Quantum's Nametag method

Quantum

Question

There aren't many guides on the forums about making the initial connection with your tulpa. This can be a time of great stress for many, and it seems odd to me that there aren't more guides out there.

I'm really bad at forcing. Both with keeping a schedule, and with staying focused. So I went about 3 months without much serious progress with communication. Then I thought of this, and told Eris to try it.

It worked literally overnight.

It works this way: I never think of myself by name. Ever. It doesnt happen. But I usually address Eris by name when I talk to her. I'll think "Hey Eris, blablabla" or "Eris, look at th-blabla."

I told her, quite simply, to address me by name when trying to tell me something. I have a pretty serious case of ADD, so I constantly have a barrage of thoughts running through my head. It wouldn't be difficult for her thoughts to simply get lost or drowned out in the mix.

But if she tags a thought with my name, it would stick out to me.

The very next day, I was derping around in Art class, starting a new bit of work without enough time left in class to really get far on it.

Somewhere in the whirlwind of my mind, something thought, "Noah, we don't have time to start this now." It was most definetely her.

This is my method for helping start initial communication. After she said that, I sort of 'traced' where the thought came from, and currently we are working on strengthening the whole system.

I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem I did.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Very helpful idea. But I have a question. What if the tulpa doesn't have a name? Would that even affect this, as it is based on the creator/host/tulpamancer's name?

Also

derping around

definetely

For shame.

Guest kingfisher

Very helpful idea. But I have a question. What if the tulpa doesn't have a name? Would that even affect this, as it is based on the creator/host/tulpamancer's name?

How about giving each other titles or nicknames?

Guest kingfisher

Well, then I think it could still work without the tulpa having a name yet. The main purpose is for the host to be able to recognize the tulpa's message amidst a sea of intrusive thoughts, correct? If that is so, then having only the tulpa call the host by name would be sufficient.

If that is so, then having only the tulpa call the host by name would be sufficient.

You've got the right idea actually.

It shouldnt matter if the tulpa has a name or title, as the host should theoretically be able to direct thoughts their way.

This method is for hosts to be able to pick out a tulpa's thoughts from their own if their head is as messy as mine.

The idea comes from my experiences on the IRC. It came to me that the only surefire way to get someone to hear you on a busy chatroom is to ping them by typing their full name. Most clients will highlight the message if it's marked like that. And most people don't think of themselves by name, so the method works on the same principle.

Wow, this makes it a whole lot easier to communicate; she rarely calls me by my name so her thoughts stick out a lot more.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

I'll try this is a few hours and get back to you. Your guide has earned a bookmark my friend

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.