Self-Ban Request Thread

Guest Albatross_

Guest Albatross_

To keep requests for self-bans off of the Moderator Report thread.

If you want a ban to keep yourself off the forums so you can force, request it here. It won't keep you off IRC or shoutbox, but still.

These bans don't need to be reported in the Moderator Report thread.

I know that PMs can accomplish the same purpose, but I think it's better if we use a thread because that way there is a public record of it and we don't wonder why people are getting randomly banned.

I can't wait for Pleeb to return to this

I'll start. Ban me for a week.

Allow me to reiterate what I said in the previous thread. The minimum length of a ban is 1 day. If you desire to be banned for less than that, you will officially be banned for that 1 day. I will keep a tab opened, and lift the ban at the appropriate time. For example, if you only wish to be banned for 3 hours so you can go force, I will ban you for a day. However, I will lift that ban in 3 hours, give or take maybe 15 minutes if I'm busy. Worst case scenario is that I lose power, somehow lose which user requested the ban (even though it should still be in the moderator's control panel), and you will remain banned until I either recall your username or until the one day is over. Of course if I lose power then I can't lift you ban until I regain power. In addition, your ban may not be instant if I am not online. I am invisible when online as well. Therefore, your ban may be sooner or later.

I say 'I' in assumption that other mods may be hesitant to do this, since it is a bit radical. If they want to help out though, I welcome them.

ALSO

Please do NOT send your request by PM. Post it here so that a moderator can't ban you for a week and say that you requested it when you did not actually request it.

Regards,

Phi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to reiterate what I said in the previous thread. The minimum length of a ban is 1 day. If you desire to be banned for less than that, you will officially be banned for that 1 day. I will keep a tab opened, and lift the ban at the appropriate time. For example, if you only wish to be banned for 3 hours so you can go force, I will ban you for a day. However, I will lift that ban in 3 hours, give or take maybe 15 minutes if I'm busy. Worst case scenario is that I lose power, somehow lose which user requested the ban (even though it should still be in the moderator's control panel), and you will remain banned until I either recall your username or until the one day is over. Of course if I lose power then I can't lift you ban until I regain power. In addition, your ban may not be instant if I am not online. I am invisible when online as well. Therefore, your ban may be sooner or later.

I say 'I' in assumption that other mods may be hesitant to do this, since it is a bit radical. If they want to help out though, I welcome them.

ALSO

Please do NOT send your request by PM. Post it here so that a moderator can't ban you for a week and say that you requested it when you did not actually request it.

Regards,

Phi

YCNQH.png

I was expecting a riot from my decision. Instead I got this.

See you in a week, Alb.

I'm also sending in a request to Pleeb to try to figure out how to make it so you can't lurk, since you might still be tempted to do so.

If you can still lurk while banned, there really is no difference between being banned and being muted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Albatross_

Well, I'm back from my ban. And I have only good things to say.

My forum time decresed from ~4 hours a day to 0. I was on IRC for a few hours at night, but that was it. Forcing time increased by a half hour at the least, most days by an hour. It also gave me some self-control that I needed by reminding me that the most important person in this entire community is me.

I'll do it again soon, I feel certain.

• 2 months later...

This was stupid in my opinion.

This is not a particularly good thing to bump a 2 month dead thread with. I'll leave it here though because IMO more people should make use of this thread.

You in particular, Jimmy.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

Well that's actually a bad idea, a self ban. See, instead of forcing or talking about tulpa related

circlejerk

, I would probably just go and dick around on some other part of the internet that isn't tulpa related, and thus force less.

[[

Having trouble motivating yourself? Consider the following scenario:

OMG BAN ME MY TULPA DIED BECAUSE I DIDN'T GIVE THME ENOUGH ATTENTION!!!!!

*one week later*

OMG MY TULPA IS STILL DEAD BAN ME AGAIN!!!!!

*four days later*

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am writing you today because when my previous ban expired I had forgotten to ask for tips tailored to my unique case in regards to reviving my tulpa. I felt the need to create a second account despite my knowledge that this is against the rules, and humbly beg your forgiveness due to being in such a perilous situation.

You see, eleven days ago my tulpa and I were celebrating the one year anniversary of tur...

*the next day*

I HAVE THE ADVICE I NEED NOW BAN ME AGIAN!!!!!

It slowly dawns on you that the #1 complaint all tulpa have is that their host took so long to recognize and accept their existence, which started the moment you decided to make a tulpa.

Naturally, the whole situation goes in one ear and right out the other. Your young tulpa has to use all their might to inception an idea into your conscious mind, "Is my situation all that different from tulpa_lover's? Do I not lack the self-control to put the world away and force with my tulpa in like manner as this fool?"

BRB I just talked myself into forcing with Sahirah. >_>

]]

Well that's actually a bad idea, a self ban. See, instead of forcing or talking about tulpa related

circlejerk

, I would probably just go and yogurt cannon around on some other part of the internet that isn't tulpa related, and thus force less.

But then you could ask to be banned on every forum you are registered on.. And if that doesn't help, you could always delete the system32 folder ;)

Guest Albatross_

This thread is not for arguing about whether the thread is useful. It's for using it.

Either request a ban or don't post. Stop shitposting in my thread.