Announcing Community Meetings

Rasznir

As some of you may have noticed, for a little while the Tulpa.info community has started to become somewhat stagnant, without much happening to push things forward, improve the community, try and make things better overall, etc. In addition to this, the staff team is a shadow of what it once was, with only two forum moderators as well as only two or three active chat moderators on any given day.

We've been planning something for a couple of weeks now--we intended to announce it much sooner but I was sick for a week or so and another staff member was inactive for a few weeks--which we hope to be the way forward for Tulpa.info and its community. The plan is to host community meetings every week, on an agreed day, at an agreed time, at which both staff and community members can converse on how to move things forward week-by-week, discussing things like current issues in the community, recent and upcoming changes, suggestions for changes, suggestions for topics to be discussed at the following meeting, etc.

These meetings will take place on IRC (Rizon) in the #tulpa.design channel but a comprehensive summary of each meeting will be posted in its own thread once the meeting is over, initiating a thread of discussion on the forums for those who can't make it to an IRC meeting. Ideally, a day and time for the next meeting will be soft-decided (not absolutely set in stone) at the closing of each meeting, but the forum thread will also allow any issues with the day/time to be worked out as the next meeting approaches.

As it happens, the very first meeting is going to be held today, starting at around 19:00 (7pm) GMT. We hope to kick things off by answering any questions you might have about the meetings themselves, followed by the announcement and discussion of a new appeals process for users who wish to appeal moderator action taken against them (warnings, bans, etc). After this, we'll be discussing the current state of the staff team and solutions to the fact that, at times, there simply aren't any staff around to watch and deal with things.

Following this, we'll take suggestions for topics of discussion and, if there's enough time, discuss some of these at today's meeting. Other topics of importance can be pushed back to the next meeting so don't worry too much about fitting things in today. After the meeting, we'll be creating a thread summarizing the outcome of the meeting and opening up the discussion on what needs to be brought up next week.

Once again, today's meeting will be in #tulpa.design at 7pm GMT (2 hours from now), so make sure to come along if you'd to participate and help shape the community for the better moving forward. Also feel free if you have any questions or suggestions to post in this thread, however, the main discussion of these will be happening in the meeting itself.

EDIT: The summary thread for the first meeting is now up and can be found at https://community.tulpa.info/thread-december-3-2015.

I attended this lovely meeting, and while asking a question regarding the nature of the meeting (as to whether it is the place to discuss moderation) and how I could be alleviated of my ban which your OP mentioned, I was viciously kicked by a mod. I don't think I will be attending it in the future.

Could I have an explanation of this, or could you answer my question in this thread?

today's meeting will be in #tulpa.design at 7pm GMT (2 hours from now)

Okay... Thanks for the advance warning...

That's a bit early for me. I'm gonna need to know well in advance if I have to wake up early for it.

(Before anyone checks my local time and asks, I'm 50% nocturnal right now. I woke up at 3 PM today.)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

If the meeting is how to improve the chat room environment, instead of being about the forum, I really don't see that I need to input much. I popped into the meeting and everyone was talking about more moderation against "shit posting." The same old stuff. I hope the meetings bear fruit, but I will just stick with avoiding the chat rooms completely.

With all the complaining about off topic shit posting, I half-joking suggested they should just eliminate tulpa.lounge and just have tulpa.info and keep the chat closed unless there is an active mean ass moderator present. The chat should be on topic only. That would solve all of the issues with off topic shit posting and attention seeking (in theory).

The same solution was offered for the Lounge here in fact by someone once (can't remember who). But do you realize how boring and dead the chat and forum gets without a lounge and off topic conversations? It would be cut down to a Guide and an FAQ and PRs and almost nothing else.

"Submit your tulpa creation related questions and a tulpa creation technical support technician will contact you shortly. Your tulpa is important to us. If your questions is about forcing and visualization, press one. If your question is about signs of sentience, press two. " I think that is what some people want actually.

Someone in the meeting said "I think we all know what shit posting is." I would disagree with that statement. I think one person's shit posting is another persons socializing fun and tulpa talk. I have been fighting this battle for seven months. You can have one of two things, leave a bit of fun mixed in, or disallow socializing and fun and have a totally dead chat and forum with very few active members.

I think the vision of an active and super sober scientific forum on the internet, that is also open to any and all to join easily and for free, is a total fantasy. To keep getting frustrated that super science isn't happening is even dumber. More mean ass moderation and heavier rules will only kill things completely. It requires a complete re-visioning that takes into account some semblance of reality.

Melian and I will do our my part by staying out of the chat rooms and remain in the forum only. Still, I note the fact that when we left the chat, that did not magically solve the apparent problems there. People are still complaining.

Honestly I'm just hoping that the dudes who only hang around the chat don't break anythink for the people that only hang around the forum.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Agreed.

Also, I would add, not every piece of writing has to be a damned doctoral thesis on tulpamancy to bring insights and revelations.