Do your tulpas have different values, morals and ethical standards than you?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sorry if this question has been explored already in another thread. If it has, someone please leave a link and I will add it to the OP for reference.

My question for discussion is: Do your tulpas have different values, morals and ethical standards than you?

My values, ethics, morals and standards all align pretty closely with my host Mistgod (Davie). I do tend to be a little more liberal and progressive than him in general.

[hidden]One area in which we are very different is in expressing/talking about sexuality. I am bisexual while my host is heterosexual, and I am much more sexually uninhibited and outspoken about sexual issues. I often embarrass my host with my open frankness about sexual topics. I am open minded and accepting of people expressing themselves sexually with their sexual orientation and fetishes. I don't mind talking about them. Because of that I have found a lot of interesting and unusual friends on deviantart who share some rather racy and strange stuff with me (vore, tickling, feet, you name it). All of it is legal and harmless, I don't condone anything like pedophilia or anything like that. [/hidden]

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Rina and me generally agree on such stuff...

... the only truly notable difference being that I'd describe her as way more of a hardliner when it comes to certain things (especially tulpa rights).

But aside from that, I guess we're pretty similar in our ethical standards an' stuff; I think that can be said for the vast majority of the people here anyway.

Greets,

AG

This is something I can definitly answer with "yes". Alice is a lot more ambitious in general, and she has quite her own ethic view. For example there is this one tip that you can let your tulpa block out your own thoughts to certain a degree, filter it, so you have an easier time to hear what your tulpa is thinking. Alice pretty much denied the idea of doing so, because she would be uncomfortable if I would try something similiar with her in my place. You can say she isn't willing to do something what she wouldn't want for herself, even though I don't think it would've been a big deal for this special purpose.

Also her idea of the tulpa - body situation, systems etc. differs from my personal view. There a surely a few things more with less specific context. She is the bringer of wisdoms like "Annoying kids are annoying, and cute kids are cute." when I ask her about her opinion about children etc.

I think there might be a lot more, but mostly I just scratch on the surface of her world view.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I'm probably the most ethically divergent (or at least loudest about it) in our system. It's easier for soulbonds to differ greatly from our host, I think, since we have our built-in "experiences" that color our perceptions. I understand my host's views on things, since I can see her thought processes, but I just don't agree.

For example: my host is a pacifist who advocates diplomacy over war in just about any situation. I'm more of the opinion that combat is a tool that sometimes must be applied, albeit carefully, to get a better result in the long run, because some people are just a**holes.

My host abhors confrontation and will shrink away and start getting anxious at the slightest hint that someone, even a total stranger, might disagree with or dislike her. Meanwhile, I advocate standing one's ground, and if others disagree or dislike me, that's their prerogative as long as I've stated my case.

And I'm not even going to get into the political issues. Suffice to say that I would vote a different direction than about 3/4 of my system, including my host.

So yes. We have a great deal of ethical diversity in our system. Can't say living in the same headspace as people you disagree with on key moral issues isn't interesting.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Yes. Very.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Guest Anonymous

@Everyone

Thank you for the responses so far! It is very interesting how most reported significant differences in some areas of opinion, ethics, morals and standards between their tulpas(s) and themselves.

My next question to add to the discussion is: Do these differences cause you to have any conflict with your tulpa(s) and how do you deal with those conflicts, if and when they arise?

Can't say living in the same headspace as people you disagree with on key moral issues isn't interesting.

Would you be willing to elaborate on this?

I love to get my host of his lazy ass if that counts. All this guy wants to do is play music and go to work, so it's pretty much me pushing him to do his college work. As for moral and ethical stuff, I think I tend to be more compassionate than my host does, he has a tendency to be a little heartless.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Would you be willing to elaborate on this?

Bouncing off your previous question about whether we ever come into conflict... yes. Of course. Like any group of people who are in close proximity with one another, members of our system disagree over various issues all the time. Doesn't help that we're a large system, so, statistically, pretty much any issue of substance is going to have some detractors.

Most of the time, differences can be resolved with conversation and compromise. Two of the most diplomatic members of our system have been assigned to conflict management, and will step in to help mediate if things get heated. This doesn't always work for me... I'll admit that I tend to be rather confrontational, and the fact that one of those mediators drives me up the wall doesn't help.

There are full-on arguments, sometimes. I've lost my temper a few times, both at my host and my headmates, after which there's nothing much to do besides cool off. Once I've had a chance to vent or exercise or something, I'm usually able to think a bit more logically about things. In cases like that, it really depends on what the individual tulpa needs... whether it's to work off steam, or TLC, or something else that helps the tulpa work through the emotions at the base of the argument.

During more protracted disagreements (Temar and I have been known to argue on the same point for days), I have to press a point until either I'm proven right or someone else proves me wrong... in which case, I am willing to admit such a defeat gracefully. More protracted disagreements are more light-hearted than full-blown arguments. They're more like discussions. We'll even inject humor into them.

When all is said and done, it must be understood that conflict in our system is neither violent nor malicious. All of the above is done with the understanding that conflicts can and will eventually be resolved, even if it's just in a "let's agree to disagree" way. We do care about one another in a familial way and we all know that long-term conflict within the system isn't healthy for anyone.

Though that doesn't stop me from teasing and heckling as the situation warrants. Have to entertain myself somehow.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Feferi: We think very much like our host. So much that I could say that the only difference is that we're (as Vris would say x3) waaaaaaaay more social than he is, and more opened to meet new people. We don't have any problem in meeting new people and talking to them, while he prefers to keep quiet. He wants to socialize, but he just can't, because he's afraid of getting hurt, while we just go and... Socialize.

Guest Anonymous

@Joss

I imagine that, in the case of having a large system, it would be absolutely critical that everyone learn to somehow compromise and get along! Can you imagine what would happen if that proved impossible?

Feferi: We think very much like our host. So much that I could say that the only difference is that we're (as Vris would say x3) waaaaaaaay more social than he is, and more opened to meet new people. We don't have any problem in meeting new people and talking to them, while he prefers to keep quiet. He wants to socialize, but he just can't, because he's afraid of getting hurt, while we just go and... Socialize.

Oh I can imagine such a thing! I am way more out going in some ways than my host, or at least, way talkier and hyper-chatty than he is! :-)