Did I already make a tulpa? i've spent 400+ hours

I just realized something. An epiphany.

There's this girl I have the BIGGEST crush on. i've been obsessively thinking about her for almost a year. and I've realized something. I'm not in love with her, i'm in love with the fantasy of her. I would always imagine her by my side, giving me support and advice every time I'm going through hard times. I would always imagine us spending a LOT of time together, and just talking and making conversation about life.

I just realized. I must have done this for 400+ hours, if I were to add them all up. I JUST realized that's why I'm so infatuated with her. Thoughts have power, and if I spend 400+ hours thinking about her, of course i'm going to grow extremely attached.

anyway, some questions about this. If this tulpa thing is real, why hasn't a tulpa of this girl popped up in my head yet? I mean, I don't know. I have a very strong idea of her fantasy personality, and a strong visual image of her. I've imagined hundreds of interactions with her. But I don't think there's a sentient consciousness of her in my head. Why is that?

Damn, Xen0's a faggot tonight.

To answer the question, I suspect it's because you weren't doing it with the intention of creating anything, or the assumption that the person in your mind was real. All along, she was just a fantasy copy of the real person.

I don't buy the "didn't follow the guides" stuff. What you did is very much like what kids do that results in imaginary friends, with the exception of taking the mind-person to be "real".

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Nice one for a first post, Xen0.

Like Chupi says, you've been following the logic of "fantasy stays fantasy," and thus, your mind has not been set for, or has tried to pursue, making the mind construct real. You could probably very easily turn her into a tulpa though.

i see. makes sense, i suspected as much I guess, i just wanted to hear it from you guys to reaffirm.

if I make her as a tulpa, do you think i'd be able to keep her unattached from the real version of her?

because I really want to get over her. i don't want to constantly keep her on my mind, and then see her in real life and feel jealous/sad that she doesn't feel the same way or that she's with other guys or something.

when i had my epiphany i was planning on making a tulpa(not her) so that i won't keep thinking about her.. i want to replace all my daydreams about her with daydreams about my tulpa. Will this result in a servitor rather than a tulpa, if I were to do that?

If you do make a tulpa of her, definitely stress with them that they don't have to be like the person you modeled them on. If you'd rather start from scratch then this shouldn't have any bearing on the new tulpa.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Oh hey, looks like Xen0 finally made it to the forum.

Also, >Tupper based on real life crush

http://i.imgur.com/gx2MC.gif

Anyways, still yet if this is just a fantasy personality based around a real person (whose real personality may or may not be really shitty) then making a tulpa of her should work. Now then, so you have a personality up there already defined; so what? You still have to put time into getting this personality into something somewhat separate for yourself. Although I recommend growing a pair and approaching her over making a tulpa, and the same applies to any real life crush, even if the crush is only the result of hours and hours of obsessive pondering.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Well, she kind of rejected me. Maybe I have a chance if I try again, but I have some life issues and shes a divorcee whos older than me and has 3 kids so. It wouldnt work out anyway.

I would like to stress again that I desperately want to not have feelings for her.

If you don't want to have feelings for her, then don't. Just don't think about her, don't try and make a tulpa of her, don't go to her. And if you've already been rejected and she's a single mom with three kids anyways then forget about it. I always did say it's better to know that they don't want you rather than sitting and wondering.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Guest Albatross_

Women will ruin your life and are terrible

Make tupper instead

>anti-feminism thread derail