Pranayama: Shared Breathe Meditation

TulpaFox

Question

This is a submission to tips and tricks.

Intro: Forcing can be difficult, we all want to make our tulpa(s) a little more vivid each and every day. I , like many others have had problems sustaining consistent progress. I unfortunately, have adhd , and even though eve is very much "there" when I focus on her, I find it difficult to begin focusing on her in the first place. To work on this i try to keep a meditation regiment, and when I manage it the benefits are tremendous. This lead to a realization, I needed to figure out a way I could work on Eve while meditating. Specifically i wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's presence. Thus, this exercise was created to fill these ever present needs.

The Technique:

Step 1. Lay down, or sit somewhere comfortable. Some people fret about posture and suggest you sit with your palms straightened, and utilize the mudras(body positions) and asanas(hand positions) of yoga. I think such things are optional, but can be beneficial, they are more something to look into once you are already a frequent meditator. I find I just like to be comfortable yet not tired, so I lay/sit how I feel and don't perform this technique while I'm tired, unless I'm ok with possibly doing more sleeping than practicing.

Step 2. Once comfy, but alert you are ready to begin the Pranayama (prana=breathe/life force yama=control). Don't fret the fancy title, its simple when you get down to it. Breathe slowly (but at a comfortable pace you can sustain) in through your nose. Make sure to breathe with your stomach/diaphragm, let your lungs expand and get as much air as they comfortably can. Then breathe out through your mouth, and repeat. Focus on the sensation of this breathe the air coming in and out, let your breathe and the sensations of it be the focus object. Continue until breathe slows down and you begin feeling calm and focused.

Step 3. Keep meditating, by now you should be in the zone and peaceful. If distracting thoughts are preventing this, so not fret, simply pay them no need and continue focusing on the breathe. Without stopping what you are doing as described in step 2 (as much as possible at least), visualize your tulpa laying/sitting in front of you. Picture that air you are breathing as blue energy( or any colour you feel appropriate), this symbolizes your life energy. You can believe whatever you want about it(purely symbolic, representative of a mental conception, metaphysical), but that is what it is intended to represent. Now have your tulpa get close and as you exhale it, see them inhale the coloured energy through their nose. Then as you inhale imagine that they are exhaling this energy and you are breathing it back in. This should mentally look like a loop, like you are circulating the same "energy" through each others respiratory systems. One breathes out while the other breathes in. Continue for as long as desired. Cuddling and affection is fine here, but keep the breathing the main focus for optimal results. You want to continue entering that tranquil focused state as the session goes on.

I find this technique allows me to meditate effectively while also strengthening Eva's presence and vividness, and to get a little visualization practice in on the side. To me, the symbology represents the sharing of life that the host offers to their tulpa, through their directing of mental energy to the tulpa.

Interesting. A few months ago, I began incorporating realistic breathing into our daydreams. It seems to excite my host more than anything else.

Would be interesting to see how this works for others.

There are two other meditation guides on the forum.

I should note that shared breathing is part of a shared tantric meditation already. Phase one is you try to sync your breathing. Phase two is you alternate your breathing. You hold the position for a really long time.

grammar:

sit with too it?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Interesting. A few months ago, I began incorporating realistic breathing into our daydreams. It seems to excite my host more than anything else.

Would be interesting to see how this works for others.

There are two other meditation guides on the forum.

I should note that shared breathing is part of a shared tantric meditation already. Phase one is you try to sync your breathing. Phase two is you alternate your breathing. You hold the position for a really long time.

grammar:

sit with too it?

Fixed the grammar. Will it get approved you think?

First off, the proper plural of tulpa is "tulpas". I know a certain GAT member whom that will really bother.

Aside from that, there are quite a lot of punctuation and grammar issues here that bother me, and it would be great to see them fixed. If you care to have a complete list, I'd be happy to make it for you.

As for the content itself, it doesn't offer much in the way of a meditation guide, as there are already such guides which are more specific and expansive. It feels a little too simplified; "breathe in and breathe out, and it will work", essentially. The tulpa-related part of the meditation is based exclusively on symbolism, which is usually not ideal, but I suppose I could see how it might allow the tulpa to feel more present for some people.

Overall, not particularly useful as a meditation guide (and it would be very easy to find good meditation resources), the symbolism is a little iffy, but it may or may not be a useful tip for some people. I guess I'm on the fence.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Edited once more, got a bit more specific about the meditation. Though I feel like basic Pranayama is simply focusing on sensation of breathe, it can get more complicated certainly, but I do not feel that it has to be.

Things that aren't tulpa-related such as meditation go in resources. This one does try to involve tulpas in the process, so an argument could be made that it is tips and tricks material. But I'll treat this as a meditation aid rather than a tulpa forcing aid right now, because it seems like it fits. You're of course free to disagree and point out why you think it would fit better somewhere else.

Some quick typo/grammar fixes as you have a few. In some places commas are kinda optional and you either have them or don't, but I'm not pointing them out unless they're a part of some bigger issue.

>I , like many others have had problems sustaining consistent progress.

>I, like many others, have had problems…

>I unfortunately, have adhd , and even though eve…

>I unfortunately have ADHD (comma would work here too) and even though Eve…

>To work on this i try to keep…

>To work on this I try to keep…

>Specifically i wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's presence…

>Specifically I wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's (is she Eve or Eva? You're using both, might want to correct it to the right one) presence…

>Lay down, or sit somewhere comfortable.

>Lie down… (You can lay down a book or you can lay eggs, but we lie down on the floor or the bed or the couch or whatever. English!)

>so I lay/sit how I feel…

>so I lie/sit how I feel like…

>Once comfy, but alert you are ready to begin the Pranayama

>Once comfy, but alert, you are ready…

>its simple when you get down to it.

>it's simple when you get down to it.

>let your breathe and the sensations of it be the focus object.

>let your breath and the sensations…

>Continue until breathe slows down and you begin feeling calm and focused.

>Continue until breathing slows down and…

>so not fret

>do not fret

>visualize your tulpa laying/sitting in front of you…

>visualize your tulpa lying/sitting…

Might want to take a look at your parenthesis, make sure that there's a space before them (like this), not(like this) and delete the odd spaces inside them ( the ones that are like this).

Other suggestion, some paragraph breaks between the steps. Right now they're becoming kind of a wall of text that can be difficult to read for some, but some empty space between your steps will fix that right up.

Title should be "shared breathing meditation", though "shared breath meditation" could work too.

In step 1, there is a lot of "I do this" kind of text. It's not bothering me a lot because you do state what you want to say, but guides should be you telling others how they should be doing things rather than what "you" did, if that makes sense. It's a minor thing but it's a good thing to keep in mind when you write guides.

Step 3… Well, step 2 honestly is the pranayama exercise already – as far as I can tell, I'm not big into meditation but that's what quick searching has taught me – so step 3 could be seen as a completely optional extra step, which can have symbolism. I would suggest you to first rephrase it in a way that is non-symbolic, like "exhale and let the tulpa inhale the air through their nose, which they then exhale and you inhale through your nose, like a loop of air" or something like that. Word it better, though! After that you could introduce your colored air/lifeforce symbolism as something people could add to the exercise. That way you have both an exercise without the symbolism and a version with the symbolism, so you can help people who don't and do use symbolism.

We have some meditation stuff already in the resources section, but none of them have this particular breathing exercise in them. If this actually has been submitted before and someone finds that, do let us know so we can consider if this offers enough new material. I could see this being approved despite its simplicity as this is pretty much the basics of the exercise, but I want the typos to be fixed and I do suggest that you consider the other parts about rewording some things for a better guide.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Okay, come on guys. Yeah, I missed the large number of punctuation errors. But meditation goes in the tips and tricks section, not resources, along with all the other meditation guides.

The breathe -> the breath. or the breathing.

Edit: sands, you have an error in your correction. Once was the correct word.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Things that aren't tulpa-related such as meditation go in resources. This one does try to involve tulpas in the process, so an argument could be made that it is tips and tricks material. But I'll treat this as a meditation aid rather than a tulpa forcing aid right now, because it seems like it fits. You're of course free to disagree and point out why you think it would fit better somewhere else.

Some quick typo/grammar fixes as you have a few. In some places commas are kinda optional and you either have them or don't, but I'm not pointing them out unless they're a part of some bigger issue.

>I , like many others have had problems sustaining consistent progress.

>I, like many others, have had problems…

>I unfortunately, have adhd , and even though eve…

>I unfortunately have ADHD (comma would work here too) and even though Eve…

>To work on this i try to keep…

>To work on this I try to keep…

>Specifically i wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's presence…

>Specifically I wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's (is she Eve or Eva? You're using both, might want to correct it to the right one) presence…

>Lay down, or sit somewhere comfortable.

>Lie down… (You can lay down a book or you can lay eggs, but we lie down on the floor or the bed or the couch or whatever. English!)

>so I lay/sit how I feel…

>so I lie/sit how I feel like…

>Once comfy, but alert you are ready to begin the Pranayama

>One comfy, but alert, you are ready…

>its simple when you get down to it.

>it's simple when you get down to it.

>let your breathe and the sensations of it be the focus object.

>let your breath and the sensations…

>Continue until breathe slows down and you begin feeling calm and focused.

>Continue until breathing slows down and…

>so not fret

>do not fret

>visualize your tulpa laying/sitting in front of you…

>visualize your tulpa lying/sitting…

Might want to take a look at your parenthesis, make sure that there's a space before them (like this), not(like this) and delete the odd spaces inside them ( the ones that are like this).

Other suggestion, some paragraph breaks between the steps. Right now they're becoming kind of a wall of text that can be difficult to read for some, but some empty space between your steps will fix that right up.

Title should be "shared breathing meditation", though "shared breath meditation" could work too.

In step 1, there is a lot of "I do this" kind of text. It's not bothering me a lot because you do state what you want to say, but guides should be you telling others how they should be doing things rather than what "you" did, if that makes sense. It's a minor thing but it's a good thing to keep in mind when you write guides.

Step 3… Well, step 2 honestly is the pranayama exercise already – as far as I can tell, I'm not big into meditation but that's what quick searching has taught me – so step 3 could be seen as a completely optional extra step, which can have symbolism. I would suggest you to first rephrase it in a way that is non-symbolic, like "exhale and let the tulpa inhale the air through their nose, which they then exhale and you inhale through your nose, like a loop of air" or something like that. Word it better, though! After that you could introduce your colored air/lifeforce symbolism as something people could add to the exercise. That way you have both an exercise without the symbolism and a version with the symbolism, so you can help people who don't and do use symbolism.

We have some meditation stuff already in the resources section, but none of them have this particular breathing exercise in them. If this actually has been submitted before and someone finds that, do let us know so we can consider if this offers enough new material. I could see this being approved despite its simplicity as this is pretty much the basics of the exercise, but I want the typos to be fixed and I do suggest that you consider the other parts about rewording some things for a better guide.

Ok I will make those changes, I am typing on a tablet so its a pain. As far as step 3 being optional, that I don't agree with. The only reason it's something new at all is the novel combination of pranayama and the tulpa being present. This excercise is basicallywhat has worked the best for me, it tends to work better for me than other types of forcing for increasing Eve's physical imposition and presence. Without that step, there really is no technique. It's neither just forcing or just meditation on my opinion. As it involves your tulpa being present. With that in mind, I will put some edits down regarding the fact that you can be in your wonderland for the exercise.

Okay, come on guys. Yeah, I missed the large number of punctuation errors. But meditation goes in the tips and tricks section, not resources, along with all the other meditation guides.

The breathe -> the breath. or the breathing.

Edit: sands, you have an error in your correction. Once was the correct word.

it's meant to be the breathe because it's referring to that breathe occurring in a singular moment. That one I will keep like that, even if it's grammatically wonky it gets the intention across better.

[hidden]This is a submission to tips and tricks.

Intro: Forcing can be difficult, we all want to make our tulpa(s) a little more vivid each and every day. I , like many others have had problems sustaining consistent progress. I unfortunately, have adhd , and even though eve is very much "there" when I focus on her, I find it difficult to begin focusing on her in the first place. To work on this i try to keep a meditation regiment, and when I manage it the benefits are tremendous. This lead to a realization, I needed to figure out a way I could work on Eve while meditating. Specifically i wanted to gain the capacity to focus better while increasing Eva's presence. Thus, this exercise was created to fill these ever present needs.

The Technique:

Step 1. Lay down, or sit somewhere comfortable. Some people fret about posture and suggest you sit with your palms straightened, and utilize the mudras(body positions) and asanas(hand positions) of yoga. I think such things are optional, but can be beneficial, they are more something to look into once you are already a frequent meditator. I find I just like to be comfortable yet not tired, so I lay/sit how I feel and don't perform this technique while I'm tired, unless I'm ok with possibly doing more sleeping than practicing.

Step 2. Once comfy, but alert you are ready to begin the Pranayama (prana=breath/life force yama=control). Don't fret the fancy title, its simple when you get down to it. Breathe slowly (but at a comfortable pace you can sustain) in through your nose. Make sure to breathe with your stomach/diaphragm, let your lungs expand and get as much air as they comfortably can. Then breathe out through your mouth, and repeat. Focus on the sensation of this breath the air coming in and out, let your breath and the sensations of it be the focus object. Continue until breath slows down and you begin feeling calm and focused.

Step 3. Keep meditating, by now you should be in the zone and peaceful. If distracting thoughts are preventing this, so not fret, simply pay them no need and continue focusing on the breath. Without stopping what you are doing as described in step 2 (as much as possible at least), visualize your tulpa laying/sitting in front of you. Picture that air you are breathing as blue energy( or any colour you feel appropriate), this symbolizes your life energy. You can believe whatever you want about it(purely symbolic, representative of a mental conception, metaphysical), but that is what it is intended to represent. Now have your tulpa get close and as you exhale it, see them inhale the coloured energy through their nose. Then as you inhale imagine that they are exhaling this energy and you are breathing it back in. This should mentally look like a loop, like you are circulating the same "energy" through each others respiratory systems. One breathes out while the other breathes in. Continue for as long as desired. Cuddling and affection is fine here, but keep the breathing the main focus for optimal results. You want to continue entering that tranquil focused state as the session goes on.

I find this technique allows me to meditate effectively while also strengthening Eva's presence and vividness, and to get a little visualization practice in on the side. To me, the symbology represents the sharing of life that the host offers to their tulpa, through their directing of mental energy to the tulpa.[/hidden]

copy/paste this, you can make it "Continue until breathing slows down" if you want

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas