Hello There, Guest! Register

Cam and Tulpa
Camera Offline
and Faharan
Registered

Threads: 4

Cam and Tulpa

Hey, everyone! I've been lurking around the tulpamancing community for a couple of weeks now; doing research, reading guides, reading threads on this site, et cetera. I wanted to get a solid idea of how to go about this before I dove in. Now, I think I'm finally ready to start my own tulpa.

I suppose I should introduce myself: I'm Camera, but you can call me Cam if you so desire. I'm a pretty normal, straight-ahead person, but the concept of having a tulpa appealed to me immensely when I first found out about it (through Reddit). I love the idea of a true companion who understands you better than any human could. I'm not a brony, nor am I a big enough fan of anything else to want to make a lifelong headmate out of a preexisting character, so I'm just going to let my tulpa's form develop as it goes. I will also let it choose its own name, and its own gender, if it decides it wants one. The only thing I'm starting out with is a personality.

So, without further ado, here is my log.

April 16 (Yesterday):

I began creating a wonderland. Since my visualization skills aren't quite up to par yet, I began with a simple bedroom. It's a medium-sized, rectangular, dim room with white walls, a hardwood floor, and an oval-shaped gray rug in the center of the floor. If you were looking at it from a bird's eye view, the door would be near the bottom-left corner. There is a white double bed to the right of the door with a patchwork quilt, two pillows, a black series of bars as a headboard, a shorter version of that as a footboard, and a bedside table. On the far right side of the room, there is a window with dark blue curtains over it, and a tan armchair and a lamp next to the window. Across from the wall with the door and bed, there is a very large bookshelf built into the wall. The bookshelf is made out of wood, and reaches almost to the ceiling. Currently, the bookshelf contains a lot of empty multicolored books. I'll fill them with something or other. There's a lamp next to the bookshelf. Finally, there's a desk in the far left of the room. It's mostly white with some black trim, and there is a column of drawers on its left side. A wooden chair is in front of it. On the desk, there is a large black computer and an empty spiral-bound book.

Sorry about the heavy description there. I feel like describing the wonderland in words will help me visualize it better, though. I'll probably expand on it later and create a world outside the room, but for now, I'm sticking with this.

April 17 (Today):

I finished up the wonderland earlier in the day. Then, tonight, I actually started on creating my tulpa. First, I wrote a list of about fifteen traits in a notebook, and a brief, 3-4 sentence description of what each meant. Once I felt like I was ready, I began to attempt forcing.

It went really badly at first. I tried giving the tulpa the form of a blue sphere to start out with, but immediately after I created the sphere, it started to spin uncontrollably. I'm talking crazy loops around the wonderland room and around my head and everywhere. The more I tried to stop it, the more it spun. I finally resigned to taking a break about twenty minutes into the session, because I felt extremely dizzy and physically nauseous. The nausea didn't wear off for about an hour. After calming down and posting in the Q&A board, I tried again, this time forcing outside to see if the fresh air would help me concentrate on keeping the damn thing still. It seemed to help a bit, but it got cold and I had to head back inside.

Finally, I tried one more time, and out of the blue, my tulpa's form changed from a sphere to a sort of whitish humanoid ghostly thing with a visible skeleton. After that, the spinning lessened dramatically. I was able to hold it still in my mind for much longer periods of time. I haven't started on personality yet- I'm going to do that tomorrow.

That's pretty much all for now. I'll try my best to keep this updated.

Edit- I did another forcing session, and there was basically no spinning this time! I tried switching through various ideas for basic animal forms with my tulpa. We tried out a fox form, a rat form, a big-cat form, a few bird forms, and a deer form. The deer form seems to suit its personality best at the moment, so perhaps we'll work with that for now. The deer I visualized is a large white stag with dark eyes and a few gray smudges here and there. I'll probably start looking up deer anatomy so I can get a better idea of what it might look like.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 05:19 PM by Camera.)
04-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Messages In This Thread
Cam and Tulpa - by Camera - 04-18-2014, 02:05 AM
RE: Cam's Descent Into Madness - by Camera - 04-18-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Cam's Descent Into Madness - by Vos - 04-18-2014, 11:19 PM
RE: Cam's Descent Into Madness - by Camera - 04-18-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Cam and Tulpa - by Camera - 04-20-2014, 04:01 AM
RE: Cam and Tulpa - by TheSanctuary - 04-20-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Cam and Tulpa - by Camera - 04-21-2014, 12:45 AM