Avienda and I

Landon Cade

Yesterday I started the process of creating a tulpa.  Her name is Avienda.  I have been looking at tulpas and how to make them for a while now and decided to wait until summer break to begin so that I had more time.  I plan to keep updates on our progress at least every week.

As for today I have been working on narration throughout the day.  I have trouble keeping my mind from wondering around so I plan to have sessions where I just focus on thinking about Avienda and switching back to her every time my mind wonders.  I have a list of general personality traits that I have already spent some time forcing but I want her to create most of her own personality.

Visualization is a big problem for me and it has been a while since I've worked on our wonderland.  It's on an island and we have a house near the beach.  It is partly inspired from my trip to Costa Rica last summer especially things like the black sand beach.  I have spent a bit of time working on visualizing her form but I need to set aside specific times to force so that I get in more practice and can easily picture her form.

My family is going on a trip to a youth camp tomorrow so I hope to find time to force while there and it should help me find more things to narrate about.

Also any advice is welcome!  I have read almost every guide on this site plus more and sometimes I still feel like I'm doing something wrong.  I plan to stick it out for the long run so no worries there.

@Landon Cade

congratulations. It's nice to meet you both.

Have you considered the "mind dump" practise? That is allowing yourself at least one-sixth of an hour to better clear your head and let your mind wander aimlessly until you've felt the distractions have left your system. You can set an alarm on your clock or telephone to pull you out of this mode of thought should you lose your bearings.

You don't need to focus on a paracosm (wonderland) too much. For some hosts they're like touchstones or better envisioned abstractions of one's mental world and if you feel that your wonderland is simply too big or unmanageable you can reign in parts of it to your own unique designs. If you have issues with visualisation, try the mailbox exercise. Imagine any kind of conceivable mailbox and fixate upon its specific details as much as you can: the grain of the wood used (if any), markings left by the elements or before it left the factory, the text emblazoned across various pieces. It doesn't even need to be a mailbox, just make it a point to firmly study the given attributes of any one thing intensely within your paracosm and apply your creative prowess at the pace and conditions you feel are sufficient.

One important thought to keep is that you don't need to follow your guide-du-jour to the letter. At best they are meant to serve as inspiration or a general outline of what's necessary and expected in the tulpa creation process. Set aside your inhibitions and have more confidence in yourself and Avienda.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to name her Avienda (avenue)? Do you also speak and write in Spanish?

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Her name came from a book series called The Wheel of Time. I liked the name a lot and applied it to a dream character I once had. That was how I first created Avienda.

Funny thing you mention the mind dump though. I was just doing that randomly yesterday just to see what came out of my head and I did find it easier to focus when forcing. If you had not mentioned that I may not have realized that was why so thanks for reminding me about that.

@Landon Cade

you're very welcome.

May I ask about your dream character? Do you think Avienda still has traces of what this dream character was?

If you have any other concerns feel free to post them here. We wish prosperity and good tidings upon you both.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

So I spent a good portion of the day yesterday imposing and narrating. I spent most the day at a camp and I'm going to be here for the next few days. I have better opportunities for imposition here but there is not really any time that I can schedule to sit down and force. So I guess it's kind of a trade off. Also I tried a small amount of parroting and puppeting to get her voice in my head and to kind of stretch out her body. I heard that that helps with getting tulpas to move on their own a bit.

She was a dream character that only showed up once and she had a huge impact on me. I have never had a lucid dream(not from lack of trying though) so I have never been able to bring her back. Since there was not really much to remember about her it is just her appearance really that I have brought over.

Yesterday we got back from camp and I had most of the day free which doesn't happen often. I spent over 2 hours with Avienda throughout the day. I'm working on my focus so that we can have longer forcing sessions. The longest one was about half an hour yesterday.

This morning I believe I got a response from Avienda. I'll try to post later if we have more success when I get back from work.

We would also recommend passive forcing throughout the day so that you can talk to each other about things that are happening, and so that you can spend more time together. We try to passive force all day but sometimes Rafe can forget

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me