Forum upgrade Saturday (2/17) into Sunday (2/18) UTC

Pleeb

Upgrading the server, forum software, and plugins tonight at: 12:00 midnight UTC Sunday, February 18, 2018 (click link for your specific timezone).

I'm hoping everything goes smoothly, but themes have broken in the past so this may take more or less time to complete.

While I am going to shut the forums down before I get it started, updates will be posted on the IRC channel "#tulpa.mods"  You can visit our chat room by clicking the following link: tulpa.info/chat

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've finished the upgrade. Lots and lots of issues that may have been there before may be gone now, and maybe we'll get less spam bots too.

Please let us know if you find any bugs.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/65XuFFT.png that ain't right, we can't switch!

aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you can't type peoples' names to go to their profile page anymore! They all look like this! https://community.tulpa.info/member.php?action=profile&uid=10551

that makes it really hard to view the profiles of everyone else in your system 'cause every "linked accounts" thing switches accounts if you're part of the system instead of taking you to their profile (but it always did that)

edit: okay you kind of can by deleting the end part and just doing https://community.tulpa.info/member.php?reisen but it's a lot less self-explanatory, but account switcher is still ded

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I will like to add another issue. I'm not receiving the email for validation when trying to change one of my profile's email addresses. I don't know if it's a 24 hour wait thing because I used to receive the validation email in less than a minute before the update.

"Your email address has been successfully updated. For your new email address to become active, we require that you complete a validation process."

"Please check the new email address you specified for further instructions on how to complete the account activation process."

^ This is what I receive but it's been a few hours and nothing has been sent to me.

aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you can't type peoples' names to go to their profile page anymore! They all look like this! https://community.tulpa.info/member.php?action=profile&uid=10551

that makes it really hard to view the profiles of everyone else in your system 'cause every "linked accounts" thing switches accounts if you're part of the system instead of taking you to their profile (but it always did that)

edit: okay you kind of can by deleting the end part and just doing https://community.tulpa.info/member.php?reisen but it's a lot less self-explanatory, but account switcher is still ded

We're working on the account switcher issue. It seems to work in the actual MyBB theme, but not in our default modern themes (dark or light).

In the meantime, you should still be able to switch to the account by going to any topic, scrolling down to the drop-down by the reply, and switching the account that way. Hitting refresh should automatically refresh with the new account. I'll look into why the profiles aren't showing the names.

EDIT: I just added the drop-down that's on the welcome list to the header, instead of the jquery popup.

I will like to add another issue. I'm not receiving the email for validation when trying to change one of my profile's email addresses. I don't know if it's a 24 hour wait thing because I used to receive the validation email in less than a minute before the update.

"Your email address has been successfully updated. For your new email address to become active, we require that you complete a validation process."

"Please check the new email address you specified for further instructions on how to complete the account activation process."

^ This is what I receive but it's been a few hours and nothing has been sent to me.

This should be working again, sorry about that. Emails were a bit messed up. It should be working now.

Spoiler

Okay the account switcher works now! Even if it's different

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

In the meantime' date=' you should still be able to switch to the account by going to any topic, scrolling down to the drop-down by the reply, and switching the account that way. Hitting refresh should automatically refresh with the new account.[/quote']

There's another way to switch??

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

There's another way to switch??

Well, up until a few hours ago, I had this drop-down by quick reply -- see attached screenshot.

However, uh, I think it's stopped working since I put the dropdown up by the header xD

postas.thumb.png.1a5e1f79da91335065e9339415b48143.png

Spoiler

No, I mean I've only ever used the dropdown next to quick reply to switch. I see the dropdown at the top of the page on desktop now, but I don't know any other way to switch on mobile.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc