Good or not?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Good or not?

• Good.
    • Not.

Question

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I thought of a way to differentiate yours and your tulpa's thought processes:

1. Start forcing, using whatever method you like.

2. Force yourself an opaque box with a hinged lid, whatever size. (I use a cubic black wooden box about half a meter on a side)

3. Either you or your tulpa take the box, then force something inside of it, without telling the other what it is or letting it slip in any way.

4. Play 20 Questions with the object in the box, or something similar. If you randomly think of or get a thought about a certain object, guess it. This "calls out" any stray thoughts.

5. Switch roles and have the other person guess.

6. Repeat if you so desire.

The idea is that it will train you and your tulpa to be able to function separately more effectively, so that you can both think about different things at the same time, basically. I believe this should help with parallel processing and simple differentiation, and general development.

If you try this, please respond with what you think of it and any interesting experiences you have.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for what happens, as usual.

I like this quite a bit, it's very fun. It's nice to have ways to force that are more fun than just simply working at it. We've recently changed the ping pong method into a word association ping pong game. A little more challenging, but a bit more fun.

Jaden put a cookie in it, I put in a coffee mug, heh.

Hm... It would seem that Tom has no issue hiding an object from me and having me actually have to guess what's inside (On average, it takes me about 10 guesses), but no matter what I do I just can't seem to stop him from knowing my object right away (I even tried tricking him by putting something in and then taking it out... he knew it was empty right away and proceeded to guess the object I pulled out on his first try).

Any suggestions? Or perhaps we should just keep working at it!

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

To hide the objects on your end, I'd say to not consciously think about it, but while still remembering it. I know it probably makes no sense, but that's the best way I can think to put it.

To hide the objects on your end, I'd say to not consciously think about it, but while still remembering it. I know it probably makes no sense, but that's the best way I can think to put it.

No, it makes sense :D

Something I did that worked was choose an object and then immediately think of another object to focus on instead. I still had the other object remembered, but pushed it to the side with something else so, when Tom "cheated" and looked at my thoughts, he would only see the new object. With that cheat out of the way, he could then go about actually trying to guess the real object.

...Pretty sure that's what you mean, right?

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

Something similar to that, yes. When I do this with Maia, the only thoughts I "leak" (either accidentally or intentionally) would be images of the box, of Maia, of our wonderland, etc.

Thank you so much! We've had parallel processing problems before, and this pretty much solved it.

Jabre's bump of this thread brought it back to mind; I'd been planning to do this once my tulpas were beyond just a little bit vocal.

I tried it with Ib, since I've been a bit bad about giving her attention lately. Since I'm short on time and pretty much writing this as I'm about to head out the door, we only had time for her to put an item into the box and for me to guess it. We'll try the other way around later.

It took me quite a few guesses, and once I guessed 'christmas tree ornament', I guess she considered it close enough and told me to take a look. Inside was a three-dimensional glass heart shape. I said it was nice, and she said it was for me. I hugged her and '80s sitcom feels were had. Good exercise.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill

It seems this guide submission had some positive feedback in the past. It gets my approval for [Misc].

I’ve personally used this method along with self-hypnosis, helped a lot when I was busy getting used to filling all sorts of information in my head.

Actually, while we never had any guessing part because Roswell wasn't vocal back then, this is something very similar to what I did. Just to get ideas for narration, however. It was surprising how so many things could come out of the box and I didn't even guess what it could've been before I saw it. Really good imagination practice too by the way.

So I'd think that this would do something, at least. I guess I'll approve it as a guide.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)