A fellow's journey

uncannyfellow

Hello! On October 1st of this year, I started active forcing my tulpa Cornelia (technically not my first tulpa, but we'll get into that later). I tend to lurk on whatever forums I use, but I wanted to get involved in this community, so I figured I may as well make one of these progress report threads.

We started possession practice a few days ago and that seems to be going reasonably well. Cornelia's been doing the walking basically wherever we go (which is scary because she's bad at turning my neck and sometimes crosses the street without looking - but I digress). For whatever reason, she can't do anything that involves strength yet. For instance, she can bend my (our?) knees in preparation for jumping, but then just sort of unbends the knees afterwards. Still, progress is happening.

Also I'm good enough at using his fingers that I can type.

(red text is Cornelia, obviously)

Since she can possess me, we've been playing Go recently! A few times, she's managed to surprise me by noticing a good move that I didn't. I also find myself second-guessing whether or not she did possess me. Sometimes I'll be so certain it wasn't her that I'll pick a piece up and wait for her to possess me, only for her to put it back.

Anyways, I'll probably post weekly updates or something. Thanks for reading!

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums!

I didn't have too much trouble moving the body, however I learned possession through my host proxying my body movements.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Helllooo fellow awesome head-type-person! Fun avatar! You guys sound pretty impressive playing Go. Have you tried less thinky games like checkers or even tic-tac-toe? We think I have been able to accidentally possess my host, but he does this weird trance-like thing when he writes so for brief moments he is.. receptive to it? I guess? Still experimenting.

Welcome to the forums!

I didn't have too much trouble moving the body, however I learned possession through my host proxying my body movements.

We kinda do that? Uncanny will be like "this is how you walk!" while walking and then I'll try to copy his movements.

Doesn't work for talking.

Helllooo fellow awesome head-type-person! Fun avatar! You guys sound pretty impressive playing Go. Have you tried less thinky games like checkers or even tic-tac-toe? We think I have been able to accidentally possess my host, but he does this weird trance-like thing when he writes so for brief moments he is.. receptive to it? I guess? Still experimenting.

Early in the forcing process we'd play mind tic-tac-toe until i could cats game every time. but there was a go board in the room and I refuse to settle for anything but the most refined strategy games :p

Anyways today while uncanny was doing all-day-awareness training I walked into a fashion outlet! (that was closed -uncannyfellow) I'm already torming him with my autonomy!

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

Well, it's been a nice week! Cornelia's managed to possess my mouth (she talks too fast and too quiet, but obviously we can work on that ). Twice, I've had a dream where I've woken up and been switched. Cornelia insists that they weren't dreams, which, truth be told, makes more sense than me having a dream about waking up in my bed. I asked her to do a reality check the next time it happened (techniques lucid dreamers use to tell if they're dreaming or not), and it obnoxiously hasn't happened again since then.

Anyways, while Cornelia has managed to make good moves in Go without me being aware of her thought process, she's never managed to beat me. This is despite the fact that she can read my thought process and I usually play with a handicap. So, I guess my goal for now is to get her sapience up, which probably has to precede switching. Given that I've had trouble finding guides on this, I assume the solution is just to force more. That's fine and dandy and all, but I've ran into the rather strange stumbling block that Cornelia doesn't like it when I do active forcing.

Two things of note: Cornelia seems pretty good (though not great) at mindvoicing me whenever something catches her attention, and since she's possessing me whenever we walk pretty much anywhere, I'm focusing on her for a good portion of the day. Second is that Cornelia doesn't like active forcing because she'd usually rather be doing something else, i.e. while I'm in wonderland, she'll remind me that we could be playing possession Go, or that we could be reading a book while she tells me her thoughts.

Nonetheless, I can't help but think that active forcing is good for her. She seems to think that's not the case, so... would a tulpa know best? I suppose it's cruel to make her do something she doesn't like, but not much crueler than a parent making a kid eat her veggies.

On the other hand, if Cornelia is fine with no active forcing, I suppose I could bring Honoka (my other tulpa) out of stasis. She liked being in the wonderland very much, and most of the things Cornelia and I do together would probably bore her. As a result, it would be easy enough to give them both the individual attention they need. (I have asked Cornelia if this is okay and she seems to like but not love the idea).

We are

I never active-forced my oldest tulpa, though I didn't know what he was at the time. He turned out fine, imo, but his skillset is a little different than the average tulpa. His vocality is off the charts, since he basically existed as a voice in my head: however, he's pretty awkward in wonderland compared to my other tulpa. In a kind of "What do I do with my hands???" situation, he doesn't know what he's supposed to do with a form. It's not his favorite thing. If you want visualize Cornelia vividly, you might want to find a way to practice it, where she's not bored. Otherwise... I think it's fine to just passive-force. Gavin turned out all right.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Guest Reilyn-Alley

So unless I'm mistaken.. "active forcing" is anything you do together with and/or for your headmates. Like, that's all you are doing. You two playing Go is active forcing. You two sitting there working on what she looks like or other stuff together is active forcing. Er, right?

Active is concentrating on them, passive can be as simple as thinking about them while doing whatever, but not interacting.

I might be using those terms wrong? What I mean by active forcing is actually sitting down and visualizing my wonderland and tulpa, usually while talking to my tulpa or exploring the wonderland with them. Is that more restrictive than how most people use that term? Anyways, that's what Cornelia doesn't like.

We are

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Right now, Lance and I both suck at visualization and apparently I don't have that great of an imagination either, so our wonderland times are usually brief, blurry and.. uh.. bereft of most things. Still, it's fun but we spend most of our time chatting with each other or him letting me loose on here to stretch and grow. Our recent accidental run-in with *looks at the tulpa.io terms* Uhh.. blending, co-fronting: posession or eclipsing (it's gotta be one of those words) seems to have brought us closer and I think opened up new things we can experiment with. It's fun!

I'm sure Lance would give you a clearer answer and descriptive paragraphs upon paragraphs of theory. I'm trying to save you from that. :P