Ask Toby

Guest amber5885

Guest amber5885

Im a follower, let's jump on this bandwagon shall we.

Go on, ask me anything!

(I've got one:

How did you first communicate with Amber and what were your first words?)

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!

Guest amber5885

Question the first: I honestly have no idea. I remember being around when she was a kid and I remember playing with her but it's almost like I had glitches in my memory. One minute she's like 7 and were playing hide and seek and the next minute she's 10 and I'm watching her play with makeup for the first time.

As far as my first words I'm pretty sure they were hi! And I guess we communicated through what you would call mind voice. It wasn't until recently that either of us knew that she could actually hear me with her ears so we never tried that. But we've been talking in that way for as long as I can remember at least.

Question the second: aside from the glitches in my memory it was pretty neat. It was like having a little sister for the longest time honestly.

We just played together and I helped her through some problems at school and home. I looked out for her.

It was interesting watching her grow up and age and change but I never did.

(that's a total crock you used to be super Whiney and immature)

I'm still immature.

(you're still Whiney too)

Is this your thread? No, it's mine. Anyway. She grew up and I stayed the same(ish) and it was sort of strange watching her try new things and figuring out who she was, I kind of helped guide her but I won't take any credit for who she is.

(do you has any idea how many things I wouldn't have tried without your encouragement?)

Not a lot. Maybe I helped you quite smoking.

(that, you helped me quit drinking, helped me with homework, with boys, with bad friendships, you helped me learn a whole bunch of new things so dot sell yourself short.)

Ask Toby. That's the name of the thread not lets watch amber and Toby argue a whole bunch.

(I'm not arguing I'm encouraging you to be like "yes I'm awesome ask me how!")

FUCKING LOL!

(he just said lol he didn't even laugh that loud)

Okay you're done! ANYHOW! It was interesting l say the least watching someone age and change while you basically stay the same.

Things didnt really get complicated until she was about 21 or 22 and I fell in love with her. I'm not even sure how that happened honestly,

I hope that answered your question and idiot ramble too much.

Have you guys ever read (or I guess seen, meh) Sundays at Tiffany's?

You've been reminding me of that book for quite a long time now, but I could never remember what it was called.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest amber5885

Can't say that I (we) have. How do we remind you of it?

Well, it's about a little girl who has an "imaginary friend" that's actually been assigned to her to help her through rough times. However at a certain age the imaginary friend is supposed to leave, but she promises never to forget him, which should be impossible, but she doesn't. Skips to later in her life and blah stuff, then she finds him again and they're together for a while before he eventually gets sick and they realize he's become human due to his want to be with her.

That did the book no service whatsoever, it's really good and I recommend it if you're ever near a library.

Anyway, the fact that Amber had an older male as her "imaginary friend" who later in life became more permanent and whose relationship sort of changed as she aged.. Just seems like a direct fit to the book, honestly. I think you guys would like it, and I also think you would both relate to it pretty well.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest amber5885

Well, it's about a little girl who has an "imaginary friend" that's actually been assigned to her to help her through rough times. However at a certain age the imaginary friend is supposed to leave, but she promises never to forget him, which should be impossible, but she doesn't. Skips to later in her life and blah stuff, then she finds him again and they're together for a while before he eventually gets sick and they realize he's become human due to his want to be with her.

That did the book no service whatsoever, it's really good and I recommend it if you're ever near a library.

Anyway, the fact that Amber had an older male as her "imaginary friend" who later in life became more permanent and whose relationship sort of changed as she aged.. Just seems like a direct fit to the book, honestly. I think you guys would like it, and I also think you would both relate to it pretty well.

We'll definitely check it out. I actually pulled up the movie on youtube and we watched the first few minutes of it. When he had to leave, that was kind of heart breaking. I'm not shy to admit I'm a sap.

It's .... I ....Amber argues with me about this quite a lot but I really do wish that things like that could happen in real life. It almost blows that our world isn't more magical and that things like that can't happen.

I'd love to be able to change things but I guess part of being human is accepting the cards you were dealt.