Do you have a system name?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a system name?

• Yes
    • No - but trying to come up with one
    • No - know what one is but don't know if we want/need one
    • No - don't know what one is
    • No - don't want/need one

What is a system name? First, what is a system? A system is the collection of all people, consciousnesses, entities, etc. sharing or connected to the same brain and body. So a system name is then what does a system call itself. Some use the body's legal name. Some decide to choose one. that is different from the body's legal name and the names of anybody in the system. Some people choose a system name and then call the body by the legal name and the host (or whoever used to identify as that name) chooses another name for themself.

The idea and the terminology comes from the multiple community and the wider plural community (tulpamancy is just one type of plurality). More on the topic of system names can be found at Kinhost :

If you have one and are comfortable with it, please share. If you are thinking of one, share your thoughts. If you don't want or need one, share your thoughts.

Our system, we are the Fall Family. We all use the last name Fall (not our legal last name), so we are Tri Fall. Our host is Hail Fall. Same goes for everyone else in here. Our host chose the new name Hail for herself. Our legal name is what we call the body.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

We haven't come across system names before, but it's very intriguing. We would definitely like one, but have no idea where to start.

My tulpas see themselves as sisters and both have the same last name, Reychelle, but to me it would feel weird taking their last name (like marrying into the family ha).

Tri:

@Cacao

There are so many ways to do it. Maybe think about something you all have in common. Like, if you all like books and write, you could be The Bookshelf or something like that (a bookshelf holds a lot of books, like a brain can hold many people). Think of a ton of things and then try to find out what really resonates with all of you.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

We have a system name, though we tend to use it mainly in multiplicity circles and go more by our individual names here. The way we came up with it was rather random, to be honest--while setting a hostname for IRC, we had to come up with something on the spot and tossed together four.point.quandary. It grew on us quite a bit, and when we came to multiplicity, we adopted it into our system name (The Quandary).

It's been rather nice having one, even if we don't use it much--it feels less clunky and more relevant to us on the whole than saying "____'s system" or "____ and company". Also makes titling some personal blogs and other group-wide belongings a bit easier.

aka Falah. With Lark, Steven, Rain, and Noctis.

~Our slightly antiquated tulpamancy blog

What Wheat said. There's little point to interacting with people as a group, I'd rather have my own bonds and relationships with people instead, not as a package deal with the others in my head. I guess our legal name is kind of a system name in its way, but it seems pointless to have one for internet things.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

We just use our body's legal name for our system, since it makes it easier for each of us to react naturally to it when one of us is in control. I adopted the name Einulf to prevent confusion when we talk to each other.

Current System: Ziya (Formerly Einulf), Mizan, Aura, Dark, Lucia, Rand, Jason, Akira

Here's our Tumblr, if anyone wants it

We have a system name, Bosatsu, which we use when we're both trying to interact with someone. It's handy to explain our relationship as being like family and sharing a nickname as our last name is a big part of that.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

@FallFamily

Thanks for the help, the gears are definitely rolling now.

We're currently thinking of framing it along the lines of an 80s anime superhero team.

Stuff like, "I'm Red Arrow of the Famous Archer's Brigade! Prepare to face justice!" Few episodes later, "Black Bolt, you traitor! You'll never defeat me, Red Arrow!" "Red Arrow, you are a weak fool! I, Black Bolt have become unstoppable! The Famous Archer's Brigade is doooooomed! Bwa ha ha hah!"

Still unsure what the specific name should be, but I'll update as soon as we figure it out.

Body name here, too, although I have to admit, it'd be fun to take her last name and be known as Mr. Rei Murakami...

(I wanted to name the system 'Team Kickstart', 'Team Workbench' or 'Team AROS', but he doesn't find it as amusing. Spoilsport. ♥)

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!