Am I the only one who misses Flexionsensor? I am also skeptical...

Cinemaphobe

I used to read Flexionsensor's PR all of the time before I made my profile, because I was extremely interested in his persistence towards creating his tulpa. But then a year passed, and he still hadn't heard a single word from his tulpa despite his efforts.

I always thought "What if this guy just can't make a tulpa? What will he do if he gives up?" He wasn't the type who would give up so easily, because after all, he dedicated a year of his time in the middle of college and other schooling to create Kat.

So I kept reading his PR, and he was becoming more inactive, probably because he was losing hope, and then he very unenthusiastically claimed to have finally heard full sentences from Kat. I don't get it. If you spend an entire year getting no responses from your tulpa, and then you start to hear your tulpa speak to you in sentences, how could you possibly be calm about that? His posts about his personal life were actually more enthusiastic than his post about Kat's first words, which he never posted.Then later on, he casually stated that he is able to have full conversations with Kat, posts what Kat says, and then leaves Tulpa.info.

That is extremely suspicious. I think that maybe he just gave up and said that he succeeded creating Kat in order to escape the responsibility of his PR, because he didn't hang around Tulpa.info to help other people after her creation, and he did mention that he was extremely busy with school and college so he wouldn't be able to update his PR as much.

I don't know. The spontaneous Flexionsensor wasn't the type of guy who would speak of his accomplishments without a thousand exclamation marks, and in his final days on Tulpa.info, he was... unusually dull.

This subject means a lot to me, because he was so damn determined to make a tulpa. He didn't really get any morale boosts along the way, no reasons to think "I'm getting one step closer" but he never gave up. If he really succeeded, then his story is extremely inspirational, because he had no reason to go on, and he had no reason to believe that tulpae existed. But if he didn't succeed, and he gave up, then his story would be extremely depressing, because it would make people like me, who think that they would have the same difficulties as he did, doubt whether they would be able to persevere as he did.

What do you guys think? Do you think that he really succeeded? Do you think that he lied in order to bail from his PR? Do you know who the hell I am talking about? I'm curious, because if he succeeded, then he should have stayed around to help people who need help staying determined! people like me.

I don't need help staying determined anymore, but I used to be that one skeptical guy who was just too skeptical to let a tulpa into their heart.

"Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative."

Yumi + Cinema

I never knew Flexionsensor, but I knew Riy. Riy was a guy who had a lady named Zola, who came about because of a tree he had pictured. She was almost exactly a dryad. I used to read his things all the time and wonder, dream about things myself, and then one day he just disappeared. I never knew what happened, but reading his things used to make me feel ready to do my own. I would hope that he had figured out something, learned something, or just had a nice conversation. He vanished and left all of us without his presence, and I'm sure you know how strange it is to have a sudden hole where there was none. It sticks out a lot, and I just wonder where the guy went, or if he still remembers what to do.

On Nov. 13 it will be a full year since I started and at this rate I still won't hear a single word (and remember it. True story.)

If I do hear her before then... I don't know how I'd announce that. For most of the year (after about 4 months) I've kinda defined myself as "the guy who can't hear his tulpa", using the nick Ganymede[Zephyr] on IRC (where I am most active) even though I never use the brackets.

I'm sure you know how strange it is to have a sudden hole where there was none.

It's the same feeling, except the hole was always there and it will suddenly be filled.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. <3

It's strange and a bit sad, but some people seem to just leave here never to come back. As for Flexion, I too was an avid reader of his PR, I believe I PMed him a few times as well. His last post was (of course) on a forum game thread

But probably his last meaningful post was:

Yeah... I will too.

(that probably needs some context.... click on the little green arrow then scroll up a bit)

And if he's ever visited the forums since then, he wasn't logged in. (There is so much info on the user info page)

As for whether he really had a sentient, talking tulpa? I just re-read his posts from here to the end, and it seems like the usual story of a doubtful/parroting tulpamancer. He eventually gets over his parrotnoia, and can then talk to his tulpa. Best explained by Kat herself:

From proxy (note that this is incredibly awkward): Hi. Well, that didn't come out well, um (tulpae stutter... Huh...) don't do that again. So, I'm Kat. (yes, they know) will you just shut up? (Note that Kat has a high-pitched voice which is halfway between mine and the voice I tried to give her. It sucks.) Yes it does. It turns out that this incompetent bastard is the worst forcer ever! He would randomly talk about stupid shit that I couldn't even understand because his thoughts are so jumbled, and he didn't even listen when I replied! Furthermore, he randomly keeps on changing tabs so he can watch the Nostalgia Critic in the middle of this! Get your priorities strait!

So, I highly doubt any lying was going on there.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Hey, I just had an idea! There does happen to be a Send Flexionsensor an email. link on Flexion's profile page

We should all send him welcoming emails asking him to come back and tell us if he's still alive. I just did.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I'm really glad that you replied to this thread Jean-luc. I actually really wanted to hear your opinion, but I was unaware that you still used posted on this site! I have been reading you and Flexionsensors posts since May 2013, and during that time I was in highschool, so it feels like Flexionsensor and all of the early 2012 members of this site were a part of my childhood lol.

I suppose that you are right about Flexionsensor telling the truth. It just bothers me a little that he didn't stick around.

And trust me, I already sent Flexion an email and a

PM...But he hasn't replied to either...it would be a good idea if many people emailed him, but not many people know that Flexion even existed, let alone his PR. All of the members from a year ago just disappeared...it extremely unfortunate. Thankfully though, there are always new people coming in who are really cool as well:)

Yumi + Cinema

*old geezer voice* i'm still here dammit, i ain't leavin like the rest of 'em

The stream of people went down suddenly and significantly when tulpa posts got banned from /mlp/, but then the quality went up as well so I guess it's okay.

Do I only exist because of my PR? I mean, I guess I haven't posted there in awhile, but I've made other posts dammit.

I died when I read the old geezer comment, because of how I imagined the voice, but then again I laugh easily lol<----(see?)

As for your question regarding whether you exist only because of your PR.

It's a good question.

For hardcore Tulpa.info users who explore every corner of the forum, your other posts have been seen, and you are known for much more than your PR.

But for me, a person who rarely exits the bounds of the PR section, your existence became known almost exclusively because of your affiliation with Flexionsensor, and because of your own PR of course.

Regardless of where you are posting though, and what posts you have made, I'm just glad that you still use this site!

Yumi + Cinema