Body problem when forcing?

So, when I force, I lay on my back with my arms at my sides. When I stay like that for awhile, my body starts resisting movement. I think it's similar to a trance. But lately, when I try to get to that state, I don't like the feeling and have to move. It feels like my body becomes unable to move at all, and I'm being wedged out of it. Can anyone explain why this is, or how I could counteract it?

Name: Moondust

Personality: Quiet, kind, and loving

Name: Feather

Personality: Respectful, Pleasant, Honorable, Shy

Name: Xeoburn

Personality: Sarcastic and rude, but still friendly

Guest Anonymous

Thats full body muscle relaxation...It gives a sense of heaviness or kind of "numbness" on top of body which is part of muscle relaxation...It usually occurs best when you relax your body part by part.I know this feeling can get very uncomfortable so I meditate or tulpaforce with music so my attention doesn't wander towards that but I think we should learn to enjoy this relaxation.Maybe you should spread your arms and legs little bit more it will get easier.

Yeah, it's not a trance, more like you're just half asleep. You should probably just sit up. Maybe lotus position, back against a wall if you find it too uncomfortable to sit by yourself.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Yeah, it's not a trance, more like you're just half asleep. You should probably just sit up. Maybe lotus position, back against a wall if you find it too uncomfortable to sit by yourself.

Yup, what Bin said. I'd be careful, if you do that too much you might have a higher chance of sleep paralysis if you accidentally fall asleep like that. I've never had it but it's supposed to be a really horrifying experience.

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]

Yup, what Bin said. I'd be careful, if you do that too much you might have a higher chance of sleep paralysis if you accidentally fall asleep like that. I've never had it but it's supposed to be a really horrifying experience.

I get sleep paralysis when doing WILD, and it's not all that bad. Some people don't feel/hear shit at all.

I've gotten sleep paralysis a few times when waking up, I just can't move and that's about it, and it only lasts a moment until I can move again. I'm not even sure where all that talk of hallucinations come from, but then again most people who write about that stuff are clinically insane so that might attribute to it.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I think I just typed that wrong. I think it is similar to that half-asleep state (considering I do forcing right before bed), but my problem is that I just can't get used to the feeling. I've used the same techniques before I started making my tulpa, but I haven't been able to use the state since. That's where my question is, how do I get the state to not feel as uncomfortable as is? I try it, and I have problems sitting absolutely still, as if my body were to just go to stone if I leave it.

Name: Moondust

Personality: Quiet, kind, and loving

Name: Feather

Personality: Respectful, Pleasant, Honorable, Shy

Name: Xeoburn

Personality: Sarcastic and rude, but still friendly

I guess just try using music like previously mentioned to draw your attention from it - I've found that it only becomes an issue for me when I start to fixate on that, but music tends to keep my attention more focused on forcing. As I try to kinda ignore the music and focus my mind it has the side effect of forcing me to ignore my physical discomfort at the same time- but yknow. That's just me.

Also as a random sidenote I was terrified last night when I woke and couldn't move after falling asleep forcing for like 3 hours. Only lasted like 10 seconds but hadn't heard of this phenomenon before so you guys seriously just made me feel a whole lot better!

Guest Anonymous

Don't you guys think you are taking it too far...have you heard of progressive muscle relaxation technique? It requires you to focus and tense a single part of your body then relax it,this way relaxation is increased and you are supposed to NOT feel anything during this state.

Azure I think the answer to your question is that you are getting good at bodily relaxation.I think instead of feeling scared you should be glad and try to keep still and let it come over you.

You should feel like a stone in order to work your tulpaforing or meditation better.

Guest Anonymous

Focusing on your body while forcing isn't a good idea in the first place.