saying is mostly good advice, but I don't think OP's question is simply "I don't like this thing; can my tulpa do it for me?". It seems to be more along the lines of "I feel unable to drive safely sometimes; could my tulpa help me drive more safely?" She seems to be asking this not out of a desire for escapism but with her own safety in mind. I do agree that OP should learn to deal with and eliminate her issue with getting too distracted/stressed/emotional to drive safely; however, in the meantime, if her tulpa is capable of driving more safely than her in such situations, then it could actually be safer for her tulpa to take over driving during those times until she's capable of dealing with it better herself.

Amber, what you're saying is mostly good advice, but I don't think OP's question is simply "I don't like this thing; can my tulpa do it for me?". It seems to be more along the lines of "I feel unable to drive safely sometimes; could my tulpa help me drive more safely?" She seems to be asking this not out of a desire for escapism but with her own safety in mind. I do agree that OP should learn to deal with and eliminate her issue with getting too distracted/stressed/emotional to drive safely; however, in the meantime, if her tulpa is capable of driving more safely than her in such situations, then it could actually be safer for her tulpa to take over driving during those times until she's capable of dealing with it better herself.

Yes, I wasn't too clear in the original post. Most of the time, I drive just fine. I'm a defensive driver, but not overly paranoid. There are just a few instances of when I'm put into increasingly stressful situations but have to get home and there are no other body-people to take the wheel for me where I can't seem to get calm, and I'm also at a place on a road where I can't stop (like in a construction area or going over a bridge for example). In these cases, both of my tulpas are calmer than I am and try to help me to verbally calm down but I think that if one could move in for possession, it would be like instantly switching to a calmer driver (and subconsciously getting myself to calm down in a pinch when there's no other option).

My plan is to train both my tulpae in how to drive cars and the rules of the road and work with some possession all before I would actually use this on the road (and in fact, I have no desire for the use of possession other than in situations like this).

Guest amber5885

My only point is instead of taking the time to train your tulpa to do it you could use that time to train yourself to handle the stress Of te row better. A tulpa is not meant to be a crutch and if you are in a forcing state which is what you have to do to switch you are not 100% there.

So if something bad happens and bad behind the wheel can mean death then it comes back on you. Only you. Not your tulpa.

Do what you will but just understand only you are accountable for your actions and IMO, take it or leave it this is a dangerous train of thought.

Again. I cannot stress this enough. When you are switching/allowing possession you are not there. Your reflexes will not be 100% there. Your ability to perceive potential dangers on the road are not there. It's like asking if driving drunk is a good idea.

Again. I cannot stress this enough. When you are switching/allowing possession you are not there. Your reflexes will not be 100% there. Your ability to perceive potential dangers on the road are not there. It's like asking if driving drunk is a good idea.

That's actually only true for switching. During possession, the host is still completely present, aware, and capable of regaining control at any moment. It's completely safe.