Big Five Personality Test, for both Host and Tulpa

Tewi

How do the host and tulpa's results compare?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do the host and tulpa's results compare?

• Openness: Tulpa scored higher than host
    • Openness: Tulpa scored similarly to host
    • Openness: Tulpa scored lower than host
    • Conscientiousness: Tulpa scored higher than host
    • Conscientiousness: Tulpa scored similarly to host
    • Conscientiousness: Tulpa scored lower than host
    • Extraversion: Tulpa scored higher than host
    • Extraversion: Tulpa scored similarly to host
    • Extraversion: Tulpa scored lower than host
    • Agreeableness: Tulpa scored higher than host
    • Agreeableness: Tulpa scored similarly to host
    • Agreeableness: Tulpa scored lower than host
    • Neuroticism: Tulpa scored higher than host
    • Neuroticism: Tulpa scored similarly to host
    • Neuroticism: Tulpa scored lower than host

Or at least the poll is for comparing hosts to their tulpas. Everyone's free to take the test and discuss the results in this thread.

So I recently read a study on the development of personality in early and middle adulthood, which was too boring to talk about. But I noticed the medium they used for their research was a simple personality test site, made accessible to the average person. So I wanted to share it with you guys.

Important things to note before taking the test or voting however:

1. This site actually collects data for use in research, which is awesome. But it means you probably shouldn't put anything too crazy. I believe you can ignore the information collecting questions at the bottom for the most part, but I opted to mostly use my host's information as far as residence and age go. You don't really have to worry about ruining all their data by having your tulpas take the test, it won't affect much of anything in the end.

2. The poll is set up for a one-host-one-tulpa comparison. Obviously, many hosts have multiple tulpas, and some people don't have tulpas capable of taking the test or at all. You are not obligated to answer the poll if you don't want to, though you will have to choose a single tulpa to compare against. You're more than welcome to share the full results in a reply however.

3. Please only choose one option per aspect, don't try to account for multiple tulpas or anything like that. Simply check the boxes that apply to the two being compared. Also, I have no idea how the compare-yourself-to-another-person option for the test works. Regardless, host and tulpa should take the test separately.

And that's it. Take the test and compare results for the poll, or just post them in the thread for fun. http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

You can use the percentile scores to be perfectly accurate, but the visual representation should suffice. The middle option is not for exact-ties-only. Also, the HTML code they provide doesn't work, don't try and use that here.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

You: Me

The other person: Esterina

Openness to Experience/Intellect

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 84)

The other person is relatively open to new experiences. (Their percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 5)

The other person is very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Their percentile: 97)

(lel at that one... the truth has been spoken. xD)

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 27)

The other person is neither particularly social or reserved. (Their percentile: 59)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 10)

The other person finds it easy to criticize others. (Their percentile: 2)

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 11)

The other person probably remains calm, even in tense situations. (Their percentile: 5)

Greets,

AG

PS: You forgot the sandwich option, Tewi.

I am disappointed.

Recording my results here so we don't lose them for later. I was honestly surprised when I first saw some of those numbers, but again, it really is a simple test.

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You are somewhat conventional. (Your percentile: 35)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 97)

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 42)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 90)

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 2)

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

I guess my expectation is that the tulpa scores appear as an "our better nature": higher on conscientiousness and, given that I think most people here are probably fairly introverted, higher on extraversion. Then again, I'd probably expect similar things for agreeableness and neuroticism; we'd have to see as/if more people add their scores. Then again, it's all quite handwavy anyway, I suppose.

You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 12)

The other person prefers traditional and familiar experiences. (Their percentile: 2)

Conscientiousness

You are neither organized or disorganized. (Your percentile: 41)

The other person tends to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Their percentile: 30)

Extraversion

You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 7)

The other person probably enjoys spending quiet time alone. (Their percentile: 18)

Agreeableness

You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 4)

The other person finds it easy to criticize others. (Their percentile: 10)

Neuroticism

You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 49)

The other person is a generally anxious person and tends to worry about things. (Their percentile: 84)

In shorter terms I am an uncreative, rude person with narrow interests. This test is great at giving you and your loved ones the finger.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

It's a personality test, not a test of character. If you disagree with the results then they probably aren't right. But do you? Is someone telling you what you are offensive to you? That means your "ideal self" is far removed from your "real self", according to Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization. Which I just learned about. But if you don't see those as accurately describing you, then you're just being pessimistic in your interpretation of them. Again. This seems to be a running theme and much more likely.

@Waffles I had the same thought, that tulpas tend to be "better" than their hosts. But that's just how others will see the results, should they end up that way. I don't see different numbers here as "better" or "worse". They're just describing who you are. Any perceived "bad" or "good" is simply an indication of how far removed that result is from your personal ideal. It's a self-judgement, not an external one. But it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Regardless, tulpas will likely tend to lean closer to the host's "ideals" than they themselves do. Aside from prime counterexample number one right above me, that just seems to be how things go.

I personally don't support that idea. Tulpas are just people. They might seem like better people than yourself to you, but what do they seem like to themselves? Even though the host may see the tulpa as closer to an ideal, does the tulpa necessarily see the host as further from it? Maybe. I still don't much care for the personal judgements. The results are simply describing how people are, no more or less. The results aren't judging you, you are. There's no reason to consider another person "better" or "worse" than another, and this applies to tulpas.

Hm... Here's what I got.

You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 41)

The other person is somewhat conventional. (Their percentile: 24)

Conscientiousness

You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 30)

The other person probably has a messy desk! (Their percentile: 17)

Extraversion

You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 9)

The other person is extremely outgoing, social, and energetic. (Their percentile: 91)

Agreeableness

You tend to consider the feelings of others. (Your percentile: 74)

The other person finds it easy to express irritation with others. (Their percentile: 32)

Neuroticism

You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 84)

The other person probably remains calm, even in tense situations. (Their percentile: 5)

I thought I was pretty welcoming of new experiences, but I suppose being kind of a shut-in makes that difficult. X) Regardless, Hita and I mostly agree with the results. Hita also expresses her (joking) concern over the fact that we largely ended up as the opposite of the current majority, with her being the brash and confident one versus me being the perpetually-anxious and diplomatic one. :P

You are somewhat conventional. (Your percentile: 35)

Conscientiousness

You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 86)

Extraversion

You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. (Your percentile: 70)

Agreeableness

You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 97)

Neuroticism

You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 1)

Whoah, I got a 1. Otherwise nothing special though. I bet Lucilyn's will be really interesting.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

(Your percentile: 47)

Conscientiousness

(Your percentile: 35)

Extraversion

(Your percentile: 97)

Agreeableness

(Your percentile: 93)

Neuroticism

(Your percentile: 2)

This is a dumb test. It said I wasn't open to new experiences! What the heck. You can be tons of different things with the same scores on this test, they make so many assumptions and generalizations that I took out all the extra text. Also because formatting it is a lot of work and we've all seen it before.

... I thought I got similar scores to Reisen, but she got double the conscientiousness score. I agree with Iscariot, this test is good at judging you indirectly.. But it's not, no it didn't judge me well. Whatever, I think the scientists get good data from the test, I think they interpret it differently from the site though maybe. Also the Extraversion category is so over generalized it doesn't apply to ANY of us! Well maybe Flandre. But like, Reisen isn't shy at all and is sociable, but also she isn't assertive or whatever so it gives her an inbetween score even though those were totally unrelated. Anyways.. statistics.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

You: Host

The other person: Vosaiu

You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 53)

The other person typically doesn't seek out new experiences. (Their percentile: 59)

Conscientiousness

You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 8)

The other person is well-organized, and is generally reliable. (Their percentile: 64)

Extraversion

You are extremely outgoing, social, and energetic. (Your percentile: 86)

The other person probably enjoys spending quiet time alone. (Their percentile: 12)

Agreeableness

You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 10)

The other person finds it easy to criticize others. (Their percentile: 14)

Neuroticism

You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 9)

The other person is a generally anxious person and tends to worry about things. (Their percentile: 80)