Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Who knows about your tulpa?
Every close friend/family member knows about it.
Some close friends/family members know about it.
Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.
[Show Results]

Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?
hassanandfriends Offline
:D
Registered

Threads: 6

RE: Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?
Only some. I used to tell everyone about Rav when I thought ne was just an imaginary friend, but I don't trust anyone anymore and when I told my friend the other day I think I may have lost her on account of she thinks I'm crazy. ._. I know I can't expect her to understand but... Bleh. -.-

~~Guide to Ravi's pronouns~~

Ne- used like He
Nem- used like Him/Her
Nir- used like His/Her (as in "His friend is fun")
Nirs- used like His/Hers (as in "It is hers")
Nemself- used like Himself/Herself
12-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Find Reply
LittlePebble Offline
Registered

Threads: 10
All Accounts Posts: 54

Does your irl parents know? How open are you?
I want to point out that even writers and artist are not always fond of their family. Mostly because creative writing and character building is not easy to explain. Everyone has their own method it seems like. When you throw Tulpas in the mix it makes it even more complicated.
With that said how open are you to your irl parents? If your parents don't know then who does? 
My answer to the given question
I found out the hard way just how easy family and friends can be divided against each other. It was Face book what would you have expected? I guess I felt like if they were my friends face to face then they would be on Face Book. Seems like very few people have the maturity and the respect to handle the social media such as Face Book.
I came over it and I found that very few people decided to burn bridges with me. I reactivated my Face Book recently. Now I am just mending fences. I know I say this a lot, but I would want no one to have formed their Tulpas under the same conditions that I have. Now I explain to people at gatherings only when I allow them to get to know me. Once they seem to have known me for a while I explain how my world works. I explain it as imaginary friends because it seems like that is the only way that they will understand. 
My memory also sucks, so if they don't say my name or ask me to remind them my name I don't talk about it. I will if they over hear it. I hate the closet. Just because it worked for C. S. Lewis to be in the wardrobe its just too cliche for me to be that way. I will explain it to anyone who is willing to understand and only when they ask or I get to know them.

If life made sense,what fun would that be?(Public Diary)(Deviant Art)
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 04:31 PM by LittlePebble. Edit Reason: Color was hard to read )
10-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
ClianthaMiura Offline
Registered

Threads: 5
All Accounts Posts: 230

RE: Does your irl parents know? How open are you?
No one in my family knows. To me, tulpas are much like any other more "serious" subject, such as religion, mental health and sexuality. I don't really feel the need to talk about them or explain them to anyone unless it's to answer a question or contribute to an already on-going conversation. So, I guess I'm not very open? I don't know, if someone asked I might talk about them, but I'm not likely gonna bring them up myself. I might include some of them in my profile on a website if I feel like it, but that's about it. I just don't feel like I have a reason to.

Desmond's happy enough chatting with other hosts and tulpas and doesn't really need anyone outside of the communities to know about his existence. And the rest of my tulpas honestly just couldn't care less, so yeah.

Desmond - 21st April 2014 (Also has his own account)
L - 5th May 2014
Nevira - 14th December 2014
Misa - 5th December 2015
Progress report
Art thread
10-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
tulpa001 Offline
<void>
Forum Moderators

Threads: 27
All Accounts Posts: 2,015

RE: Does your irl parents know? How open are you?
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-your...#pid177099

(10-29-2016, 08:15 AM)War Wrote: I have a very poor social life offline. I won't even be telling my family about this. There is no good reason to.

Online, I told a bunch of people. Limited interest. One person asked if aborting a tulpa early on was killing them, one asked how it was even possible a tulpa looked a certain way, two expressed mild curiosity, one tried valiantly and verbosely to diplomatically suggest I should visit a doctor, two said they were afraid to say anything for fear of insulting someone or invoking drama, one said to just effing be careful, but with more words, one asked what a tulpa is, and the large majority completely ignored my revelation.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 06:34 AM by tulpa001.)
10-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Find Reply
starberryGhost Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

Before I even knew what tulpas were I talked about Shadow a lot.. to my mom and to my sister and brother, my best friend at the time made tulpas with me and we had a conjoined wonderland. I spoke to my other friends about Shadow too.
My mom was concerned about my obsession with Shadow and tried to tell me he was an archetype.
But now I know hes a tulpa.
[I thought he was a spirit guide for a while.]
11-03-2017, 02:16 AM
Find Reply
Mendel--Keml Offline
Registered

Threads: 2

Most of the people i know dont actually know /me/ because when i meet new people i usually switch to him because he is easy to get along with so.. Everyone knows him but they dont know he is a tulpa -- Keml
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 02:14 AM by Mendel--Keml.)
11-04-2017, 02:13 AM
Find Reply
Shadow Offline
and Shade
Registered

Threads: 3

I toyed with the idea of telling some people close to me, but when I tested the waters by talking about tulpamancy and related things, it was met with extreme hostility so you guys will be the only ones to know. Shade's mortified of the idea too, she says she enjoys being a secret.

We're back and better than ever :P
11-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Find Reply