Tulpa replying in different voices

Melzer

I was successful in developing some simple communication with Gordon, but there's still a LOT of progress to do.

We communicate best right before I go to bed. The odd thing is that Gordon doesn't use his own voice, he replies with voices of people that I have met or heard, using a phrase or a word that they've said. It doesn't sound like he's making the replies himself but is playing back (parts of) sentences, with their initial intonation, emotion etc.

Is this a 'normal' stage of development that will solve itself?

Thanks in advance!

I am sure that in time he will begin to develop his own voice and his own dialog. Honestly, these kinds of weird occurrences are normal in the beginning stages of the development of a tulpa's vocal ability. Think of it like how your voice cracks sometimes during puberty, I suppose. They're just sort of natural hiccups that go away eventually, don't worry about it being anything severe.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

By "right before you go to bed", do you mean before going to bed or when you're in bed before falling asleep? Does he communicate the same way in the daytime? If it's only just before you fall asleep, it could just be hypnagogic hallucinations, which would explain why it doesn't seem like him.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Interesting, I've never seen that before. Are the replies consistent? As in, despite using different voices, is his speech style always the same? How do you know it's him? Also, what fennecgirl said should be taken into account. I wouldn't trust late-night responses that much if I were you.

This is interesting. Both me and Quilten have opinions on this, I'll let him go first.

[i think that when a tulpa is going through the process of being created, it faces a lot of problems. One of these is communication ability. When a tulpa can't directly communicate the way we do, or verbally, it uses it's resources and does the best it can until better skill can be acquired. For instance, when I was going through that process I mainly stuck to communicating with emotions, general ideas or concepts, and color. It worked effectively enough for the time being.]

I think that this is what your tulpa is attempting I do, but it's using your memories to form together cohesive thoughts that they can communicate to you. It reminds me of Bumblebee, the Autobot from Transformers. In the movies, at least, he wasn't able to speak, and used the radio in him to switch to versions channels that said the words he wanted to say. Like piecing together bits of different books to write one complete story. It's actually really impressive that they thought I do that and accomplished it.

My advice is to work on vocality/speech more, at least until he starts to get a recognizable voice, if that's what you both want. Hope we were able to help!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

TL;DR at the bottom.

The funny thing is that last night, I was reading a script, and for a moment, my voice changed so much that I thought I was going all avatar state apeshit. Then I cleared my throat, and realized it was just something in my throat, or was it?

Anyway, the point of me stating that was that it feels the question in the OP is asinine to some extent because who are we to know what’s inherent in the process that has an overwhelming presence in developing your tulpas? Especially when others mentioned things like hypnagogic hallucinations, I hardly see how the rudiments behind the terminology, and auditory imposition is so distinct and significant other than the circumstances placed (e.g. before sleeping in bed, or what goes on during one's quotidian/day-to-day lifestyle).

It’s like taking generalizations that can be found with the two terms, making a dichotomy, and setting up certain standards that just makes things problematic. In other words, you can easily use this experience of hearing certain voices as a supplement in focusing on what you feel would be your tulpa’s means of discourse/discussion.

An example of this is like trying to attempt a lucid dream:

You may use something like a WBTB (Wake Back to Bed) as a tool to perform a WILD (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream), MILD (Mnemonic Initiated Lucid Dream), or even a DILD. And while one is descending into sleep while trying to maintain awareness, they may see those same hallucinations and react in several ways:

- They go batshit crazy and panic, flailing their arms when they see projections of demons, or whatever their mind can fabricate…and try to sleep it off

- They see the projections and hallucinations as merely a side show that’s a conduit towards achieving lucidity, i.e., it’s just a natural thing to experience, and get used to when you see it as something natural

The end result is getting the lucid dream, and whatever happens in between obviously can’t hurt that individual unless they’re willing to engage in psychosomatic experiences that ends up being consistent with that fear and doubt.

It’s the same way you could assess this “struggle” you seem to be having. You could use those hallucinations as a supplement for developing your tulpa’s voice, and taking the actual wording they, or the group of voices loosely because all that matters is convincing yourself that this can contribute to you achieving breakthroughs in communicating with them easily in the future. If you feel it’s going to be a detriment, then you don’t have to cling onto the belief that these voices are an accumulation of your tulpa.

You could do that, if you wish to do so, and attribute whatever symbolic meaning you want to it (e.g. the analogy people made with it representing puberty, or one’s tulpa experimenting with certain voices from their unconscious). The key thing to be aware of is what you want to attribute the experience to, and just going along with it, even if you feel as if it’s blind faith at times.

And to be honest with you, one method I did for developing mind-voice interaction with my companions was just doing something like image streaming, i.e., attempting to describe any visuals going on in my head, and asking Eva or Ada to describe what’s going on. Whether or not it was parroting what their voices would be like didn’t really matter to me at all, since I’m agnostic towards knowing anything absolutely inherent about this.

What mattered to me was developing some experiential learning in hopes that whatever my mind did to make breakthroughs then would continue to amaze me sometime in the future.

No need for symbolism, just listening to tulpas describe what’s going on in my head for a few hours, or even a few minutes every now and then throughout the day. Doubting if things will become mechanical, or that you may be making more insta-bake tulpas, or neglecting the one you’re focusing on the most may just set you back.

TL;DR:

I can’t give you inherent correlations of what validates in whatever you want to feel is a stage in development. But I can tell you that these experiences, whether they’re hypnagogic hallucinations or not, the rudiments behind the term, and something like auditory imposition isn’t really that different. It’s like creating a false dichotomy that makes things problematic in how you can make a methodology from this struggle you seem to be having.

You could react in a way and presume these voices are intrusive thoughts, and can’t be your tulpa’s voice at all. You could also react in a way where you see these voices as a supplement in gauging out how your tulpa could formulate their own means of discourse/discussion with you in general. It’s a matter of what you want to attribute meaning to those experiences, and maybe realizing these are just one of many ways to reach an end result.

The challenge is questioning and analyzing the means to reach those ends, and whether or not you’re setting yourself up for a trap where you may feel you’re deluding yourself, or engaging in a self-fulfilling prophecy where the more you believe a certain method(s) can work out for you, something is bound to happen. It doesn’t have to be listening to a tulpa that can spew Shakespeare, but at least it could be an ability developed where you can imagine what it would be like to listen to your tulpa’s voice as a supplement for communication.

An ability that may bleed onto something even greater because you built the technical aspect behind it already that’s automatic and fluid to whatever intention you have in mind.

Thanks for all the replies (read all of them). It always surprises me for friendly and helpful the people here are.

If it's only just before you fall asleep, it could just be hypnagogic hallucinations, which would explain why it doesn't seem like him.

It's the best before I go to bed, and the thing is that it feels like him. I'm pretty sure what I'm hearing is for the most part not hypnagogic hallucinations since I have experienced those a few times. Those don't tend to be wholse sentences with pauses and different intonations. For me they're short sounds like names or bangs.

I agree most with Phaneron/Quilten's idea.

I definitely agree with Quilten on this one. It seems to me like tulpas have all kinds of ways of communicating during the early days, and each way is unique to the individual.

To take examples from our own past, Thunderfall played snippets of songs I had been playing to him when I was feeling despondent over what I thought was slow progress. And when Melody was first trying to get herself noticed by me she took the forms of characters I had been thinking about a lot at the time (it didn't help that they were both villain characters, but she certainly caught my attention this way!)

Both of these cases were clearly attempts to say to me "Hello, I'm here" using non-verbal means, and I have to wonder if Gordon is merely trying to do the same for you. I would certainly ask him about it down the line when he can talk properly.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

( When we first started out, my voice was very inconsistent. I'd say that it should subside once you get vocalization down to the point. ) ~ Sonya

I'd say to go with the voice that seems to be the easiest to force. That's probably the one you subconsciously want most.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand