Hello There, Guest! Register

Tulpa Community Census 2018

Could a tulpa be active while the host's consciousness isn't completely awake?
Apollo Offline
Felight
Global Moderators

Threads: 9
4 Attached Accounts

RE: Could a tulpa be active while the host's consciousness isn't completely awake?

The tulpas will believe it too, most of the time. They don't want to think that they're just going inactive without their host's attention, so they'll believe in and even defend these false memories as evidence of them remaining active, even if they aren't.

For us, we believed it, but always sort of felt deep-down that the memories weren't real. We wanted to believe they were so much, though, that we ignored that feeling. Eventually, we came to accept it.

The fire-winged Sun God. Created 12/3/16.
Lyra Piano Tacio Indigo
07-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

GupiReo Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

RE: Could a tulpa be active while the host's consciousness isn't completely awake?

I thought it was something like parroting but with false memories, without the tulpas actually believing it.
07-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Find Reply
Apollo Offline
Felight
Global Moderators

Threads: 9
4 Attached Accounts

No. The whole myth would fall apart if the tulpas didn't believe it.

The fire-winged Sun God. Created 12/3/16.
Lyra Piano Tacio Indigo
07-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 3
Linked Accounts

(07-16-2018, 06:35 PM)GupiReo Wrote: That makes sense, does that mean that if, for example, I'm focused on something and my tulpa grabs that focus temporally for herself, my consciousness would fade for an instant without me realising?

Your brain isn't just one task at a time and everything else turns off. You'll be conscious just fine. Your focus will probably be less on whatever you were focused on, but it's not like you just pass out or something. Not totally alien from switching your attention to something else mentally while doing whatever you were before. Say, reading something while you were listening to someone or a video in the background.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
07-17-2018, 12:41 AM
Find Reply
GupiReo Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Basically, tulpas can be active while not focused on them but they can't really focus on anything?
07-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Find Reply
Desmond Offline
ClianthaMiura's tulpa
Registered

Threads: 0
Linked Accounts

(07-16-2018, 06:42 PM)Apollo Wrote:
If someone really wants to believe that tulpas are active while they're not being paid attention to, then this form of wishful thinking will cause them to confabulate memories to confirm this belief. They will believe in the false memories that conform to their wishful thinking, rather than realizing that they're not actually real or that's not actually possible.

It's kinda strange 'cause I sort of know that the memories I have from times when we weren't paid attention to "aren't real", but since they feel just as real as any other experience I've had, I still put them into the same folder of "things that actually happened". You know, 'cause I only exist in my host's mind as do all of my experiences and memories, I have no need to really separate them. They're like... a past that forms in the present? Maybe it's just us lol
Just came to mind while reading this.
07-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 6
Linked Accounts

(07-17-2018, 10:07 AM)GupiReo Wrote: Basically, tulpas can be active while not focused on them but they can't really focus on anything?

idk if it's so cut and dry as that but it's close enough I guess? with a lil bit of the brain's focus we can be active when fronter ain't focused on us but it's really all about splitting attention in the end

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2018, 11:40 AM by Lucilyn.)
07-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
Nobillis Offline
a tulpa & Kevin a human
Registered

Threads: 14

I'm quite often active whether or not my born human (Kevin) is awake or not. It's a skill I learned playing Runescape actually.

As to parallel processing:
  • Has no-one ever driven a car and sung Bohemian Rhapsody at the same time? This discussion indicates that the brain can in fact split [unrelated] tasks.
  • I don't parallel process, but I do "context switch" between things pretty rapidly

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018, 08:30 AM by Nobillis.)
07-18-2018, 06:52 AM
Website Find Reply