[Game] Breaking Point

Lumanatrix

Hello! I'd like to try a new game that may be a little more complex than the other ones in this forum. Keep in mind that this game is NOT a roleplaying game, it is a strategy game of sorts. The following story describes how the game looks.

Five people sit around a table. Only one of them will make it out of this room alive. A gun is handed to a random person. Joe receives the gun, and is given the choice whether to shoot someone where everybody can see him, or from the shadows so that nobody knows where he is pointing his gun, but regardless, he has to shoot someone. It's the rules of the game. There's always the chance that his gun might not be loaded.

"Shoot the girl to your left. Do it where we can see you." Says Joe's partner, Tom.

Joe hesitates. He decides that he should shoot Tom instead, because taking Tom out would also take away the risk that Tom would turn on him later. He aims the gun at Tom. Everyone stares as he pulls the trigger. The gun clicks, but no shot fires. Tom starts laughing.

A few rounds later, Tom randomly receives the gun. He smiles and then shoots Joe. This time, the gun is loaded. Joe is eliminated from the game.

Now, I will explain the rules.

The game begins when five people opt to join.

A round starts when the majority of players opt for it to start.

When a round starts, a random player receives the gun, and the random player will be announced.

The random player who received the gun decides how long to wait until they shoot.

The random player who received the gun decides if they want to shoot their chosen person in public (post their decision in this thread) or in private (PM me their decision.)

The gun has a 75% chance of firing, and a 25% chance of not being loaded.

If the gun fires, their target will be eliminated from the game, and their death will be announced. The eliminated person will no longer receive the gun.

After the trigger is pulled, that round is over, and the remaining players opt when to start the next one.

When there are two players left, the dead players will vote on who lives and who dies.

The last person standing wins.

This will be used by me to make the randomness of the game: http://decidermachine.com/

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll opt in. Is there a way I could play with Luxi as well, and if one of us loses, we both lose? If not, it'll just be me.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I'll opt in. Is there a way I could play with Luxi as well, and if one of us loses, we both lose? If not, it'll just be me.

Yeah we could try that. Three players left to opt in.

Oh, just count us as one player and not two, 'cause we'll play as a team.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Oh, just count us as one player and not two, 'cause we'll play as a team.

Alright, four players left to opt in then.

I changed the end game rule. Before, it was a coin toss of who would win and lose when there were two players left. Now, when there are two left, the dead players will vote on who lives and who dies. I think it adds more strategy.

• 1 year later...

Was that really necessary?

I could run this game if people wanted to play. It's an interesting idea, I'm sad I never got to see it play out.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc