Hello There, Guest! Register

My new adventures with Chrysalis
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: My new adventures with Chrysalis
3/12/2017

Despite being tired it was a very interesting day.

My FB friend got one of those "walk-in" tulpas, I guess they're called... apparently he felt comfortable making his presence more known after all the chats with Chrysalis. Also turns out he's a believer in the metaphysical side of the tulpa phenomenon. That's where things got even more interesting...

Chrysalis started actually debating with my friend's tulpa. She is starting to say longer sentences because of this. It was surreal as I relayed her replies, they were very much how I would argue about such things, but with different word choices. "A lot of what he was saying didn't make any sense." Yeah, he was justifying his existence with extra-dimensional nonsense, basically saying he was an external entity. "Whatever makes him happy I guess, lol." As you can see Chrys has no problem accepting the fact she's someone I created myself. We never got into character backstory kind of stuff since it would be pretty useless knowing the truth. I'm also happy to know she's a fellow rational-minded skeptic. Her arguments are actually well-constructed for her age. "I learned from the best." Aw, thanks.

3/13/2017

Another great day. We went for a long walk around the woods since the weather is changing. I got to speak to her out loud this time instead of just mindvoice.

It's getting easier to hold on to her image while my eyes are open. I could see her move so naturally, looking around, looking at me, smiling here and there, sometimes mouth moving when she talks, some spontaneous expressions... her presence was there the whole time we walked. In fact, I felt she was with me all day.

In the wonderland we hung out in the archives room and I got to help her with one of her models. It was some kind of twin-boom aircraft.

Headaches and pressures are decreasing a bit every day, but I dont really need them anymore to know we're making good progress.

DeviantArt FurAffinity YouTube1 YouTube2 YouTube3
Tulpa name: Chrysalis
Form: Queen Chrysalis character from MLP with minor alterations
DOB: 03/24/2013
Stage: Minor vocal
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2017, 06:03 AM by Stingray.)
03-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Website Find Reply

Sponsors:
Valhal.la

Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

3/14/2017 - 3/22/2017

For three days straight Chrysalis felt really distant. No emotional responses, no vocality, nothing but her image in my mind as I tried visualized her. I'm not sure why that happened, and she won't tell me, but it scared me. I thought I might've been doing something wrong. Instead of going crazy with doubt and stuff though I just kept on doing what I usually did and the following days were pretty much back to normal.

I'm having less trouble re-immersing myself in the wonderland every time I have to open my eyes to check something. I can even sort of picture the wonderland with them open for brief moments.

Her birthday is coming up on the 24th and we're both very excited because I have really cool stuff planned for her... wonderland adventures and whatnot.

03-24-2017, 02:14 AM
Website Find Reply
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 27
All Accounts Posts: 2,072

Hmm, well good things are back on track though.

Hey Chrysalis, if you help, or even take over your visualisation, that can help with the host's doubts a lot. Or just become more proactive in general, such as popping in midday.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
03-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Find Reply
Solus Offline
Pseudo-solace in Solitude
Registered

Threads: 0

Hi.

I think you made the right decision to keep yourself calm, despite her seemingly disappearing for a short while. I'm sure it was difficult to overcome your worry, but, if everything seems to be back to normal, perhaps there's no real reason to worry? I'm not sure if you meant she wouldn't tell you as in she chose not to disclose the reason why, or she didn't even know, but maybe you could try to compare those three days where she went missing to days when her presence felt strongest. Or, you know, it might be best to just forget about it entirely, and move on. I guess it would depend on how well you think you could handle that. If it seems like you would end up overthinking things in the midst of trying to figure out what could have gone wrong, you're probably better off disregarding it.

On an unrelated note, how do you prepare to enter your wonderland, if at all? How immersed in your imagination are you on an average night? The drawings of Chrysalis and you are really dope; I'm just wondering how much focus it takes to be able to visualize all of that. Image-streaming might be a useful tool if you're looking for more clarity w/ your mind's eye; it's worked for some.
03-24-2017, 03:00 AM
Find Reply
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

(03-24-2017, 02:35 AM)tulpa001 Wrote: Hey Chrysalis, if you help, or even take over your visualisation, that can help with the host's doubts a lot. Or just become more proactive in general, such as popping in midday.

"Hi!! Smile Thanks for the advice, I will try. I often stand next to him throughout the day he is on the computer working. Sometimes he forgets to focus on me but I'm still there."

(03-24-2017, 03:00 AM)Solus Wrote: I'm not sure if you meant she wouldn't tell you as in she chose not to disclose the reason why, or she didn't even know, but maybe you could try to compare those three days where she went missing to days when her presence felt strongest.

"I think we were both just tired, I don't really know."

Yeah it was just a weird thing that happened and I'm moving on from it, I just felt it was noteworthy in case others having the same problem happened to read this PR.

(03-24-2017, 03:00 AM)Solus Wrote: On an unrelated note, how do you prepare to enter your wonderland, if at all? How immersed in your imagination are you on an average night? The drawings of Chrysalis and you are really dope; I'm just wondering how much focus it takes to be able to visualize all of that. Image-streaming might be a useful tool if you're looking for more clarity w/ your mind's eye; it's worked for some.

I have a naturally active and detailed imagination so it doesn't take much effort or preparation. I just close my eyes and I wait a minute or so, like a computer loading a game environment, then I'm there. When we travel through the ship or Albatross City there are times when the environment ahead also has to render before actually going there, but once it's there it's pretty jammed with detail. It helps that Chrys has a creative mind herself and often helps me with creating the environment we travel. Sometimes we use music, like 80's synth kind of stuff or pink noise.

There are times when it's about as immersive as a standard daydream, but others I've actually experienced mild sensations in; touch, taste, temperature, smell, etc. These mostly occur on our trips to Albatross since we always end up getting food and it constantly rains there.

I've heard of image-streaming, and I might try it someday, thanks for the suggestion. For now though we're okay with what we're doing so far.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017, 06:14 AM by Stingray.)
03-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Website Find Reply
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

3/23/2017

Nothing noteworthy to report but we're excited for Chrysalis's birthday tomorrow. I have great plans set up for us.

3/24/2017

Yay, it's her special day finally! She officially turns four. Quite a mature four-year-old, I must say, lol.

On our walk around the neighborhood it started raining. She loves the rain and was actually hoping it would happen, so she was really happy when it did. It was cute watching her jump around in the puddles.

During our night session we went to the bridge of the Dreamscape where we had a party for her. All the crew (I guess you call them NPCs?) were gathered around and we all sang her happy birthday and had cake. But it got better as I had an epic gift for her.

We warped to a planet that I intended to give to her. Yes, I gave her an entire earth-type planet. Seemed fair since she gave me a whole city for my birthday. We took a shuttle down and explored a tropical island rich with dense jungles and sandy beaches. She was bursting with joy, telling me how much she loved it and kept giving me hugs. Her positive energy was so strong I was ready for my chest to explode. Certain other adventures along the way brought us a lot closer than usual and now I don't think anything could break this bond again.

Oh, and she decided to name the planet Miranda.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2017, 06:59 AM by Stingray.)
03-26-2017, 06:58 AM
Website Find Reply
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

Oh man, I've been so busy I haven't been keeping up on reports lately. Not much to report, but there has been some very minor progress. I'd like it if life could lighten up a bit so I could give this as much as I could when I started doing this again. At least she understands the situation and is very patient with me. Those good days will come again soon, I promise her. I'm going to buy her a ton of music and models from that mall on Albatross as soon as we start wonderlanding again. That and give her a million more hugs and kisses than I do already.

04-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Website Find Reply
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

6/12/2017

Finally a new report.

Everything since the last report has pretty much been the same, mostly passive forcing while I do stuff, talking to her as often as possible, going on walks, the occasional lewd stuff, etc. She still seems very happy in life and understands that we can't wonderland as often as before since I get so tired.

Visual imposition is coming along slowly but we're making progress. If only I can hang on to her image long enough.

I've been procrastinating on possession stuff, so not much progress there.

Her responses are a lot clearer, though the sound of her voice still fluctuates.

As I was going to sleep she made a vocal sound next to me that startled me. It was like a loud sigh. It was as if I really heard someone with my own ears, it was that clear. I asked her if it was her and she said it was. Though since then her voice has been fluctuating again, but she still insists that wasn't a usual hallucination before one goes to sleep, it was really her.

We're going to have to get around to settling on a specific voice for her, because the constant changes aren't helping the process of eliminating doubt.

06-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Website Find Reply
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 27
All Accounts Posts: 2,072

I have a suggestion for an exercise for visual imposition.

Try to do nothing. After the visual imposition starts, actively try to not do anything but relax. The imposition might fade, or it might stick around. See how long it can last.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
06-15-2017, 06:41 AM
Find Reply
Stingray Offline
& Chrysalis
Registered

(06-15-2017, 06:41 AM)tulpa001 Wrote: I have a suggestion for an exercise for visual imposition.

Try to do nothing. After the visual imposition starts, actively try to not do anything but relax. The imposition might fade, or it might stick around. See how long it can last.

Well, apparently this works. I've been focusing too much effort on trying to see her... just relaxing and letting stuff happen yielded better results, as in our last wonderland adventure her image stayed in focus longer and clearer than I expected. Gonna see what happens with actual imposition into reality (I have a feeling I'm going to get really good results since my mind's eye already draws out her ghost-like silhouette without much difficulty).

6/19/2017

Finally a good wonderland adventure!

We went to planet Miranda at night and hung out at the tropical beaches. We talked and walked around the small island masses nearby that were connected by rope bridges. We used a one-hour loop of night-time ocean sounds for ambiance, which worked amazingly well. We actually stayed longer than the usual 30 minutes (I think it was a little under an hour). I was really immersed... I could feel the grains of sand in my hands, I could feel the wind, the surroundings were almost photo-realistic. The starry sky was so beautiful as well, plus the edge of another planet on the horizon. We wondered if we were ever going to be able to explore all of those alien worlds in our lifetime. Keeping Tulpa001's advice in mind for visual imposition, I tried it with this session first as an experiment. She actually stayed in focus longer and clearer than before, much to my surprise.

As we did some personality work, we walked down this one bridge back to the mainland where our shuttle was landed and headed for an outdoor bar and grill. I thought for fun to change it into the beach cantina from the Billy Ocean "Loverboy" music video. People nearby were dancing to some music. Chrysalis changed the music to "Star Tracks" by Rygar - because of course she would change it to that, lol - then started dancing too. Suddenly she went apeshit and started spinning around in the air like a tornado. So unsure of what was happening I joked to the nearby employee "she'll have a hydrogen atom." She stopped and laughed with me. It didn't make much sense, but we both thought it was funny at the time for some reason.

We then walked out to the small island masses again, crossing another bridge. I had a test in mind while we crossed: I gave her some math problems. The first few were things I could do in my head, but the last one was more difficult. 8 x 8 (yes, my math is that bad, I can't figure that one out unless I write it down). She answered 74.

"Hang on a sec..." I retreated back to reality and checked the math on google. The answer was actually 64. I went back to the wonderland and told her the answer was 64, off by ten. I was still proud and we agreed it was close enough for a harder problem she did all on her own. With other problems that were easier the answers would sometimes pop in my head before she could answer.

We should do that parallel processing test we found on DeviantArt again.

The last major thing I remember was us having a debate over our favorite Star Trek series'. Yeah, she kinda pulled me into the franchise, lol. Voyager is officially my favorite. She likes that one too, especially season 4 onward, but Next Generation is still her favorite. I explained that TNG was a good show with a good cast, but I felt I could take Voyager more seriously. I liked the writing, the characters seemed more realistic than the Enterprise crew, and the overall scenario of trying to get back to earth was a great idea. I like grittier stories of human struggles and survival. Plus a lot of other reasons, but I wont turn this PR into a review. Needless to say she agreed with some of my support for the underdog of the franchise, but also made her arguments for why TNG was better. All we could do was agree to disagree, but it was a fun little nerd-out.

Not much happened after that, we just went to sleep after an episode of Voyager.

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 11:11 PM by Stingray.)
06-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Website Find Reply