Strengthening bonds with your tulpa again?

Hornets

Man it's been a while. Haven't been on this forum for ages.

Anyhow, as of recent I haven't really been communicating with my tulpas that often anymore. Our bonds seem really week. Like as I'm talking to them, their voice tends to meld with my mindvoice. This always tends to happen to me when I don't talk to them as much.

I can barely see them either anymore. I'm semi decent at imposition but it's slowly getting weaker. And I'm kind of getting worried at this point.

So, does anyone have any advice for strengthening your bond with your tulpa again?

(just as an extra note, I've had tulpas for over a year now)

Well as you say, these things happen after you've gone a significant amount of time without talking to them, or visualizing (I gather). So the obvious solution to me is to do those things more, right?

Unfortunately there is a not a magic button that sends your progress to where it once was--like all skills, they can diminish with time, and it requires the same effort to restore them as it did to build them. Luckily, I'm sure restoring will not take nearly as long as it did to build them in the first place.

So my simple advice that I could give to most hosts is: force. And keep it up, because you don't want to end up going backwards again.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Hm, yeah you have a point. I've always neglected to force because I either don't have the time or I get frustrated.

Restoring won't take much time of course. But I'm still going to attempt to restore the bonds I once had with them through forcing.

If you are lacking in time, I think a smart thing to do would be to be realistic about how much time you do have. Forcing for a long period inconsistently, I think, is not as good as forcing for a reasonable amount of time regularly. If you try to set a minimum for forcing time, you may often neglect doing it on the basis that you don't have room to fit it into your schedule. I would advise not to think along those kinds of terms, and simply force when you can.

One good method I've heard tossed around is forcing in 10 minute sessions, several times a day. It's not hard to fit 10 minutes of forcing between responsibilities and life (and it is not boring or frustrating to do so), but it can be to find an hour to sit down and dedicate to forcing.

Just find what you can commit to.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Hm, yeah you have a point. I've always neglected to force because I either don't have the time or I get frustrated.

Restoring won't take much time of course. But I'm still going to attempt to restore the bonds I once had with them through forcing.

Perhaps say "Good Morning!" every day. That won't crimp your time too much.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I really love how simple this is. And Nobillis is right, it won't crimp your time. You could also do little things like that through out the day, "Oh wow, what did you think of that?" "I'm bored, are you guys?" "What movie/tv show should we watch?"

Little things like that have seemed to REALLY help Bud.

You can also try doing some passive forcing throughout the day. Let's say you're at school, since I saw that you were busy with that in a different thread. If you're passing through the halls, or busy waiting on rides, or you just happen to have a quiet moment to yourself, just do some passive narration about what's going on, how your day is going. It helps to keep things active.

My Gaming Channel

Tulpa: Vinyl

Stage: A bit of everything, primarily right now imposition.

Appearance: Pony (originally styled similar to the MLPFiM art style, but lately has been shifting to a more anime-ish appearance)

If you are lacking in time, I think a smart thing to do would be to be realistic about how much time you do have. Forcing for a long period inconsistently, I think, is not as good as forcing for a reasonable amount of time regularly. If you try to set a minimum for forcing time, you may often neglect doing it on the basis that you don't have room to fit it into your schedule. I would advise not to think along those kinds of terms, and simply force when you can.

One good method I've heard tossed around is forcing in 10 minute sessions, several times a day. It's not hard to fit 10 minutes of forcing between responsibilities and life (and it is not boring or frustrating to do so), but it can be to find an hour to sit down and dedicate to forcing.

Just find what you can commit to.

Forcing for long periods of time is really hard for me to do, I just can't lie still for that long. Usually, when I do it, I force for ~20-30 minutes at a time (I need to get into a certain mind state). But no, it's not hard to dedicate 10 minutes at all. I'm always on my computer during the weekends, so maybe I could just sit back, close my eyes, and force for a little (I pass out every single time I lie down).

This is perfect, and so simple too. It's something I've been doing consistently for the past few days and I love it!

You can also try doing some passive forcing throughout the day. Let's say you're at school, since I saw that you were busy with that in a different thread. If you're passing through the halls, or busy waiting on rides, or you just happen to have a quiet moment to yourself, just do some passive narration about what's going on, how your day is going. It helps to keep things active.

Yeah this is what I used to do a lot. Usually when I'm in class I'll just talk to my tulpas when I have the time. Or a few of them walk next to me when I'm in the halls or whatever. It started happening once again as soon as I paid attention to my tulpas for the first time in a while (it usually just happens automatically).