Hello There, Guest! Register

Q&A Moderation
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 10

RE: Dealing with Spam/Adbots
I have a feeling Purlox only wanted that hidden research board so he can talk about something dangerously meta without people laughing at him. I don't think a person who isn't comfortable with doing their research and having others watch should be anywhere near doing that research. At least have some faith in what you're doing or you're the wrong man for the job.

Also yeah that general whatever-y is totally off-topic. Not tulpa-related. Just like lucid dreaming isn't tulpa-related unelss you can bring something tulpa into it, in which case it goes in the boards we already have about tuppers.

Watch out about fragmenting those boards too much. Unused boards don't look good and it just ends up being a confusing mess. And you bet things will be posted in wrong boards.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
10-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Valhal.la

Kiahdaj Offline
Sans presence
Registered

Threads: 31

Theories is the only of those boards that I am in support of.
Let's be honest here; doesn't it seem a bit stupid to split a board that is rarely used, into 5 different boards? I mean come on. Let's be real.

I guess the non-tulpa-related scientific discussion board is okay. I just don't think it's necessary.
Theories would be neat though. Although I'm pretty sure the way in which I'd use it may cause extreme doubt in others. So.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 12:32 AM by Kiahdaj.)
10-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Find Reply
Yori Offline
Registered

Threads: 22

Derp, I realize that moderators are users with power. The term for people that can delete threads is "moderator." Do you mind? Merging threads, does it add that thread's replies after the thread it's being merged to? Sounds cool.

And, it doesn't jade members who actually chose to answer. As for your implication that this forum would become mostly a wiki of answering questions, dismissed. A complete exaggeration.. and assumes that the rate would increase for some reason.
10-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
Derp Offline
Has Hat
Registered

Threads: 14

Sands, Kiahdaj, what I had quoted was from a while back and isn't in the works quite yet. It will be discussed further and there will be some newer input in it. Don't worry though, there will be some changes occurring soon, and I think you both will appreciate them.

(10-20-2013, 01:05 AM)Yori Wrote: Merging threads, does it add that thread's replies after the thread it's being merged to? Sounds cool.

Yes.

(10-20-2013, 01:05 AM)Yori Wrote: And, it doesn't jade members who actually chose to answer.

I can only work off what I've experienced, Yori.
10-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Find Reply
Yori Offline
Registered

Ok, so what you're saying is that we must hide the new threads from their view by merging them with old threads (or some other method) because even people who are jaded by answering them will still answer them if they see them.

Uh, wow. I don't think they're -that- worth considering. I guess it doesn't hurt, but it could've gone fine either way. If they had to learn self-control, I would still be able to sleep at night. Would feel 0 guilt.
10-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Find Reply
Nobillis Offline
a tulpa & Kevin a human
Registered

Threads: 14

(10-19-2013, 05:10 PM)waffles Wrote: And hey, it's not like the "new suggested way of handling previously answered questions" just appeared by itself. There are reasons given for it in its own thread, which I suggest you read as well.

Indeed it did have it's own thread: Q&A Moderation. Yes, I made a mistake (not posting there). I will fix that now.
Discussion of Q&A Moderation from Dealing with Spam/Adbots merged with Q&A Moderation thread, as obliquely suggested by waffles.
See also: "new suggested way of handling previously answered questions".

(Post merged from Dealing with Spam/Adbots thread.)

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 04:51 AM by Nobillis.)
10-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Ashmo Offline
and Bud
Registered

Threads: 1

(10-20-2013, 03:00 AM)Yori Wrote: Ok, so what you're saying is that we must hide the new threads from their view by merging them with old threads (or some other method) because even people who are jaded by answering them will still answer them if they see them.

Thread merging isn't done to "hide" anything, it's to get all information on one subject into the same thread so it's easier to find. And yes, it actually does make it easier to find if you use the search functions on the site.
10-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Website Find Reply
Yori Offline
Registered

RE: Q&A Moderation
In this case it was presented as a solution for the annoyance of questions that were already asked tho. Was only talking about it in context of this thread.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 05:52 AM by Yori.)
10-20-2013, 05:52 AM
Find Reply
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 10

Yes, it is a good solution to annoyance and it makes it easier for everyone in the future, for those who actually use the search function. Not sure how you missed that part as it's obvious, but considering you don't seem to think making tulpas is about using your own brain...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
10-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
Yori Offline
Registered

(10-20-2013, 08:52 AM)Sands Wrote: Yes, it is a good solution to annoyance and it makes it easier for everyone in the future, for those who actually use the search function. Not sure how you missed that part as it's obvious, but considering you don't seem to think making tulpas is about using your own brain...

I don't see where I missed anything. You're saying "Yes" to what I said, acknowledging that I had uttered it myself, so how could I possibly have missed it? Idk if you're just messing around or if there's something up with your processes but every time you respond to me, somehow things get twisted up. And, I know that you make tulpa using your brain. You can't use someone else's. "About" would be the wrong word though. Making tulpa is a process doing many things.

(10-19-2013, 11:59 PM)Sands Wrote: I have a feeling Purlox only wanted that hidden research board so he can talk about something dangerously meta without people laughing at him. I don't think a person who isn't comfortable with doing their research and having others watch should be anywhere near doing that research. At least have some faith in what you're doing or you're the wrong man for the job.

There's a difference between avoiding people laughing at you and you yourself also not having faith in what you're doing.

Imagine an informal psychological research board where users can do their mini projects that don't have to be peer-review worthy and have comments on them, but someone wants a hidden thread because from what they observe, a tulpa research topic would be ridiculed there. Imagine someone sniffing this out and saying that they don't think someone who doesn't want to do research and have others (really, just that forum, not others period, because at places like here, it would be fine) watching should be anywhere near that research; that they need to h ave some faith in what they're doing.

Now, this person could be very wrong in implying that they don't already have plenty of faith in what they are doing. They could even have a very developed tulpa of their own. But /there/, that person may be uncomfortable doing it in the open simply because of the type of audience /there/. There doesn't have to be anything wrong with the way he's doing research itself.

Conclusion/TL;DR:
It isn't always true that if you are embarrassed to do something in front of particular group of people (inc. research), that there must be something wrong with how you're doing it (not having faith, doing it wrong, etc) or what you are researching. Imagine someone... for lack of a better example (this has nothing to do with research) being afraid to come out with something that should be fine, to their family. Some family members like to point out to them that if it wasn't "bad", they wouldn't be afraid to present themselves to them. Not true; it implies that the family (or in this case, people on the board) are automatically right in their reactions or thoughts.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM by Yori.)
10-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Find Reply