A discussion of passive vs. active forcing and tulpa development

Shinyuu

I've been advised in my GAT submission thread that I might find a better discussion platform in the general section. Granted I never really was an active user in here and I don't know your local customs I'd like to throw in a link to my recent post on forcing and see if it sprouts any good discussion.

So here you go: On Forcing

And indeed, “active forcing” is hosts experiencing their tulpas while being aware of it; while “passive forcing” is them doing it while being unaware of the action.

I'm sorry, my GAT instincts kicked in, but this contradicts your first definition:

The separation between active and passive forcing is based on if we focus our attention on the tulpa specifically or only give them little attention while being busy with something else.

To me the first definition sounds like the definitions I'm familiar with while the ladder statement confuses me. How can the host direct their undivided attention to their Tulpa if they are not even aware of it? To me being "unaware" of forcing sounds more like a trigger that would wake up a Tulpa or keep them partially active.

I'm not reviewing this work, but I needed that off my plate.

Anyway, I think this article is interesting. I wouldn't mind doing a little more homework on Buddist traditions, but I agree that Tulpamancy challenges the "I'm my brain and my thoughts" mindset.

So, is it better to active force, or passive force, or switch?

It's an interesting question. I personally prefer active forcing because I feel like I get a chance to think and be myself where so far all of my switching attempts have left me confused about as who I am or really really anxious. I like possession much better than switching as of right now, but part of it is because I'm still not comfortable with taking the host position yet. At the very least, I learned a lot as a person when I possessed Cat, but our mindset didn't change until we looked into how to switch.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

To me the first definition sounds like the definitions I'm familiar with while the ladder statement confuses me. How can the host direct their undivided attention to their Tulpa if they are not even aware of it? To me being "unaware" of forcing sounds more like a trigger that would wake up a Tulpa or keep them partially active.

Yeahs; I might need to look again into that definition. I'm not really fond of the "traditional" active & passive forcing definitions but the initial review of this article showed that people are getting confused if I used my own wording. Well duh.

Thanks for pointing it out.