There is literally no difference between a tulpa and a servitor

RaveCrazedDave

Now that I think about it, why do people make the distinction, when a tulpa is simply a servitor tasked with running a personality? It doesn't even make sense to separate them at all, since they're the same thing. Where did this distinction come from?

Oh how weird. You could ask as well, what is the difference between a jar and it's contents?

Or what is the difference between a person and a computer program? I think it is true. There is no difference between a person and a computer program. They each have heuristics they use to compute decisions, then algorithms that are used to execute those decisions. the heuristics are called preferences and the algorithms are called skills and knowledge.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

oh you robot you, next you're going to tell me a human is just a natural biological computer that came together through the (stuff the-) theory of evolution (-implies) and natural selection, and that there's no real reason to differentiate humans from computers.

I mean you wouldn't technically be wrong in some sense but again, your perspective is a human's, not a computer's or something. Humans think on a macro-scale, so for our intents and purposes (for everyday life, not talkin about bio scientists here) we treat humans as "humans" and not really advanced computers.

same thing with a tulpa versus a servitor, saying your tulpa is a servitor tasked with running a personality is like saying your baby is a biological computer following the rules its DNA laid out for it. Like SURE I GUESS but that's just not a human perspective, man

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The difference is that a tulpa is sentient and self-aware while a servitor is not.

A tulpa has free-will while a servitor does not and follows programming.

A servitor can have a simulated shallow personality, while a tulpa has a genuine free-thinking personality.

It's like the difference between AI and a human.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

The difference is that a tulpa is sentient and self-aware while a servitor is not.

A tulpa has free-will while a servitor does not and follows programming.

A servitor can have a simulated shallow personality, while a tulpa has a genuine free-thinking personality.

It's like the difference between AI and a human.

The difference between what people call "artificial intelligence" and human intelligence is that one is more capable than the other; there really aren't any arbitrary barriers you can use (that we know of) that would separate an "artificial" brain, from a "real" brain. I see no reason why a part of a servitors job couldn't be being sentient, for example, whatever actions sentience implies. Does it imply self-preservation? A servitor could do that, there's nothing illogical about defense mechanisms. Is it desire? A servitor desires what it was made to desire; what it was made to do, else it wouldn't pursue it. And if we go through google's definition of sentience, which is

able to perceive or feel things.

Then servitors have to be sentient by definition, since they do need senses, else they wouldn't be able to do their job, since a job is a transformation, and to transform, something has to be there already, and for something to be there already, the servitor has got to have the ability to perceive that thing.

& I was just bored too :o

You could theorize that a Tulpa is a servitor running a mimic of a persona and from face value that seems like a legitimate possibility.

You could argue the human consciousness is merely a computer type system. In fact, it's the only real system that makes sense. Your DNA, "gut brain", subconcious and unconscious all run on algorithms. Mathematical events. Even Elon Musk and others believe this entire reality is a simulation because it's all mathematics.

So in a way you could link human consciousness to a base container (servitor) linked to many other types of servitors that do mathematical calculations and follow systems which eventually make up the "consciousness".

Heck I found that if I treat my brain like a computer, it's a hell of a lot easier to program. Most of my self development systems are based off of this concept because it simply works.

In fact, you could even call humans artificial intelligence. Why? We create AI with technology. Well, we are already playing with genetics. It's far out there but imagine an alien species mastered DNA and how to mold it. You could create an organism with DNA (mathematical codes in biological form) and bam you have the potential to create a new life that is a mimic of intelligence.

What intelligence would be the original? Well, whatever created all of this. All this life. I doubt it's God if you believe in that, rather some type of entity. It had an organic consciousness and created mimics of its intelligence.

You could go so far into theory and nonsense you'd get lost and confuse yourself. Heck I wouldn't doubt if my post contains counter-facts already.

You could call Tulpa's servitors with the task of sentience, but either way even if it is it's still far more advanced than a normal servitor thus evolved into something more. Something called a "Tulpa".

Think of this. Biohumanism or transhumanism.

You take a base human and modify the crap out of it with technological enhancements.

Could you still call this super-human, machine-like entity a human? No, not really. It's brain is enhanced beyond normal human potential, the body is built with exo skeletons and other body enhancing mods. Skin that can be knife and bullet proof. All these crazy things. It's not human.

You take a base servitor and add so much to it with thought-form enhancements.

Could you still call this enhanced "servitor" a serviror? No. It's enhanced beyond the level of a servitor. Sure maybe the servitor is the "base" much like "human" is the base for the above example, and things are just added to it.

But, tulpas and servitors are created differently. Could tulpas be servitors for a brief period in their creation? Sure, don't see why not. But it doesn't last long because the intent of its creation is different.

As you can see, if you contemplate that question you have to contemplate human intelligence first. If you can't analyze the depths of your own intelligence, you can't identify the depths of other intelligence seemingly equal in potential.

Whether a human is just base DNA with added functions to not make us a monkey or a dog or a pigeon, or whether a tulpa is just a base servitor with added functions to not make it a servitor, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day because there's no way to currently figure it out. If you really want to, you would have to gather big minds of today and sit down and talk about it. Contemplating this stuff without the knowledge of these greats is seemingly impossible.

[Tri] What is the difference between a servitor and a host? It is the same question. Hosts are a lot like tulpas in many ways. Hosts develop in some similar ways even (note that with hosts, forcing is the social interactions they have and what they observe very young in life). So it is almost the same question.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

That's like asking why bother having squares when we can just call them all rectangles? Or like triangles and hexagons, they're just 2 dimensional geometric shapes, why do we distinguish between them?

At a bare minimum, assuming you are in fact correct that a tulpa is functionally a servitor tasked to run a personality (I believe there's much more to them than that personally), then it's still useful to distinguish a very specific set of characteristics from a rather generic and extremely varied construct. Or to continue with the geometry example, a tulpa is a specific shape that must meet certain requirements, enough that having a set name is worthwhile rather than having to describe the characteristics every time you wish to refer to one.

How can you say they're the same thing with literally no difference between them when you mention a difference between them right in your OP? You said that tulpas are differentiated from servitors by having a personality, so why claim that there's no difference?

And where does the "simply" come from? Sounds like you're just being reductionistic. If tulpas can be described as servitors with a personality, then logically it follows that servitors can be described as tulpas without a personality. Put another way:

If T(ulpa)=S(ervitor)+P(ersonality)

Then S=T-P

Saying that tulpas are a subcategory of servitors is just one way of looking at the relationship between the two concepts; it would be as valid to say that servitors are a subcategory of tulpas. Your worldview gives preference to the former viewpoint, but to act as if it's how the world actually works is to mistake the map for the territory.

For death begins with life's first breath, 

And life begins at touch of death.