5 and a half years now?

Lunaclipse

Do let me know if I've set some sort of record. It's the most depressing record I can think of to have 5 and a half years of silent tulpa.

Help. Please.

"There is no abiding success without commitment." - Tony Robbins

"Commitment is an act, not a word." - Jean-Paul Satre

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

That's not the kind of record that you want to set. I don't know what strategies that you have already attempted, but here are a few things that I would recommend if you haven't already tried them: one problem that people can have is that they associate their tulpa with being silent, and in order to make them talk they have to associate them with speeking, you could try puppeting them for a little bit to get used to them speeking or you could try using symbolism to give them the ability to speek or you could try to make a new tulpa with hopes that they will become vocal more quickly and then merge them with the silent tulpa. Those are all of the ideas that I could come up with off the top of my head, and they are not without their own problems, but I hope that something helps. Good luck

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

What methods have you already tried and found don't work? None of us want to give you bad or redundant advice.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I don't think I ever learnt how to properly force.

I've done personality dictation, passive narration, tried to create a second tulpa to try and help the first to vocality, but they remained silent as well... Some parroting and puppeting that I hated because it was so invasive and intrusive... That's about it.

And I'm not going to merge any tulpa into another. That's horrific.

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

Yeah, making another tulpa and merging it is only for the truly desperate, but you have been at this for 5 years. So if you aren't narrating then what are your forcing methods? Also how often do you force?

-Me

No, I do narration, but I have few forcing methods aside from that. I don't active force, simply because I don't know how to. I'm useless as a host, and I just want to do everything I can for both of them.

Active forcing is the process of interacting with your Tulpa in a quiet and relaxed environment. Narration is one way to force actively. Some people prefer to meditate, but it isn't necessary. Some people prefer to close their eyes to help them focus on their Tulpa's form, but some people do open-eyed visualization instead.

The opposite of active forcing is passive forcing. Passive forcing is interacting with your Tulpa while you are in the middle of something or can only provide divided attention. Since you are having trouble hearing them, I wouldn't recommend passive forcing.

Narrating can be really boring, and you may need to do an activity to do while narrating. One thing you could try is taking a book or magazine and read it as if you were to reading to another person. Let your mind tell you what feels right- Is Tay and or Toothless giving you a gaze full of wonder? When reading, would they ever want you to speed up or slow down? Are they leaning towards you or looking away a little distracted? Does Tay fiddle with her hair? Does Toothless grin a lot? If you get any "gut instincts" or "feelings", trust that Tay or Toothless are trying to tell you something. Little small actions and signs count.

If they have trouble speaking, they may prefer to speak gibberish until they are more comfortable with English. They may also prefer to communicate with movement rather than words.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It's not that I don't understand the mechanics of forcing - you learn a lot and advise a lot of people in over 5 years - it's more a mental attitude of "this won't work, or maybe not being comfortable with the environment I have in which I can force actively. Silence drives me crazy, but noise is distracting. I need some interesting music to keep myself stable and keep myself going, but there's a fine line between interesting and distracting.

Maybe you could sing to them songs you like? If you're not the singing type, maybe role play with them and have your album guide where the adventure goes? Just some more ideas.

Maybe try lisening to some colored noise while forcing. I heard that trying to hear your tulpa speeking in colored noise can help with vocality, though I don't know how accurate that that is

-Me