Affirmations

Lumanatrix

It's difficult for me to talk to my tulpa during forcing. I always say good morning and talk about whatever might be on my mind, but it's hard to sit there for a whole forcing session and force myself to talk, because I feel like what I have to say is limited and eventually I'll run out of things to say and start going in circles without getting a reply.

So I was wondering about the effectiveness of affirmations such as "Your mind is separate from mine" "You have a complex personality and set of emotions". It's easier for me to say these because I don't have to think about what I'm going to say next, much easier to keep going with a young tulpa that I can't always hear.

But I also get worried that my tulpa will never learn to talk if I don't talk to him a lot during forcing.

My advice to you is to stop spending your active forcing sessions just talking to him. That's boring. I don't think anyone could stand actively and intentionally spend time ONLY talking to someone (usually you do it while doing an activity with them ex. eating dinner or shopping); sure if you happen to bump into someone you know in public, but does a friend of yours ever say, "Hey wanna meet up on Saturday at the mall? No no no, we're not gonna buy anything, we're just gonna sit on a bench and talk for 3 hours." 

Talk to him while you go about your day. Talk to him while you're doing an activity, or while in the wonderland doing something. If running out of ideas is the problem, make a list of ideas of things you can discuss. I'm sure others will give their ideas, but some include anecdotes (personal stories of events in the past), comment on things you see throughout your day, plans for the future, opinions and views on certain topics etc. . If you really run out of things to say, well that's that, right? You don't have to force yourself to talk to them, they will know there's not much else to say. It doesn't have to be limited to conversations either, you can play talking activities like thought ping-pong and I-spy (though that one might be a bit hard without figuring out which one they mean via their thoughts). If you really get into it, you'll find there's a lot more to talk about than you think.

That could be good as a little additive (mantras always help) to their development, but I don't think they can replace talking and having a nice conversation with your tulpaware. Again, you have to think of them as if they're a real person. Would you repeat affirmations to someone if you ran out of things to say to them?

Finally, you don't have to worry about that for their vocalization. Babies learn how to speak after they are constantly exposed to words and voices. You don't need to constantly talk with them in forcing session for them to be able to talk. The occasional times you get when you find a good idea for a conversation should suffice enough. And even if that's hardly often, as long as they hear voices and words, etc. they will be vocal eventually.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

While these affirmations might help you out through the ~power of belief~, at least in helping you see the tulpa as a person that's separate from yourself, I don't think that you should be using them as a crutch. The more you talk to your tulpa, the more natural it will be, even if they're not responding to you. You can talk about literally anything, even if you're just babbling on about stupid things or venting your frustrations. And really, narrating as often as possible is going to help you, so don't limit yourself to active sessions. Use things from your environment as inspirations for topics, give them a rundown of what you're doing at all times (provided that it's something that doesn't require all of your attention), etc.

Yeah I think making a list of things to talk about will help. I didn't want to do that because I thought it would sound too scripted or something. I'll just chit chat around the place instead of forcing myself to talk

I mean, you COULD just go around in circles with your conversation. Though, thinking about that brings up powerful feelings of disgust from somewhere deep within me...

I feel the problem many new tulpamancers have is that they think what they talk about has to be relevant to their tulpa in some way, or that their tulpa will know the entire story you tell them before you complete it and get bored or something. Seriously, any time you're free to your thoughts just start being mindful of your tulpa's presence. Half of my forcing was done in classes where I do nothing (Choir, Cadet Teaching, English...). Hell, tell them about your trip to disneyland or whatever equivalent experience.

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.