Parroting Syndrome

Pronas

Question

[align=justify]Hello everyone. Pronas here. In this thread of mine, I plan to talk about something VERY SERIOUS called Parroting Syndrome.

Parroting Syndrome is basically when you think everything that happens to your tulpa seems to be done by you (a.k.a parroting).

Now, the reason why this is serious is because if you keep thinking like this, you won't be able to perceive results in fear of tricking yourself, which will in turn make you lose motivation and in the end, make you quit making a tulpa.

Unfortunately, there's no SUREFIRE way to know if you are parroting. Some people say the Vandereich's Prism works, while others don't seem to get any results from it. Also, I'm not going to say I have devised a way to know if you are parroting or a way stop parroting altogether, but I just want to share a way to at least make you parrot less.

Basically, it involves convincing yourself you can't parrot anymore. But how do you do that? Firstly, you have to change the way you look at things. Whenever you try to visualize your tulpa, and it does something out of the blue, like smile, or walk somewhere, you have to just take it as it is.

Think like this: "oh my tulpa moved, that's all". Maybe it was on it's own, maybe you were parroting, but there's no way to know so why keep thinking about it? It's dangerous to keep questioning yourself whether it was real or not, because you'll question everything then, and when you question everything you are doomed.

"But i have trouble just letting things happen!" - you might say. If that's the case you might want to try a symbolic way to cease parroting.

Visualize your tulpa in front of you, all cute and pretty. Now you bring your hands to it's face and start moving them throughout it's whole body. [REDACTED]

Anyways, as your hands run along your tulpa's body, you imagine threads coming out of it, like they are being revealed. These threads should represent your control over your tulpa, what makes it move without it's consent, the essence of parroting.

After you imagine the threads, you have to cut them. You can just imagine them being cut, or you can tulpaforce some scissors, whatever you think fits best. After the threads are cut, your tulpa is now a free being. You cannot control it anymore. Anything it does is because of it's own will.

And that's it. Though you might parrot it subconciously, it's not like you can avoid it. Heck, maybe a tulpa is subconscious parroting, who knows? Anyways, I wish the best of luck to you guys who think they are parroting.

[/align]

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Anonymous

[align=justify

Now, the bitter virgins like me will start having lewd thoughts, so I suggest you fap before attempting this u.u

[/align]

Should I fap to R34 of my tulpa's design?

I, myself, simply beheaded an actual parrot in my wonderland to symbolize my commitment to stop parroting.

Aha! And right after I made a post about being afraid that I'm unconsciously parroting my tulpa! Thanks Pronas, this was pretty helpful. I may have to do some parroting for the voice stuff, but I'll try to stop worrying and obsessing whether I'm parroting subconsciously. With that said:

> My tulpa held my hand to her cheek

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

This might actually work, but perhaps I shall wait a little longer before trying this since I'm not sure it might be as effective if you have just begun.

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

Aha! And right after I made a post about being afraid that I'm unconsciously parroting my tulpa! Thanks Pronas, this was pretty helpful. I may have to do some parroting for the voice stuff, but I'll try to stop worrying and obsessing whether I'm parroting subconsciously. With that said:

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

[color=#789922][/color]

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

I know that feel bro.

Question dump:

Should I even be asking my tulpa questions halfway through the personality stage?

Should I be getting any responses during the personality stage? (eg: sentience)

Should I even be trying to narrate at this stage?

Thanks.

Blog

Current Tulpa status:

Debating whether or not to restart tulpa forcing... ;__;

Hawaiian, do what you think is most logical. If you think it's ok to narrate while doing personality then do it, if you think there's no sense in talking to while you are working on personality, then don't do it.

I like to dispell parroting by imagining Alex Shepherd getting into a towtruck dragging an empty drawer full of jews and drive into a giant oven surrounded by flying monkeys masturbating with steaming hot logs of rotten meatloaf. Anyone else do this?

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.