So I haven't actually made a tulpa yet but I was wondering what is a good age to make a tulpa because Iv'e heard that it's not good to make one if your not really mature so I would like to know the average age that is recommended?

I personally don't think there's really a specific required age. Having said that, though, I think it's probably best if you a) aren't in the process of going through puberty, when your hormones are going crazy, and b) not doing something else ridiculously stressful and time consuming (such as starting middle school or high school).

My tulpa

Name: Tammy

Sex: female

Species: Anthro (red fox)

Working on: imposition

There isn't any set age that's recommended. As long as you have a high enough mental age, you should be okay. The way I see it, if you're asking that question, you're probably mature enough.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

I think as long as you can fully understand that this is something that will have long term effects as well as being something that may not have immediate results. AS long as you understand the importance and "seriousness" that this is, then whatever age is suitable.

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

Mental age is better to take into account than biological age. Considering that you bothered to think about it rather just than say,

"o, boi, an imaginray frend that i can maek wit my mind that can talk bak 2 me? hot digety dawg, i want wun!"

I would say you're ready, or at least suitable, to make one. Just do more research first, and ask around in as many places as you can, because a lot of the guides don't do a good enough job explaining to you all the possible risks, conflicting beliefs, and general information about tulpas. I don't claim to know everything, but a lot of the stuff I had to figure out was not included in the guides.

I won't say much else, but just know that tulpamancy is a long term thing and that you really should be ready to see it through to the end. "The end" being your death, actually, because this is a lifelong commitment. It's not marriage, where you can just sign some divorce papers and tell your ex-spouse to fuck off. It's not a child, where you can ship them off to the orphanage. It's not your birth-giver whom you can leave after you come of age. A tulpa will be with you for the rest of your life....assuming you don't dissipate them.

TL;DR, I'd say you're mature enough, but please think it through before you just hop onto the bandwagon.

Name: Raid

Sentience: Confirmed

Working on: Vocality

Personality Traits: Is awesome a personality trait?

Form: 1. Pegasus Pony, with a flat, pink mane, and pink tail, and yellow coat. Also, blue eyes.

2. A blue-haired human (only encountered in dream so far)

If you can have a tame and extended conversation with someone over the age of 18, then go for it. Otherwise wait until you have grown wiser and more mature before attempting tulpamancy

i am forever banned from drinking orange juice because my tulpa hates it with a burning passion