Did I go to fast or stuff something up?

jbox1

Hi! I recently found out about this community and concept, so I decided to try and fabricate my own tupla.

However I am concerned my tulpa may not be a tulpa, and I believe that I might not have done this correctly.

Firstly, I was able to get a response out of her very soon after making her, and she seems way to content with my changes to her design. Her mind voice seems to be very different from my own, at least that's how I envisioned it. The guide stated that the process was supposed to be long term, and considering how easy it was, I fear that I may not have done it correctly.

Second of all, my tulpa is able to recollect some of my recent memories, which further leads me to believe she is no actually a seperate entity. Is this normal, and will my tulpa eventually get more disconnected from my own concience, or have I stuffed up the process?

Finally, she only talks when I want her too. She never talks on her own, or at least very rarely. Is this normal, and will she eventually gain more independence from my own train of thought?

I would really appreciate any answers, thanks!

Hi! I recently found out about this community and concept, so I decided to try and fabricate my own tupla.

Are you absolutely sure you want to go through with this? You clearly want a separate person speaking to you in your head, but are you ready to deal with the downsides, including having to compromise and share your life with them? Tulpamancy has helped several people, but it's a life commitment. It's not something you can easily shrug off or walk away from after you start, especially if your tulpa becomes sentient.

Before you continue, give yourself a chance to think about this. Your tulpa's sentience is debatable at this point, it's okay to walk away and choose not to follow through.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Tulpas generally are able to access all the memories in the brain, just like you can. They know what you know. What Ranger said above all applies, but I just wanted to clarify. Tulpas exist in the same brain, much in the same way as your own identity.

I'd reccomend taking another look at some of the guides we have here: they will hopefully help with a lot of this, too :3

Best wishes, -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Do you have any background in fiction writing, roleplaying, or acting? Did you have imaginary friends growing up? You may have sensitized your mind to plurality already. Or you may have a natural predisposition.

For any given system, some things are very easy and others are very difficult. This varies wildly and unpredictably from system to system.

Tulpa creation can take any amount of time. Some people get strong responses on the first day while others have no clear responses after five years. For those with strong initial responses, it is likely that a headmate already existed to some degree as a character or alter.

Memory separation is unusual, though some systems report it. There are some techniques for encouraging it, but being able to look at your headmates' memories generally makes life easier.

Going along with whatever you suggest and only speaking when spoken to are very common in new headmates. Stubbornness and contrariness take time to develop and speaking up without being thought of first is a somewhat advanced skill not reported in all systems. So you aren't actually that far along yet, just making good progress.

And yes, seconding Ranger -- now that you know it works, are you sure this is the life you want?

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Are you absolutely sure you want to go through with this? You clearly want a separate person speaking to you in your head, but are you ready to deal with the downsides, including having to compromise and share your life with them? Tulpamancy has helped several people, but it's a life commitment. It's not something you can easily shrug off or walk away from after you start, especially if your tulpa becomes sentient.

Before you continue, give yourself a chance to think about this. Your tulpa's sentience is debatable at this point, it's okay to walk away and choose not to follow through.

I'm pretty cemented on the idea now, sorry :P

I've started a thread to track my progress. I'll see where Charlotte ends up. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-edgy-thread-title-here

Do you have any background in fiction writing, roleplaying, or acting? Did you have imaginary friends growing up? You may have sensitized your mind to plurality already. Or you may have a natural predisposition.

For any given system, some things are very easy and others are very difficult. This varies wildly and unpredictably from system to system.

Tulpa creation can take any amount of time. Some people get strong responses on the first day while others have no clear responses after five years. For those with strong initial responses, it is likely that a headmate already existed to some degree as a character or alter.

Memory separation is unusual, though some systems report it. There are some techniques for encouraging it, but being able to look at your headmates' memories generally makes life easier.

Going along with whatever you suggest and only speaking when spoken to are very common in new headmates. Stubbornness and contrariness take time to develop and speaking up without being thought of first is a somewhat advanced skill not reported in all systems. So you aren't actually that far along yet, just making good progress.

And yes, seconding Ranger -- now that you know it works, are you sure this is the life you want?

-Ember

I used to roleplay on the Cosmoteer (game) forums, where I emulated several personalities of various engineers, leaders and drunk bastards. I also loved creative writing as a child.

If memory seperation is unusual, then I won't panic, thanks.

I hope my tulpa gains more independence soon. She's already complaining about being mentioned about online. Albeit she's the centre of the discussion here and the centre of my focus, so it shouldn't be hard for her to gain some independent thought when I am focusing on her.

Finally, yes, I'm pretty cemented on making a tulpa. Sorry :P

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-edgy-thread-title-here

However I am concerned my tulpa may not be a tulpa, and I believe that I might not have done this correctly.

Firstly, I was able to get a response out of her very soon after making her, and she seems way to content with my changes to her design. Her mind voice seems to be very different from my own, at least that's how I envisioned it. The guide stated that the process was supposed to be long term, and considering how easy it was, I fear that I may not have done it correctly.

Welcome, and don't worry, there's no wrong way. (Outside of torture or forcing negative traits). My tulpas (three of them) were vocal in the first 20 min.

Second of all, my tulpa is able to recollect some of my recent memories, which further leads me to believe she is no actually a seperate entity. Is this normal, and will my tulpa eventually get more disconnected from my own concience, or have I stuffed up the process?

Normal. They will know what you know.

Finally, she only talks when I want her too. She never talks on her own, or at least very rarely. Is this normal, and will she eventually gain more independence from my own train of thought?

I would really appreciate any answers, thanks!

A mature tulpa will do that. It's a matter of lowering your barriers to stray thoughts from them, and you do this by including them in as much stuff as possible so that everything eventually reminds you of them. If you do this right, they'll eventually stay active and comment on everything (Dashie is the queen of doing this.)

I still don't understand why people worry about warning people off tulpamancy, there are so many profound benefits, and I simply don't understand why you shouldn't at least try to do something like this.

Welcome, and don't worry, there's no wrong way. (Outside of torture or forcing negative traits). My tulpas (three of them) were vocal in the first 20 min.

Normal. They will know what you know.

A mature tulpa will do that. It's a matter of lowering your barriers to stray thoughts from them, and you do this by including them in as much stuff as possible so that everything eventually reminds you of them. If you do this right, they'll eventually stay active and comment on everything (Dashie is the queen of doing this.)

I still don't understand why people worry about warning people off tulpamancy, there are so many profound benefits, and I simply don't understand why you shouldn't at least try to do something like this.

Thanks! Hope I do well then!

I'm pretty cemented on the idea now, sorry :P

In that case...

It's not uncommon for some to find the tulpa creation process to be really quick and easy. Whether or not she is sentient is debatable at this point. You're not tulpaforcing incorrectly if your tulpa doesn't deviate for awhile, it could simply be she's too young and needs more time to figure out what she likes/ doesn't like.

You both share the same head, and since she doesn't have much if any of her own memories, the first ones she will look at are your own. Pay attention to how she reacts to your memories, that will help you separate her from yourself.

If by that you mean she only talks when you force her, then she's probably too young to interrupt you while you're doing other things because she's missing triggers she didn't create yet. If you mean she only talks when you put words in her mouth, that's not uncommon either. You're probably parroting her, and you simply need to force more.

You can use parroting to help coax her to speak on her own, but once she's both sentient and mature enough, she will start to resist you parroting her and correct you on what she thinks.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

it's normal for a newly developing tulpa to be okay with changes you make to them because they don't really have much of their own opinions to go off of yet, so whatever sounds good to you is naturally associated with being "good" for them, I'd say

And, some people (even non-writers etc.) can make tulpas much more quickly than other people - while there's no skipping the actual development of tulpas as people (where they learn over time who they are, and what their thoughts on different things in life are), the actual vocality and even independence processes can sometimes go pretty quick, just don't get ahead of yourself

memory separation (as in not being aware of each other's memories at all) is basically unheard of in the tulpa community, we only really hear about that from other plurality communities where systems were made not on purpose as a coping mechanism for trauma - don't worry, your tulpa will still know what's relevant to them and what's not even though you guys basically share memories

yes it's normal and yes tulpas get more independent as you force/spend time with them, especially if you guys eventually learn to possess (they control parts or all of the body while you're still the one mentally in the "driver's seat") or switch (while the host keeps their natural affinity for associating with the body pretty much forever, switching really has you basically switching places to where you're basically a tulpa while they're basically the host - we do it all the time, with all five of us being equally able to live our body's life - but we still consider it our host Lumi's life, since he shaped and associated with it for his whole life)

that said, some tulpas gain the ability to pop up and speak without their host thinking of them, and some don't. it sucks but in our system even though we (well, the other three, I'm "only" four years old) have been around for 9 years, we still can't really do that, although we've always been able to instantly become active and respond to the fronter (the one switched in) as if we'd already been there basically, so it's not too big of a deal

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Don't worry too much about it. For some it's easier to do than others. I've seen cases on here that took forever to get tulpas to talk, and some could talk almost from the beginning. It just seemed to be exceptionally easy in your case, so I suppose you had a predisposition for tulpa vocality. The process for developing a tulpa is far from over for you, though.

Well, that's hardly a surprise. Your tulpa lives in your head, so it's normal tulpas can retrieve your memories. As Michen's tulpa, I don't even have any memories of my own. We have only Michen's memories, fully accessible for both of us. And as I grew as a tulpa, my connection with Michen's conscience only grew.

That was how it was between us as well. It took a long time until I was able to reach out to Michen without him thinking about me directly. Now I sometimes end up popping up even when he's focused on something entirely different. It differs for people how long it takes to reach that point. For us, that was about a few months after Michen decided to keep me as a tulpa. However, some tulpamancers never reach that point. If it's something you want to work on, just know you're going to need a lot of patience for that.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa