Hello There, Guest! Register

Spam bots, again
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
All Accounts Posts: 2,588

Spam bots, again
Quite a problem right now. Usually when they start showing up en masse like this you like update something.. or something, right? Well anyways, unless it's literally Vos and no one else getting rid of them, I'm pretty sure I've reported more spam threads (one thread per account of course) than any single mod has deleted lol.

Honestly, I wish I just had the power to deal with spammers and nothing else. I don't want to be a mod here and do all the other things mods have to do - that sort of thing is stressful for me and might actually burn me out of Tulpa.info - but it does feel a bit silly just reporting spambots and letting their threads sit there for hours. But I mean, preferably we just wouldn't have so many in the first place.

Anything that can be done about that?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
01-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Valhal.la

Apollo Offline
Sun God
Registered

Threads: 3
All Accounts Posts: 556

RE: Spam bots, again
My system would be willing to be mod and take care of stuff like that, I think we'd enjoy it. But they're probably not taking volunteers, so idk.

The Sun God of the system. DeviantArt
Lyra Piano Tacio Indigo
01-30-2018, 12:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Heckhound Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

I'd be willing to help as needed as well. I'm always on.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112
01-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
jean-luc Offline
capt@in.jean-luc.org
Registered

Threads: 51
All Accounts Posts: 649

Is there some way to block threads that start with “http”?

Host: Jean-luc (plain-colored text)
Tulpas: Snow & Henry
Choose your tulpas' colors here!
Click here if you'd like a changing avatar like mine!
Ain't that just fantitiliantastic!
I host a podcast called Tulpaudcast.
and ramble crazily about everything while walking on Jean-luc walking.
01-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 11
All Accounts Posts: 2,588

I actually have a lot of experience moderating and administrating various places (not talking Minecraft servers, here) so I get how stuff works. It's less that you're not allowed to volunteer and more that if {we} took volunteer applications, {we}'d get a lot of... people who aren't quite qualified. But seeing as I've been one of those people who's tentatively volunteered for a Staff position before and was definitely qualified, I do think a tiny bit more mediating between Staff and potential Staff is usually in order. No Staff team I'm speaking of has ever been some government-level secret society, it's really just a norm to tell people not to volunteer because it prevents a lot of headaches.

As someone who was offered modship here twice though, I'm just going to throw out there that Heckhound's posts just look like the type of person who becomes a mod in my experience. I don't necessarily mean to recommend her even, it's just an observation, it's the sort of post history I've seen a lot of times before...

But I'm not the one choosing here, so I won't say anything about Apollo's system or anyone else, just felt the need to point out the above. At the moment we have exactly two active mods and one on the most unsure-period-of-time leave I've ever seen, so, I don't know how many people in each position the administration here prefers.. But another mod in Tulpa's position can't hurt, unless you guys know he's coming back soon.

@jean-luc That seems like a rather iffy fix to me, will interfere with the occasional legitimate post and is easily circumvented by spambots. Also the answer might be no, it's not possible, lol.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
01-30-2018, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Sun God
Registered

(01-30-2018, 12:46 PM)Luminesce Wrote: it's really just a norm to tell people not to volunteer because it prevents a lot of headaches.

Yeah, I get that. Still, wanted to put it out there.

Lyra Piano Tacio Indigo
01-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Website Find Reply
Vampire Online
Comforting Darkness
Global Moderators

Threads: 5
All Accounts Posts: 333

It's been a mix of myself, Vos, and Pleeb dealing with it.

I'll take a look at some options and recommend some things to staff later today.

"My lover's got humour,
She's the giggle at a funeral,
Knows everybody's disapproval,
I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA
01-30-2018, 02:26 PM
Find Reply
Tadaki Offline
Registered

Threads: 0

Who is spamming?

Last dive into the abyss
01-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Sun God
Registered

(01-30-2018, 04:39 PM)Tadaki Wrote: Who is spamming?

Bots. Lots of them.

Lyra Piano Tacio Indigo
01-30-2018, 04:40 PM
Website Find Reply
Heckhound Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

(01-30-2018, 12:46 PM)Luminesce Wrote: As someone who was offered modship here twice though, I'm just going to throw out there that Heckhound's posts just look like the type of person who becomes a mod in my experience. I don't necessarily mean to recommend her even, it's just an observation, it's the sort of post history I've seen a lot of times before...

I appreciate the observation, Lumi.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112
01-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Find Reply