Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[Game] Last one to post wins!
We can reliably get B's attention with emotions. In that way, we really only have to pay attention. I know Dashie has gotten his attention by actually possessing his hand. We talk to eachother too, he catches us talking about him. One way to describe it is a push to talk system. We're on one side, he's on the other. You don't have to believe us, doubt isn't an issue anymore.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

If you can prove that parallel processing is possible then I'll believe you, but until then I'll just trust what every other halfway scientific test has concluded. Maybe that's close minded, but I can't legitimately consider everything to be possible when every other case says that such a thing shouldn't be possible; if I drop a penny on earth, I expect it to fall
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
Vādin:

OK, how can we prove it then ?
Bre, you have just as much a burden to disprove it. The definition of parallel processing is also important here. We use that term indiscriminately.
Personally, I'm still inclined to follow the one stream of stuff coming out of the brain but it computing so fast that it's indistinguishable from parallel processing.

"If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38 thousand trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful supercomputer, BlueGene, can manage only .002% of that."

Hrm. Look up hyper-threading for processors, see if that sounds like it has similarities with headmates doing stuff "at once"?
My definition of parallel processing is the ability to keep two simultaneous trains of thought.
It is not my burden to disprove it, because it's already been disproven. Try looking up "is multitasking possible" and see how many articles you can find that say "no".

Try writing down "aah! Behind you" with one hand and "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" with the other, and see of you can manage to write them both down at the same time on your first or second try.
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
Exactly, your majesty Reilyn of the co-front.

Bre, you can not easily carry out two simultaneous consious streams yourself. I'm not arguing that.

I am then not arguing parallel processing by your definition, i don't see the value in that. I am arguing simultaneous processing of thoughts, one yours, one for each of your tulpas not accessible to you. Not dead lumps of memory coma vegetable. These are people, they have independent emotions, responses to simultaneous stimuli, and processesing power under their purview.

The responses here in this community thus far are less equitable exchange of ideas and more 'sold out'.

Maybe i'm cranky this morning having had nearly no sleep and low electrolytes, but i don't like all the gates to the possibility of something new and interesting. Everyone wants to discuss sonething new and interesting, but gatekeeps to the same old not qualified and vetted responses.

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-920x584.jpg]

I'm going back to 2010, see you in 9 years. *humph*
Is that really the same thing though? That's using signals sent from the brain to the hand to manipulate a writing instrument. There is still only one body, one set of eyes, one mouth, etc. Having two or more headmates mentally singing a round, arguing their own point of view between each other, one using the mouth to speak while the other is simultaneously chatting away in mindspeak, those are primarily mental tasks.

And why should it matter if something is done on the first, second or hundredth try? If someone throws a basketball at a hoop and misses once or twice that doesn't mean they should give up on a career in basketball, it means they need practice. Visualization is a trained skill that can be refined, why in the world wouldn't de facto parallel processing? Lance and I practiced with me speaking out the alphabet while he tried to do other stuff, or me counting up as high as I could in mindspeak while he was singing songs aloud. It was interesting, and we couldn't tell if it would lead to anything but it seemed to be something we could practice to get better at.

EDIT: You give me too much credit, Bear. I'm not going to take credit for something that was an accident. Thanks though.
How do I delete these..
Birthright is still creditable and enviable.