[Question] About creating a Tulpa from Reality?

Madra

Hey guys,girls and tulpa's,

Im new to this and i'm still currently in the "planning stage" of my tulpa since the last week or more. Ive now came to a problem/worried. I was wondering is it bad to create a tulpa from existence such as someone you know or like a family member(just curious) Cause every time i think of what i want my tulpa to look like i picture real life people that i know.Im wondering is that a bad thing?cause you might get them mixed up and so on? Also i'm planning on my tulpa to be most likely a female but i was wondering would it get jealous when im with my girlfriend and so on?

Thanks.

Pros:

• It's easy to visualize someone you see pretty regularly.

Cons:

• Your tulpa might think she's meant to be a copy of someone else, and isn't allowed to be herself.
  • If the real person does something bad, you might project whatever negative feelings you have onto the tulpa as well.
  • After imposition, you might confuse the two.

Ultimately it's up to you, and it might work out for you, but I can think of more reasons for not doing it than for doing it.

Fench has never been jealous of my girlfriend. In fact, she's completely supportive of our relationship in every way. I've heard of other female tulpas encouraging their hosts to get girlfriends.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Pros:

• It's easy to visualize someone you see pretty regularly.

Cons:

• Your tulpa might think she's meant to be a copy of someone else, and isn't allowed to be herself.
  • If the real person does something bad, you might project whatever negative feelings you have onto the tulpa as well.
  • After imposition, you might confuse the two.

Ultimately it's up to you, and it might work out for you, but I can think of more reasons for not doing it than for doing it.

Fench has never been jealous of my girlfriend. In fact, she's completely supportive of our relationship in every way. I've heard of other female tulpas encouraging their hosts to get girlfriends.

Thank's. I know it would be easier and i try not to but when i try to imagine,random people keep popping into my head.

It might help to pick a person you don't know to be a model for your tulpa. As long as you never know anything about them, none of that stuff applies. CyberD, for example, picked a boy from a magazine ad for his tulpa's model.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

I think that modeling your tulpa after physical people is fine - so long as you don't actually know them in person, as sushi said. I know plenty of people who did that.

Modeling your tulpa after a person you know (either dead or alive) poses a number of problems, the most prominent ones being confusion and imposed expectancies on your tulpa. Also, last thing you want to have is to think you're with two (physical) friends, ask one of them something and have the other ask you why you're talking to empty space. Really, it just doesn't sound healthy to me.

If you can visualize decently, you could also use several reference images and put them together in your mind to visualize your tulpa as someone completely different. Sort of frankenstein-y without the cliche horror aspect. In fact, you could even do that with the faces of people you know, since the end result would be an unfamiliar face.

I think that modeling your tulpa after physical people is fine - so long as you don't actually know them in person, as sushi said. I know plenty of people who did that.

Modeling your tulpa after a person you know (either dead or alive) poses a number of problems, the most prominent ones being confusion and imposed expectancies on your tulpa. Also, last thing you want to have is to think you're with two (physical) friends, ask one of them something and have the other ask you why you're talking to empty space. Really, it just doesn't sound healthy to me.

If you can visualize decently, you could also use several reference images and put them together in your mind to visualize your tulpa as someone completely different. Sort of frankenstein-y without the cliche horror aspect. In fact, you could even do that with the faces of people you know, since the end result would be an unfamiliar face.

Yeah i might try and look for a model online or from magazines to be a guidelines towards my tulpa. Thank's for the answer's :)

last thing you want to have is to think you're with two (physical) friends, ask one of them something and have the other ask you why you're talking to empty space. Really, it just doesn't sound healthy to me.

I really doubt this could happen, how could you forget that the one by your side is your tulpa? Even if they looked exactly like the one of your friends is like being friends with twins and knowing that you are going to meet with John but then suddenly calling him Jake, why? You know this one is John, even if you were hanging out with the two at the same time you could still differentiate them by clothes, body language or form of speak, and with a tulpa it would be even more easy because you know the one other people are interacting with is the physical one, of course you will first need to forget which one is which and I don't think that could happen.

I really want to remark on this since OP could easily be scared off by the notion that at one point he may not be able to know what is "real" (physical) and what is a thoughtform, this won't happen Madra, even if you get to the point that your tulpa is fully imposed on all the senses you will always be aware that it is your tulpa and all the implications of that (other people can't see him, he can't interact with the world, etc).

Although I do agree that basing a tulpa on a person you know it's probably not a good idea, but only because you could start confusing your feelings for this person with your feelings for your tulpa or viceversa if you have a fight or something (feelings are tricky, even if you know that your tulpa didn't have anything to do with it you may still resent the fact that they remind you of this person, or something), or it could trigger an unnecessary crisis of identity on him/her, they may feel like they need to behave like this person to please you or many other problems that can be avoided just by using some other model.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice