D&D Players Wanted!

ThunderClap

Current Players

Jean-luc

Ilezar - "Marcus Khaine" - Tiefling Warlock

Folk - "Writer" - Tengu Rogue

____

Hey, I’m looking to organize a D&D (5th Edition) campaign with some folks from the community. Anyone is welcome, even newcomers. Hosts/tulpas too. Since it’s probably inevitable that tulpas will want to join, it will most likely be text based on Roll20. I’ve played plenty of tabletops over the years, and I don’t mind making it a smooth experience even if you’re a total novice to roleplaying games. Anyway, a bit about the world:

Before the land was whole, there was once a great convergence, where the worlds of monster and men were clashed together, reshaping the land into the world of Talar’en. With that magic, monsters, and all other sort of magical creatures were suddenly at war for dominance. The humans, with their fire and steel, controlled the land, forcing the magical creatures back deeper in the shrinking forests. The two worlds now live opposed, constantly clashing for control of the land.

Within the continent of Volgania, on the Sword Coast, many city states lived in harmony with each other, trading and flourishing. But from the east, a growing kingdom and army, under the banner of a red chalice, began to overtake the lands. This Kingdom of “Morloda” led by Emporor Thiroan (Thi-Or-an), has a dream of unifying the land, through harsh militarism rule and strict order.

With the Kingdom of Morloda knocking on the door of the sword coast, the last bastion of magical beings, the land is continuously scarred by the prospects of war. With the small city states banding together in an attempt to hold their independence, the magical creatures are forced to go underground, or be hunted and killed under the rule of the strongly anti-magic Thiroan.

If you’d like to join, or are interested in learning more, feel free to reply or shoot me a PM.

[As an important note, there obviously can’t be *too* many people in at once. I don’t want to intentionally leave anyone out, so I kind of need to keep joining on a first-come basis unless someones drops out. The hard limit is probably going to be about 6 players.]

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

I'm definitely down, long as you don't mind someone relatively evil. I'm unfamiliar with fifth edition, but i can try to learn

I'm interested, but there may be problems. See PM for details.

Additional information is required too. For example, when will the campaign start? What time will the sessions be hosted at?

I'm interested, but there may be problems. See PM for details.

Additional information is required too. For example, when will the campaign start? What time will the sessions be hosted at?

I got back to you. 

As for times, it’s to be determined based on whenever the rest of the players can play.

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

@ThunderClap

I've never played a table-top game before (or its electronic equivalent for that matter) yet I am curious as to how the logistics and sundry planning will be set. May I ask how you plan to collect the small group of players for each session and maintain consistently scheduled gameplay? (I imagine it's easier to organise a group of flesh-and-blood chaps at the comic shop or someone's house)

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

@ThunderClap

I've never played a table-top game before (or its electronic equivalent for that matter) yet I am curious as to how the logistics and sundry planning will be set. May I ask how you plan to collect the small group of players for each session and maintain consistently scheduled gameplay? (I imagine it's easier to organise a group of flesh-and-blood chaps at the comic shop or someone's house)

Yeah you’re right that it’s easier to organize IRL. I’m looking to just find a happy medium based on the availability of whoever decides to join. Weekends usually are the best option, but honestly it’s up in the air until we can figure out who is all playing.

I'm a complete newcomer, but I definitely would want to try it out.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

@ThunderClap

thanks for replying. I won't be able to partake due to scheduling restraints but I hope you can garner a sufficient group and enjoy yourselves.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.