Is Order Important?

I was working on Salvia, and I was wondering if it mattered that I focus primarily on personality, before form, voice etc. Usually, I just focus on everything throughout the days. Am I forcing correctly?

There is no carved-in-stone method. From what I've seen, people who do want a form from the beginning go something like:

Form --> Personality --> Narration/voice/etc. Having the form in mind gives your attention a definite target, which helped me.

Going along with what curious said you could also do it this way, if you don't know what Salvia is going to look like yet;

Wonderland -> Personality -> Narration and then you could do Form last

I didn't actually do anything. Just started talking to this blob in my mind and treating it like it was (or would become) a real, live person.

Self-fulfilling prophecies can go in any direction you want. A little heart and soul can go a long way instead of seeing it as a mechanized process. I guess instead of feeling you have to do everything from start to finish in the right order, you'd just have some faith that your mind is going to do something about it at some point if you really live out in a way where you believe they're real to you, or at least have the potential to be real to you.