Octaviapus' Guide to Lucid Mode

Octaviapus[Caelex]

Question

This guide is intended to help with the creation of your Tulpas’ form, wonderland, and voice. It is suggested that you read the following guides before you read any further, as it will make the method, much easier.

http://tulpa.info/guides/how-to-read-guides.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/irish-creation-guide.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/irish-wonderland-guide.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/faqman-creation-guide.html

WHAT IS LUCID MODE?: Lucid Mode is a state of mind that can be entered at any time of day, and is very similar to a dream, but can be controlled in every aspect, if done right.The first few times it can be hard to stay awake, you could burn out, and fall asleep completely.

The concept of lucid mode it to make your mind as clear as possible and to be as relaxed as you can get.

Everyone has a favorite way of getting to a lucid state; the most simplistic is to be in a comfortable chair in a normal sitting position, with your hands in your lap. Close your eyes and try to empty your mind of any thoughts, that don’t apply to your Tulpa, or wonderland. I find that quiet calm music (with no vocals, or very few) can help ease into the mental state that is required.

YOU MAY POSSIBLY FALL ASLEEP DURING THIS PRACTICE, not because it’s boring, but because it is borderline sleeping, I would suggest setting a timer for 1 hour before each session, just in case you fall asleep, and also to never exceed a session length of one hour, as it can cause severe mental fatigue if you aren’t well versed in Lucid Mode.

ENTERING LUCID MODE: Once your mind is cleared you should begin to feel drowsy, now this is the hardest part of the entire process, staying awake. You need to keep your mind focused on your task, if your thoughts wander away from the task at hand, you will brick out (fall asleep). Learning the correct balance of how awake/asleep you are is crucial to getting into Lucid Mode, you need to be aware of your surroundings, and what you are doing, if you lose that, try to snap out of it, and take a break, and before starting again. Once you get into Lucid Mode you can begin to work on your Tulpa/Wonderland.

WONDERLANDS: If you don’t have a familiar wonderland, this should be your first step. Begin with the landscape, are you in a forest, desert, jungle or some other form of environment. Once you settle on one, Begin to craft the simple aspects of your wonderland (EX: waterfalls, buildings, trees, etc etc.) This can take anywhere from one session, to 10 depending on your level of focus, and how much of a photographic memory you have. Once you have a wonderland that you are satisfied with, move on to Tulpa construction.

TULPA FORM: To begin, Tulpa construction, clear your mind, just like you would, while creating your wonderland, and attempt to get into the same mindset. Start with a blank backdrop, either white or black, whenever suits your needs, and begin to sculpt and shape your Tulpas’ form to whatever seems pleasing. Start with a basic form, that you want your Tulpa to take (Ex: Pony, human, bird, cloud etc etc). Once you choose their form, begin working on details, such as eye/hair color, clothing, facial features, height, weight and so on. If your Tulpa can already speak, ask for their advice or opinions on the form, after all they are the ones who will inhabit it.

IMPOSING IN WONDERLAND: To proceed with imposition practice in Lucid Mode you need to have a functioning Wonderland, and a well built form, to begin, enter Lucid Mode, and bring up your wonderland, at this point you should be fairly familiar with its landscape/structure. Go to any place in the wonderland that is open, and comfortable to you, and settle your mind on it. Slowly call into mind your Tulpas form, and layer them onto the open ground as well as you can. Practice this until you can easily impose your Tulpa into wonderland, without too much work.

IMPOSING IRL (in our world): To impose IRL it is suggested that you have successfully imposed in wonderland at least once. Begin by memorizing the spot that you wish to impose your Tulpa onto, and then enter Lucid Mode. Once into Lucid Mode, Bring up the memory of the spot you wish to impose upon, as if it were your wonderland, and then layer your Tulpa onto it, in the same fashion that you did with imposing in wonderland. Once you can do this successfully do this, slowly work your way back to consciousness, if possible, and then focus on the spot you memorized. Now attempt to impose your Tulpa onto that spot, this may not work the first time, but practice imposing in memory, and in wonderland, will greatly improve your skills, at imposition.

HEARING YOUR TULPA: This was by far the hardest part for me personally, to achieve. You need to be able to easily enter Lucid Mode, and stay in it for at least 15 minutes without Bricking Out. This process may need to be repeated several times. First enter Lucid Mode, and keep your vision clear. Talk to your Tulpa, and ask a lot of questions, any kind of question will work, even something as simple as “Can you hear me?” is sufficient, just be sure to be patient. If you hear your Tulpa respond, then that is fantastic, but we don’t always hear them very easily. If you hear a thought, or voice that you think, MIGHT be your Tulpa, but aren’t sure if its just your own thoughts, IT IS DEFINATLY YOUR TULPA! This is one of the harder steps of Lucid Mode, and can be very frustrating, but have patients, and you shall succeed.

Music is my passion, my life, and my soul. It drives me to see the truth behind the shadow of this world, and to fight for the glory of knowledge. Music paves the road to understanding, and it is with my love for the harmonious sound, that I carry my life.

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Coincidentally I went into this state yesterday by accident, had a pretty good visualization going, until I lost track and started to think about the battle of midway and crap, also pretty detailed.

Will be trying this, seems right up my alley in terms of what I need.

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

Guest EnnervateIndustries

So, just some clarifications, this is forcing while lucid dreaming? Or is it closer to meditation?

Yeah, I think it's more of a deep meditation. If it were lucid dreams, that would imply you are already asleep.

I haven't had much luck with any sort of deep meditation before, so I might try this.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

I've done something similar to this before, although falling asleep is almost unavoidable the first few times. Your mileage may vary, obviously, as some people may find this easier than others.

Also, this is probably the most effective way to force for those who do a session before they sleep, hence "borderline sleeping."

I feel like a little practice on this could bring some huge results. I'm going to try this out more regularly and throw in more of my opinions as they come.

This could be considered meditation, however, you are essentially asleep during the practice, its all about how deep into sleep you go.

Music is my passion, my life, and my soul. It drives me to see the truth behind the shadow of this world, and to fight for the glory of knowledge. Music paves the road to understanding, and it is with my love for the harmonious sound, that I carry my life.

I'm actually practicing self-hypnosis to improve on creating my wonderland so I can just interact with Eva. About the borderline sleeping aspect, I'm actually at that part where if I do a specific response to calm myself down (I do several to get myself grounded), I get so sleepy that I just want to rest my head on a pillow.

Like I literally get up from the chair and from the bed. It gets annoying at times because I know I'm so close into getting into a trance-like state.

I think another thing to add on to the whole "being aware of your surroundings" process is to actually say aloud (of course not screaming at the top of your lungs), of what you're doing to relax yourself.

Like example:

"As I count to ten, and even before I count to ten, I will feel a tingling sensation in my hand and I will be more relaxed than before."

Adding feedback as you're counting up to whatever value you prefer has helped me a lot when you condition yourself into doing it. I can actually get into this lucid mode/mediative mode/trance mode/hypnosis mode/whatever term fits you way faster than I did 2 weeks or so when attempting it.

And also making a posthypnotic suggestion such as,

"I am going to be completely aware of my surroundings during this session" can help a lot, especially if you reach the "Scatterbrain" process where thoughts start mixing in and it's hard to say a mantra in your head.

Also,

inb4SameAsAnyOtherGuide.

I think what makes this guide good is that people tend to make the whole process too complicated. They lose track of the imagination they already have, they think they have to completely unlearn the ability to conceptualize their imagination when they can just use the pre-determined thought patterns to their advantage.

I was a victim of the unlearning process, and what I'm doing now is similar to the method in this guide. I find it better that getting in a hypnotic state, or a state of higher suggestibility can help a lot with temporarily getting rid of some mental blocks that might make tulpaforging/tulpaforcing difficult for others.

Anyone can be in a suggestive state that can bring about practical results with tulpa interaction and wonderland when they realize they have control the whole time.

For me, it's all about conquering the urge to sleep, but what OP stated is very helpful. Thanks for posting.

I think if a person goes for self-hypnosis rather than the usual meditation that's just there to clear thoughts out, they can get to this state quicker (because the conditioned responses with hypnosis will make the endeavor of practicing meditation less favorable in my opinion).

Anyways, ive got an eye on this post, so if you have a question/comment/concern please drop it here, or grab me on the Rizon IRC in #Tulpa.Info or #tulpa_ot im usualy set as Tavipus[Caelex]

This is easing yourself into what is basically a lucid daydream. If you've ever been tired to the point where as soon as you get comfortable, everything around you get's tuned out and you dream, you've pretty much been in this state, just not lucid. I really need to practice this, though.