Change of tactics

Lulu

At this point, I've probably killed two tulpas due to procrastination/changing ideas. So I've been thinking about changing the way I force from:

personality > form > narration

to

personality > narration > wait for sentience > and then form

That way I don't have to worry about "should she be this tall?" "should her hair look like this or that?" etc. Also that way my tulpa gets a say in what she looks like. So what do you guys think? Will doing it this way make it harder to make it a body later?

I think it's worth quoting my off-topic rant from another therad (esp since it would be on-topic in this thread):

Warning: Personal off-topicish rant

Personally, I don't plan on working on the base until I've flushed out the personality, and even then, I'm thinking about waiting until sapience so the tulpa itself could help decide on its base. Not sure how many here are planning on being forever alone and tulpaforcing a wifu, but I'm not. I don't want to have a female human as a base for my tulpa so an animal would be my next best choice -- either that, or some sort of LOTR-style elf ;)

I'm conflicted with the base for mine; while an animal would be a safe bet and all, it also means it wouldn't be able to do certain things; one of the Tulpa's interests in my personality sheet is Martial Arts, but an animal wouldn't be able to affectively do something like that, know what I mean? At the same time, it goes back to what I said above with having a human (esp human female) tulpa.

So yeah, I'm very interested in what others have to say about this idea; my only regret is that Dane left before it was really brought up.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

personality > narration > wait for sentience > and then form
This is what I'm doing, since I consider the personality stage the sentience state; I'm not going anywhere until my brain acknowledges her existence. I see this as the superior method, for, as you say, it allows the tulpa's input on the form as well, and is easier and more straigtforward anyway, because you will clearly know when to proceed to the next step.

I'm merely hoping my tulpa will be okay with the form I decide for her. If not, I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

I just hope mine doesn't mind being female.

I've already set the gender during personality.

Can you really set it without a body first?

I don't do personality in the third person, I do it as if I'm talking to her. After I set up a basis on a certain personality trait and explain how it would effect her overall persona, I use examples, like "So and so... and so you would probably...". In these examples, I always use female pronouns to describe her if I'm not using her name. For example:

"So, Haru, let's say that somebody is bullying somebody in front of you. You would probably try to nonchalantly save this person at first, trying to get her away without making it clear that you know what's going on. If the bully says, "What does a girl want with me?" or something alone those lines, then you would probably keep your act up and..."

Stuff like that.

There's way too many ways to go about personality! I just want to hurry up and get to narration dammit! Its the only thing in this process that I'm good at.

There's way too many ways to go about personality! I just want to hurry up and get to narration dammit! Its the only thing in this process that I'm good at.

I feel you, that step seems like it will be the most enjoyable. Not that I don't enjoy working on personality, but narration is something you can do at any time, and personality and form I need a quiet environment.

Giving your tulpa a body after sentience could be a good idea. Such as it having a say and things, but it's not the end of the world if they don't like their body as they can change it if they wanted to anyway. I worked on personality and body simultaneously and I'm not facing any problems so far.