Sensory Sharing Explained

Scrappy

Question

The purpose of sensory sharing is to get a better feel for your connection to your tulpa, and for them to develop as well, sharing your already developed senses with a new tulpa can be ideal to help them grow and learn about your world so that they can understand it on the same level as you do. Now it may seem a little complicated, but let me assure you its simpler than you may think, now what you do is use any of your senses as you normally would then share them with your tulpa, it can be anything from smelling a flower to tasting food and drink. Senses are already part of your brain after all, so when you use your senses you should focus on your tulpa at the same time to share it with them, if you like you can even ask them your opinion about it if they are developed enough to respond.

You may find that your tulpa has different tastes in food and drink as you, which may lead to either acquiring new tastes or abandoning food and drink you may normally enough, its nothing to worry over though as taste has a tendency to change even when tulpae aren't involved. The difference can be in other senses as well, you should talk to your tulpa to see what they enjoy, and perhaps learn to enjoy it yourself. You could even take it a step further if you use a wonderland or even without one, simply imagining yourself with your tulpa together enjoying a picnic and eating together, the location of course is completely up to you to decide on though something peaceful and quiet is always nice so you and your tulpa can just focus on each other and nothing else.

The main objective of this is to strengthen the connection you have with your tulpa, the more you involve yourself with it, the better as is common knowledge, You can even experiment with your tulpa, mixing and matching senses together, or if you like try making up something new with your tulpas help, imagine perhaps what a random mixture of foods or drink might taste like, you can base it off something existing or try you own creative combination, just for fun. The most important of your sense you should focus on though is sight, sound, touch and smell of course, these being some of the best sense to share with your tulpa. Seeing and hearing each other, from your tulpas perspective even, how do you think they think about you perhaps.

Touch and smell can easily follow behind those, touch your tulpa, put you and your tulpas hands together feeling each others warmth and texture, the sweet smell perhaps of your tulpa and of you to them. There are many different ways you can go about sensory sharing, you just have to get creative and bring your world to them, make them feel so real and loved to you as you should do. Don't forget after all in the two of you will be so happy, even just to see each other smiling so brightly, a wonderful and beautiful thing to share together.

I think we'll try this out. Thanks for the advice. =) We'll give it a few tries and report our results.

In the likely event that I post something strange or foolish, please read my name again.

Tulpae: Pinkie Pie, D-Pad

Birthday: October 15th, 2012, November ??, 2012

Form: Mares

Stage/progress: Sentient, internal communication, extreme emotion sharing

If there was a detailed method involved here, this would be a useful Tips & Tricks submission. But all it's saying is that sharing qualia will contribute to development and what have you.

the internal and subjective component of sense perceptions' date=' arising from stimulation of the senses by phenomena.[/quote']

I understand OP stated there are many ways to go about doing this, and mentioned one mode of practice. Maybe it could be used as a supplement to q2's huggable tulpa guide found here.

But I'm going with Tips & Tricks either way, but I'm willing to change my vote if the majority ends up disapproving, or approving for something else like Resources or whatever.

When you said sensory sharing, I thought you meant... You know. Tupper learning to sense the physical senses you experience through the body. Right now it's just, imagine imaginary senses. Wow. I think we all already do that when doing imaginary stuff with tuppers anyways. At least I hope you guys do that or your experiences sound like they will lack a lot. And I don't see how myself trying to sense what the tupper senses does anything.

I think I just want more... Something. A reason. Something more. Right now this feels lacking, I don't know why I should do this other than you claiming it would help me somehow yet I can't see it. It seems more like a wonderland sense training than anything, learning to feel imaginary senses better and all that jazz. So that would be more like, I dunno, visualization because we only have a term for imaginary sense of sight.

I can't really approve of this until you give me something more.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Sands, he says

use any of your senses as you normally would then share them with your tulpa

which for me indicates corporeal senses.

Anyway, you have an issue with run-on sentences and it's not very fleshed-out. But it's a solid concept and I approve for Tips.

It does include quite a bit of imagining things as well, like I dunno how this could be anything else.

You can even experiment with your tulpa, mixing and matching senses together, or if you like try making up something new with your tulpas help, imagine perhaps what a random mixture of foods or drink might taste like...

And then there's this part.

Seeing and hearing each other, from your tulpas perspective even...

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I love this but I don't think I can approve of it as a guide.

So I guess I will approve for tips. I think it's important for tulpas to understand senses so this is a good read.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Guest Anonymous

Tips maybe.

Nice ideas. I'm also feeling the lack of substance.

Blank vote.