Dismissal or dissolution of a tulpa

In beginning my investigation, I keep seeing warnings of lifelong commitment and responsibility. But if a tulpa is created in our minds, why couldn't we dissolve them as well?

The general message in starter guides is that you cannot undo the creation of a tulpa, but this seems counterintuitive to me. If humans have the power to create something, do we not also have the power to uncreate it?

While I imagine it would take just as much work to reprogram ones mind as it does to program it initially, I have a hard time believing it is impossible.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm mostly trying to understand the mechanics behind tulpa existence, not the morality of destroying a sentient creation.

Yeah, whatever starter guides you’ve been reading that states it’s improbable, or impossible for dissipating a tulpa, you just take them with a grain of salt. It’s kind of hard to format an answer to you without explaining why those “starter guides” declare such things without analyzing the morality they’re stuffing down people’s throats.

I guess they just don’t want people to be those ones that lose the novelty of their tulpa faster than Kim Kardashian’s relationships. Because those people go in ups and downs, and possibly being insatiable in finding the ideal form for their tulpas when they could let the form settle in over time, and not make a big deal out of it. Honestly, it’s not really that hard to not acknowledge the existence of a tulpa if one feels overwhelmed by the long-term commitment and responsibility.

Some people utilize symbolic means such as putting their tulpas in a stasis. This could be used a temporary cop out while the host manages their lives, gets their priorities straightened out, and maybe develop experiential learning to the point where if they go back to tulpa development, they see things in a new light. To me, tulpa creation isn’t really a 1-2-3 process that has to be fulfilled to completion in one go. Sometimes, you may want to focus on it for a few months, maybe take a year off, casually have the concept in your mind every now and then, and then going back into it. Some people claimed to have a tulpa after taking time off, and maybe it could be that time off allows the mind to do whatever to make the experience more real to the host.

But if you really have the desire to not desire their existence, and you don’t want to sustain a self-fulfilling prophecy of their existence, chances are they aren’t going to be anywhere in your perception of reality. Maybe your memories of them might be intact, and maybe if you make another tulpa, parts of the one you created before could be sublimated to the new one. But again, the patterns aren’t always predictable and the same.

But about reprogramming, building habits, and such, in theory it would probably take a bit more than usual to change your overall routine, but it can be done. Not that I want to devalue the existence of tulpa, but the ontology (e.g. makeup, self-schema) of a tulpa wouldn’t really be the same as our physiological and psychological aspects (e.g. our body and means of learning).

Most any change you make in your brain this way can be undone. However, some changes will be easier to undo than do, while others will be harder. A weak or early tulpa would probably fade after a bit of no attention. But a really well established tulpa can be incredibly difficult to kill unless they decide they want to leave.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Most any change you make in your brain this way can be undone. However, some changes will be easier to undo than do, while others will be harder. A weak or early tulpa would probably fade after a bit of no attention. But a really well established tulpa can be incredibly difficult to kill unless they decide they want to leave.

Yeah, I agree with Chupi on this one. Once a tulpa becomes independent and self-sustaining they no longer need your participation to live (though, it is kind of nice to have someone be with you).

Can a tulpa be un-made? Yes, there are ways as described in the Tibetan tulpa making-methods. It is not a easy thing.

I'd suggest you read Pleebs lecture on that and similar topics.

It's kind of sad you are already thinking of dissipating your tulpa if you make one. I'd recommend that you don't make one

: it would be very unfair to the tulpa. How would you feel, knowing the only person you can talk to is already planning your demise? It doesn't sound a nice existence to me - I'd hate it! In all probability, faced with life like that, I'd refuse to ever talk. Tulpas do get to choose if they want to stay with their human you know. Some people make me wonder if humans have any empathy at all.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I think its less getting rid of it, and more forgetting. If you loose a pen, the pen is not gone, but its forgotten.

Name: Rose

Birth: 9/9/11

Form: Human, brown long hair, blue eyes.

Working on: Visualization and Sentience